Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Trump to Speak at NRA Convention, First President Since 1983 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Let's hope he remembers who his friends are, and helped get him elected.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... since-1983

President Donald Trump will speak at the National Rifle Association’s annual convention on April 28, becoming the first U.S. president to address the gun-rights group since Ronald Reagan in 1983.

“The NRA is honored to have the president address our annual meeting at the leadership forum,” said Jennifer Baker, a spokeswoman for the NRA. “We’re excited to once again have a president who respects the Second Amendment.”

The NRA endorsed Trump’s bid for president last May, after the then-candidate addressed the group’s annual forum in Louisville, Kentucky. Trump pledged at the time to “save our Second Amendment” and appoint judges which would support expansive gun rights.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to hear him announce his support and/or implementation of:

-a special DOJ prosecutor to go after cities and states and counties that hurt 2A.
-plans to sign the hearing aid act, a bill to gut the rest of NFA and national carry reciprocity and to push the blue dog dems in states he won to overcome the legislative 60 vote cloture threshold in the Senate.
-an elimination of most ATF rules and regulations
-EOs reversing ALL of Obama's gun EOs. (Garand importation, Russian import ban, silly CDC research proposals, etc.)

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also support the hearing aid act or 2017 https://www.warren.senate.gov/files/doc ... l_Text.pdf

I also hope he talks about the hearing PROTECTION act ;)

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And Ronald Reagan signed away access to new machine guns for civilians...and advocated for an AWB.

What does that suggest for Trump?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Benja455 wrote:
And Ronald Reagan signed away access to new machine guns for civilians...and advocated for an AWB.

Mr. Doom & Gloom . . . thanks.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Why would Trump turn on gun owners when it would mean his last term? He's not stupid.
The libtards would never vote for him even if he banned guns altogether.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:

Most likely nothing, inasmuch as he is not Reagan.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:25 pm

The Hughes Amendment was an 11th hour addition. Reagan probably didn't understand what the language meant and signed the bill anyways.

Trump is smarter than that, and I hope that he will speak to waht Alpine mentioned in his post.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:

Trump and Reagan are connected in all ways?

Suggests more about your leanings than anything. You know for the party CURRENTLY attacking gun rights from every angle.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

Mr. Doom & Gloom . . . thanks.

I think it's a fair question considering that the foundations for many of the problems we as gun owners in this country face (vilification of "assault weapons", executive order import bans) and the odious Hughes Amendment came under the sponsorship or outright support of past GOP presidents. Reagan and Daddy Bush both pushed back our freedoms in that regard, W stands as something of an outlier there, although he could have rolled back Russian and Chinese import bans that had been signed by his predecessors if he had wanted. So what will Trump do? That is a very good question and a critical one that should be asked.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't see it as a question. I see it as, "we're still so fucked."

Personally, I like feeling upbeat about gun rights for a change and I'd like to keep it that way.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Critical questioning is exactly what I'm trying to do. Meanwhile, you guys have guzzled the Kool-Aid by the gallon.

Pop quiz hotshots: Trump could reverse 41F with the simple sign of a pen...but he hasn't. Why not?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:

Easy.

That suggests that Trump should be better than Reagan.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Critical questioning is exactly what I'm trying to do. Meanwhile, you guys have guzzled the Kool-Aid by the gallon.

Pop quiz hotshots: Trump could reverse 41F with the simple sign of a pen...but he hasn't. Why not?

Kool aid tastes better than haterade.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

Kool aid tastes better than haterade.

Your unwillingness to answer my question (attempting to pivot) - AND - Trump's inaction on this issue speaks volumes.

To be clear - this (41F still in place) should tell every 2A voter everything they need to know about Trump.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next