Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Trump to Speak at NRA Convention, First President Since 1983 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
I want to hear him announce his support and/or implementation of:

-a special DOJ prosecutor to go after cities and states and counties that hurt 2A.
-plans to sign the hearing aid act, a bill to gut the rest of NFA and national carry reciprocity and to push the blue dog dems in states he won to overcome the legislative 60 vote cloture threshold in the Senate.
-an elimination of most ATF rules and regulations
-EOs reversing ALL of Obama's gun EOs. (Garand importation, Russian import ban, silly CDC research proposals, etc.)

+1000

And specifically, streamlining and eliminating useless regulations on ammo, NFA nonsense like size and shape of guns and arbitrary pistol/rifle distinctions, 922, silencers, SBR/SBS, and import nonsense against common guns like AKs and the like. Get rid off all that garbage legislation.

Gun rights and industry BOOM.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Critical questioning is exactly what I'm trying to do. Meanwhile, you guys have guzzled the Kool-Aid by the gallon.

Pop quiz hotshots: Trump could reverse 41F with the simple sign of a pen...but he hasn't. Why not?

There's nothing "critical questioning" about your post. It's a cheap shot at Reagan and Trump in one statement.

News flash. This isn't 1983. Trump isn't Reagan. Reagan, btw, was shot and suffered an attempted assassination in 1981, and his secretary Brady was seriously shot and injured. This struck Reagan deeply and Brady started the now infamous Brady campaign. It's no surprise Reagan was vulnerable to sign any anti-gun legislation.

It was a different era. An era in which there was little pro-2A support industry to push back. Guns were viewed as evil or unnecessary, and most of the public was pretty uniformed I'd say.

Since then, and especially with AWB debacle, the pro 2A community and organizations have grown vastly and pushed back hard on anti-gun stuff; especially after the failed AWB.

So your Trump/Reagan potshot isn't "critical thinking" but more like a lack of historical perspective and understanding.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
Critical questioning is exactly what I'm trying to do. Meanwhile, you guys have guzzled the Kool-Aid by the gallon.

Pop quiz hotshots: Trump could reverse 41F with the simple sign of a pen...but he hasn't. Why not?

Kool aid tastes better than haterade.

Your unwillingness to answer my question (attempting to pivot) - AND - Trump's inaction on this issue speaks volumes.

To be clear - this (41F still in place) should tell every 2A voter everything they need to know about Trump.

Inaction? Again, wrong. He's going to the NRA convention as the first POTUS in 3 decades. I think his promises will be fairly pro-gun and predictable.

He's also been POTUS for what, 100 days? What "action" are you expecting in 100 days? If you haven't noticed it's been a busy 100 days, filled with fights to deliver on big promises. He's won some battles and lost a few, but he's trying to deliver.

* SCOTUS nominee was fantastic and seated - for me this was one of the most critical pieces and it's a massive win. It denied the liberals the 9th seat.
* MOAB on ISIS/AQ
* Kicked Syria in the nuts, sending a big message to the world
* Parked some ships off N. Korea to send a message
* Started the wall bidding project
* Immigration already being sorted, immigration down, lots of deportations and self deportations
* Tried the ban EOs, but liberals shut him down. The fight is on.
* Economy doing well, high consumer and business confidence, and things are looking up as manufacturing and coal returning
* Several really good political picks for cabinet positions like Mattis, Carson, and others.
* Been dealing with a lot of issues; some hold over issues and landmines from Obama, leaks, Russia collusion nonsense, some self inflicted wounds from stupid comments or misfires in his cabinet (Flynn, KAK, etc.), etc. But a lot of headaches regardless.

That list is far from exhaustive but represents a lot of HUGE events that take a LOT of time and energy.

That's a busy 100 days my friend. :thumbsup2:

Last edited by leadcounsel on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
The POTUS speaking at the NRA Convention... I'm ecstatic.
He beat the Crime Family so much like whipped cream that they're still frothing. :thumbsup2:
He helped the USA avoid an anti-freedom SCOTUS appt (or more) so it seems.

We tossed dice in November 2016. The jury will be out for awhile as far as I am concerned, and in the meantime, thinking about what we dodged by crushing the ego-maniacal ambitions of the leader of the Crime Family is enough to keep me happy and hopeful for the future.

Give the man time. From what I understand, POTUS doesn't sit around waiting for interesting things to come up to break his boredom. Full plate man, full plate.

Exactly. Some folks need to dial back the hatred and let the man prioritize.

Take deep breaths. Since 20 January:

* Nothing has gotten worse for the 2A.
* Things HAVE gotten far better for the 2A even if that impact isn't immediately felt. That critical 9th SCOTUS seat was filled by a Constitionalist. There are AWB cases waiting to be heard from NY and CT. If Trump does nothing else, that's a win by denying the liberals from that seat, and seating a friend to the 2A. There will likely be 1 or 2 more.... keep that in mind. Two ancient liberals and one ancient conservative on the bench. We could get a windfall of 4 Trump Constitutional appointments....
* Anything else Trump does, and I expect there will be other actions in the next 3.75 years or more, , is icing on the cake. Yes, calling Madpick. CAKE.

Finally, it's been brought up that Trump made an uneducated AWB statement 17 years ago. Let it go man. Let it go... folks change. Clearly Trump has become educated and knows more, which we should endorse, not hold against someone. And the NRA buttered his bread; I could all but guarantee he's gonna throw us some love.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So happy for this day. Promoting all wonderful pro-gun stuff. Almost a fairy tale... promoting self defense, rule of law, the Constitution, hunters, eliminating bans on lead ammo, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMW7JA0B-BU

Trump says
"The eight-year assault on your Second Amendment freedoms has come to a crashing end," Trump told the members of the National Rifle Association, assuring them that they now "have a true friend and champion in the White House."

"I will never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms," Trump said. "Never ever."

Last edited by leadcounsel on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Trump says
"The eight-year assault on your Second Amendment freedoms has come to a crashing end," Trump told the members of the National Rifle Association, assuring them that they now "have a true friend and champion in the White House."

"I will never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms," Trump said. "Never ever."

That's cool.

How about he now start undoing some of the infringements that are already there?.......

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Trump says

That's cool.

How about he now start undoing some of the infringements that are already there?.......

Well, he's appointed Gorsuch, eliminated some EPA bans, eliminated the ban on lead ammo on federal lands, appointed Jeff Sessions to AG, ramping up rule of law against gangs and illegal immigrants, appointed a pro-freedom Homeland Security director Gen Kelly, taking the fight to ISIS, and it's only been 3 months...

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Selador wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Trump says

That's cool.

Well, he's appointed Gorsuch, eliminated some EPA bans, eliminated the ban on lead ammo on federal lands, appointed Jeff Sessions to AG, ramping up rule of law against gangs and illegal immigrants, appointed a pro-freedom Homeland Security director Gen Kelly, taking the fight to ISIS, and it's only been 3 months...

Good start! No doubt about it. :bigsmile:

Now get rid of the ban on silencers. (ok, technically, regs. But it amounts to a ban, for those who don't have the resources to follow the regs for every gun they have, but could make their own for less than 10 bucks...)

Make CPL equal BGC, for EVERY situation, no FFL needed.

Implement nationwide reciprocity. CPL is recognized by all states, just like DL.

Constitutional carry. Open carry everywhere.

That would be a good start, as well.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A fair speech, and overall positive message. And while he's already done some great things in just 100 days (Gorsuch, eliminated some EPA bans, eliminated the ban on lead ammo on federal lands, appointed Jeff Sessions to AG, ramping up rule of law against gangs and illegal immigrants, appointed a pro-freedom Homeland Security director Gen Kelly, taking the fight to ISIS, etc.) his speech was notably light on specifics going forward.

I would have liked to have heard talk about:
* Eliminating 922
* Making silencers legal and unregulated or similar
* Nationwide concealed carry
* Attacking state AWB laws
* Eliminating the arbitrary lines of pistol vs. longgun.

For such a historic speech it was a lot of fluff and light on specifics.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wanted to hear about the Russian import ban, and the ban on repatriating Garands from SK.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ya, would be nice to hear him give some specifics on going forward and talk about turning back some unjust laws.
But at least he showed up and assured the NRA and gun owners that he had their back and is still 'our guy'.
Doubt any of the other candidates would have shown up at all.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Ya, would be nice to hear him give some specifics on going forward and talk about turning back some unjust laws.
But at least he showed up and assured the NRA and gun owners that he had their back and is still 'our guy'.
Doubt any of the other candidates would have shown up at all.

Fair bet, considering Bush, Clinton, and Obama didn't, and Hillary was an NRA enemy.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:35 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

(Neither Bush. GHW publicly tore up his NRA card.)
I was talking about the dozen or so other 2016 Republican primary candidates.
The NRA knew soon on who to go with.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:38 pm

If we can keep Jarvanka away from him I think we'll be good.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Benja455 wrote:
And Ronald Reagan signed away access to new machine guns for civilians...and advocated for an AWB.

What does that suggest for Trump?

A guy at my work way before I started killed himself, so I guess I'm going to kill myself too? That's an asinine comment.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3