Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Parking idiots 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Guntrader wrote:
Lynnwood used to have the old codgers in the Citizens Patrol driving the retired Crown Vic's writing handicapped parking tickets all over the place.
Used to see them at the QFC on HY 99 a couple times a week.
At $250 per ticket, that must have been a cash cow considering they don't have to pay the patrol members.
Haven't seen them in a while, may have disbanded the program.

Here's where it started.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Was leaving a Chinese restaurant years ago.
Pouring heavy rain outside and some fuckwad parked his car so close the guy couldn't open his door.
So the Lord only willed the air out of one of his tires instead of two.
Probably to give Mr. Fuckwad the option of changing a tire in the rain or calling AAA.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Well done Jeff, well done. :bow:

You know all those times when you think of all kinds of things that you should have said.... AFTER it is all over with?

I'd thought of this a couple times before, but never said it. This time, I did. Maybe it's because the guy came within inches of actually running me over. Seriously, I felt the breeze from his car, he was so close.

So, yeah. One of those few times your mom would have been proud of you, and you wished all your buddies could have seen it. LOL This was before cell phones, too, so no having someone else hold the phone and record while you did it. LOL

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
Valve stem remover. That's all I'm gunna say

I've thought of that many times, before. Remove the stem. Re-insert only slightly. Put cap back on only slightly.

Guntrader wrote:
Lynnwood used to have the old codgers in the Citizens Patrol driving the retired Crown Vic's writing handicapped parking tickets all over the place.
At $250 per ticket, that must have been a cash cow considering they don't have to pay the patrol members.

I've wondered a few times if the snohomish sheriff's department has anything like that, going on.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've seen the CP in Thurston recently.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Take stem cap off.
Place small rock/pebble in cap.
Replace cap.

:wink05:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Nate wrote:
I got my new motorcycle, with hardbags, and went to the store to pick up a couple things.

I parked on the side of the store, across the parking lot, nobody there at all.

When I came out, this ratty old POS pickup truck was parked right next to me. There must have been 50-60 empty stalls, most closer to the building.

At first, I thought he was a douche.

Then, I thought maybe he parked there to block any runaway car who could potentially run into my bike.

Then I thought, nope...douche.

I parked my Hardly at the local quick stop gas station and with no other cars in the lot I parked near the door. I came out and a gal in an SUV parked on my right side about 2 feet away. I looked and still no other cars in the lot. She got out and started to open her rear door to get her kid out of the kid seat. I asked if she had enough room. She just sharply said "theres no lines". I said you're right. I straddled and stood up my Hardly (pipes on the right) and now about 1 foot from the door with the bars almost touching her car. She couldnt quite get the door open nor closed. I started the bike and reved it a bit ,put on my gloves, took off my gloves, put on my helmet, put on my gloves again. And while doing this I had to keep blipping the throttle cuz it might stall and die. And you know how much Hardly riders like to share their sound with others. :bigsmile: I'll bet she only parks in lots with lines now. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well if you have someone to bitch about it would be the business.

having clearly unmarked spots, they should correctly paint there spots.

for a handicap spot it is required to have a clearly visible logo and a front facing sign, which that clearly doesn't. a blue painted curb does not fit ADA or state requirements

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/publications/fu ... 0-02_e.pdf

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:

for a handicap spot it is required to have a clearly visible logo and a front facing sign, which that clearly doesn't. a blue painted curb does not fit ADA or state requirements

I'll assume you are talking to me...

1. There IS a sign there. It is in front of my truck. Big and clear and front-facing.

2. "The business" doesn't have anything at all to do with a butthead pulling into a parking space at an angle. Over my side of the line by a foot. And almost blocking my door... AFTER I had actually parked with some consideration and gave them extra room, on purpose.

3. If you want to comment about the sign painted on the pavement, I'll grant you that. But just because it isn't all that clear in the picture, doesn't mean it isn't clear, if you are right there. It is. In fact, that painted sign on the pavement was re-painted just last summer.

Slow night for you? :bigsmile:

You could also complain about how sucky my stupid smart phone is at taking pictures, if you want! :bigsmile:

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well you should discuss it with goodwill tomorrow.

Phone: (360) 794-6834

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Ops wrote:
well you should discuss it with goodwill tomorrow.

Phone: (360) 794-6834

Do you really think Goodwill will be willing and able to trace and call the red truck to ask why they cant park their truck between the lines? :ROFLMAO:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Ops wrote:

I'll assume you are talking to me...

1. There IS a sign there. It is in front of my truck. Big and clear and front-facing.

2. "The business" doesn't have anything at all to do with a butthead pulling into a parking space at an angle. Over my side of the line by a foot. And almost blocking my door... AFTER I had actually parked with some consideration and gave them extra room, on purpose.

3. If you want to comment about the sign painted on the pavement, I'll grant you that. But just because it isn't all that clear in the picture, doesn't mean it isn't clear, if you are right there. It is. In fact, that painted sign on the pavement was re-painted just last summer.

Slow night for you? :bigsmile:

You could also complain about how sucky my stupid smart phone is at taking pictures, if you want! :bigsmile:

You could keep explaining it to him all night Jeff, it wouldn't help. :facepalm2:

We all know what that faded square in the spot you are parked in means, regardless of the big metal Handicapped sign that also faces the front of your Truck. (That he can't see)

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Last edited by usrifle on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
You could keep explaining it to him all night Jeff, it wouldn't help. :facepalm2:

Aw, go easy on him. I think he is either PUI, or PWP, and I think pretty much everyone here has done that a time or four. :wink05: :ROFLMAO:

He'll be back here, laughing at his own posts, tomorrow.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:

It's actually $450 now...

Yes it sounds crazy, but there has been so much abuse of the system, in 2014, the state added a $200 'fee' on top of the $250 fine.

By the way, those with a valid placard can get the same ticket for cheating into the cross-hatched areas. At that moment, you, too, have parked illegally in a handicapped zone.

Those cross-hatched areas are for a handicapped van that needs the required 8' to let a wheelchair out. Just because when YOU parked there, a van wasn't present, doesn't mean one won't come along after another vehicle has left.

It's also illegal if the handicapped person stays in the car,while their able-bodied son, daughter, grand kid, whomever, runs into the establishment. The placard for handicapped parking is only for the person to whom it is for to exit the vehicle.

These are all things that one agrees to when they sign the application for a permit.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
By the way, those with a valid placard can get the same ticket for cheating into the cross-hatched areas. At that moment, you, too, have parked illegally in a handicapped zone.

Good point.

You can't see it, but my front wheel was well clear of the line. (Yes, I was at a bit of an angle, as well. LOL But not much.)

But my back wheel was barely onto the line. I was close to "cheating into the cross-hatched area."

I'll have to be a bit less generous the next time. :bigsmile:

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry, Jeff, that wasn't a shot at you, it was just part of what came to mind in general on the topic...

I saw your pic when this was originally posted, but only got around to responding now, and didnt look again.

Some people just don't get that, if you can only manage a few thousand steps a day, that extra distance at the store may mean you can't walk the dog, or take your trash bins out that night. For people with no family and who need groceries, prescriptions, o both, it can be a big deal.

I know people who've gone home because there was no handicapped parking, and they wouldn't have made it into the house if they had walked the extra 100 feet.

There are others who don't necessarily need to park close, but they need the driver's door to be able to open all the way because they have a prosthetic leg that doesn't bend, or need to get a wheel chair or oxygen tank out of that side of th car.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next