Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Grrrr... slow down! (Accident video) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Powderman wrote:
Oh, my. The driver of the van is in for a treat.

If I were the responding officer, they would get the full meal deal. Where to start?

First, the appitizers:

46.61.050 - Obedience to traffic control signal;
46.61.110 - Overtaking on the left;
46.61.400 - Basic rule (speeding)
46.04.672 - Vehicle or pedestrian right of way.

Now, the vegetables....

46.61.500 - Reckless Driving - Mandatory Court Appearance - Gross Misdemeanor

And, to complete our festivities, the main course:

46.61.522 - Vehicular Assault - B Felony.

Especially after seeing that video.

:blackcloud1:

I think that is a bull shit way to go. Stacking charges just to make certain somebody gets the shaft is wrong. Pick the best charge you can substantiate, document and present to the prosecutor. List other violations without charging them and let the prosecutor decide.

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My children had something hammered into them so hard long before they began driving with a learner's permit.

I don't know who teaches that "Green light means GO" but my kids can recite their father's fiery preaching to this day. Hah, one of them did it at our family reunion in January.

"Green light means Verify all conditions are safe to proceed, then carefully proceed through the intersection."
It doesn't matter how safe a driver YOU are. You're only a good driver if you are watching for and anticipating danger from others.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
My children had something hammered into them so hard long before they began driving with a learner's permit.

I don't know who teaches that "Green light means GO" but my kids can recite their father's fiery preaching to this day. Hah, one of them did it at our family reunion in January.

"Green light means Verify all conditions are safe to proceed, then carefully proceed through the intersection."
It doesn't matter how safe a driver YOU are. You're only a good driver if you are watching for and anticipating danger from others.

I never taught the green light verify thing to my kids.

But I DID try to beat the lesson into their skulls that they should drive as if all other vehicles out there are being driven by people who are intentionally TRYING to have a wreck, with you involved.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:44 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Old Jim wrote:
Powderman wrote:

If I were the responding officer, they would get the full meal deal. Where to start?

First, the appitizers:

Now, the vegetables....

I think that is a bull shit way to go. Stacking charges just to make certain somebody gets the shaft is wrong. Pick the best charge you can substantiate, document and present to the prosecutor. List other violations without charging them and let the prosecutor decide.

So if someone raped and murdered your daughter you'd prefer they were only charged with murder since that's the "best charge?" The rape part would just be "stacking charges?"

I don't see it that way. This person showed serious reckless disregard for the law, and more importantly, the safety of others. They need a serious peepee slap.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Old Jim wrote:
Powderman wrote:

First, the appitizers:

Now, the vegetables....

So if someone raped and murdered your daughter you'd prefer they were only charged with murder since that's the "best charge?" The rape part would just be "stacking charges?"

I don't see it that way. This person showed serious reckless disregard for the law, and more importantly, the safety of others. They need a serious peepee slap.

i'd shoot em on the spot or knife em to bleed out in the major arteries

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

There are often accidents at that spot on 208th, although this person is exceptionally stupid. Did you get the plate? It looks like at least a partial.

About, facebook, twitter, wiki

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:19 pm

That van was in a right turn lane. That had a green right turn arrow. Are you going to sit there and wait for every car that comes to start making that turn before you go? And look again she was already partially out before the speeding van even arrived at the intersection. Are you saying she should have stopped just in case that van didn't make the right turn at the green turn arrow? It's a reasonable assumption that the person in the right turn lane, with the green arrow, is actually going to turn right. The only time that lane would have a red light would be when the street she was on had a green light. Are you going to wait for that every time? Because that is the only time that oncoming traffic will actually be stopping.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:46 am

Unicorn wrote:
That van was in a right turn lane. That had a green right turn arrow. Are you going to sit there and wait for every car that comes to start making that turn before you go? And look again she was already partially out before the speeding van even arrived at the intersection. Are you saying she should have stopped just in case that van didn't make the right turn at the green turn arrow? It's a reasonable assumption that the person in the right turn lane, with the green arrow, is actually going to turn right. The only time that lane would have a red light would be when the street she was on had a green light. Are you going to wait for that every time? Because that is the only time that oncoming traffic will actually be stopping.

i thought that's what i said.

US Constitution: VOID where prohibited by law.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I drive my car like I ride a motorcycle.
That's the safest way I know.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Jim wrote:
Powderman wrote:

First, the appitizers:

Now, the vegetables....

Not if those charges individually apply.

Ie charging both reckless and negligent to see what sticks I'd say is BS...but if they broke 4 laws, charge as such.

It's not uncommon to get a reckless driving charge in MD if you run a red light intentionally.. like I said before, in MD he'd be in handcuffs....and be looking at a good $1500 in fines plus criminal charges..and his insurance would pay for the lady but not him since he was breaking the law when the accident occurred.

Still pisses me off when i think about it...Guy looked a little scared but not enough...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

AR15L wrote:
I drive my car like I ride a motorcycle.
That's the safest way I know.

On two wheels and with a helmet on? :bigsmile:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Old Jim wrote:

Read for content. The responding office or investigator does not "charge" the violator, but issues a citation. The prosecutor is the one who decides and files the charge that is most appropriate.
And, TW you must start to realize that we are not in MD, so your knowledge does not apply here, although maybe it should.

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
And, TW you must start to realize that we are not in MD, so your knowledge does not apply here, although maybe it should.

Just using it as a point of reference. I'm well aware this isn't MD..and thank god for that....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Old Jim wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
Old Jim wrote:

Read for content. The responding office or investigator does not "charge" the violator, but issues a citation. The prosecutor is the one who decides and files the charge that is most appropriate.

You're talking about criminal law, not traffic law. Non-criminal traffic citations don't cross a prosecutor's desk. It's my understanding that if he isn't cited at the scene, he won't ever be. IMO you throw the book at a guy like this. If he doesn't like it, he can lawyer up and fight the citations in traffic court.

I made a criminal case comparison because you phrased it as if it were a criminal case (prosecutor/picking "charges"). If I'm "reading for content" then I'd say your suggestion of "picking charges" is illogical and ill fit to this situation.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In court waiting to testify against this guy.... Prosecutor has video... This should be interesting.

Edit: Effin prosecutor didn't advise me that the date was changed. Case was still on docket.. I show up because I was subpoenaed...... And wait for an bour... For nothing..

Waste of gas and time... Thanks..

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next