Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 1st responder story (this just happened) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got this through my feed only minutes ago. I have been subbed to him for a while right now. He is still shook up as you can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpy85ir4wcY

This is what REALLY happens. It is not like the movies. So many variables and decisions to be made.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Definitely crazy.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://6abc.com/news/del-trooper-dies-a ... d/1919661/

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mixed feelings.

First, he should be applauded for carrying responsively and reacting to try to do something to help.

However, I really question the judgement of a permit holder running blindly into an active shooting situation waving a gun.

Imagine if you're a cop or a carrier and you pull into the lot immediately after the shooting and when the permit holder runs around with his pistol. You could easily think HE is the bad guy and drop him.

Tragic for the cop. I hate to see these shootings.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:32 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Yep. Tough call to run into a fire fight and tough call to not shoot the guy you know pulled the trigger but you error on inocent vs guilty and being judge/jury.

Everyone has a plan until you are punched in the mouth. This guy made decisions that resulted in him going home and not jail or dead. I can't criticize him.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Mixed feelings.

First, he should be applauded for carrying responsively and reacting to try to do something to help.

However, I really question the judgement of a permit holder running blindly into an active shooting situation waving a gun.

Imagine if you're a cop or a carrier and you pull into the lot immediately after the shooting and when the permit holder runs around with his pistol. You could easily think HE is the bad guy and drop him.

Tragic for the cop. I hate to see these shootings.

Yeah, I definitely would not have run out with my firearm in my hands. I didn't want to mention that part of the video tho.

Nor would I have given my firearm to someone else there. Sounds like there was enough people to assist the Trooper without him helping directly.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
Yep. Tough call to run into a fire fight and tough call to not shoot the guy you know pulled the trigger but you error on inocent vs guilty and being judge/jury.

Everyone has a plan until you are punched in the mouth. This guy made decisions that resulted in him going home and not jail or dead. I can't criticize him.

+1

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:

Image :plusone:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck dude.

I can guarantee the shooter won't make it into custody while still breathing...Sad we can't torture people who deserve it....

Why did he start chest compressions if the officer was breathing. Chest compressions are contraindicated when respiration and cardiac activity are present...unless some protocol changed....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Fuck dude.

I can guarantee the shooter won't make it into custody while still breathing...Sad we can't torture people who deserve it....

Why did he start chest compressions if the officer was breathing. Chest compressions are contraindicated when respiration and cardiac activity are present...unless some protocol changed....

Hey, at least he tried something. Unlike most of the sheep that do nothing. Something tried, is usually better than nothing done.
CPR has changed to compressions only BTW. No more mouth-mouth.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The anguish and helplessness never seems to leave you.
I was working at the gun counter in the Silverdale Sportsman's Warehouse when a big black man wearing a USMC ball cap stopped, looked at me and loudly said "Doc, you sonofabitch" he reached over the counter, grabbed my shoulders and pulled me over the counter. I did not recognize him right away, but some 40 odd years ago, in a Viet Namese rice paddy I had patched him up and got him on a chopper. The emotions were strong, and I went into the back room and cried. I doubt I will ever forget again.

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I usually don't sit through too many 15 minute you tube videos with a guy talking at me. This one I listened to every word. I'm am not sure I would have pulled my gun out and walked out the door. In fact right now, I say that I wouldn't have. But he did, and glad he is OK.

Yes I'm sure talking helps, because bottling something like that up cannot be good. The odds of being at such a scene are really tiny, but that shit happens. He should NOT feel guilty about not shooting the perp without enough knowledge any more than a cop should in the same situation. Glad they got the bad guy. Damn nasty.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just went through 8 weeks of CERTS last November. Glad I did. Best free class I ever took.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cityslicker wrote:
I just went through 8 weeks of CERTS last November. Glad I did. Best free class I ever took.

8 weeks? The CERT class I took was three days.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took mine with the Kent Fire Dept. I got to test at the Police training center. It was the awesomesauce.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next