Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Runner beats up wimp, throws bicycle off mountain. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is what I gathered: Don't be a pussy.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:16 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Arisaka wrote:

Nailed it

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Makes for some shiny bear poop, too!

Do you remember the "legend" that was supposedly included in Boy Scout Manual?

Wear bells when hiking in Bear Country and carry pepper spray.

That way the Bear poop will jingle and smell like pepper.

---- or something like that.

In this case I don't know what transpired but near my house there is a large, long, bike trail. My wife and I used to go up to it and walk. We followed the directions at the "trailhead" and walked where we were supposed to, right at the edge of the trail on the correct side. Bike riders would come flying up behind us then whiz by often missing us by a foot or so. As they went by they'd shout and wave their middle fingers at us. Apparently they felt we were on THEIR trail and when riding two abreast we were an impediment. I considered taking a shovel handle and cutting it off to make a nice "Hiking Stick". Use your imagination from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree cyclists can be (and often are) douches, but saying the guy on the bike shouldn't have been such a pussy is like saying that if I roll my eyes at the person in front of me in line at Starbucks, I deserve to have my jaw broken and the window in my car smashed.

Is there a strong possibility the cyclist was a dick earlier? You bet. But physically attacking him and then destroying his property? Unless the biker caused some sort of injury to the jogger that we don't know about, I'm not seeing that the jogger's response was justified. Shout at him. Call him an asshole. Give him the finger. Leave a nasty note on his car when you get back to the trailhead. Hell, spit on his windshield. Those are the right responses.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Selador wrote:
Makes for some shiny bear poop, too!

Do you remember the "legend" that was supposedly included in Boy Scout Manual?

Wear bells when hiking in Bear Country and carry pepper spray.

That way the Bear poop will jingle and smell like pepper.

---- or something like that.

In this case I don't know what transpired but near my house there is a large, long, bike trail. My wife and I used to go up to it and walk. We followed the directions at the "trailhead" and walked where we were supposed to, right at the edge of the trail on the correct side. Bike riders would come flying up behind us then whiz by often missing us by a foot or so. As they went by they'd shout and wave their middle fingers at us. Apparently they felt we were on THEIR trail and when riding two abreast we were an impediment. I considered taking a shovel handle and cutting it off to make a nice "Hiking Stick". Use your imagination from there.

I remember exactly that sort of behavior, on the trails around seattle, and the u district.

I saw that behavior, even when riding a bike. Not toward myself, (being on a bike), but by other bikers toward pedestrians.

After a while I was seeing a lot of resentment of that, by pedestrians.

It's not far from there to the summation I made about this news story.

Arisaka wrote:

And what I gathered... About exactly the same person, (bike rider), don't be a #8.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Dont get me started.

Where do these bicyclists get off. Not only do they think they rule the city/rural roads now they're king of the frikken trails.

As far as I read it the pedestrian has the RIGHT OF WAY....all motorized and pedaled vehicles yield to the runner/pedestrian.

I could give two fucking shits what some douchebag payed for his fucking bike ..he hits me with it ? Both are going into the fucking ditch.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
I agree cyclists can be (and often are) douches, but saying the guy on the bike shouldn't have been such a pussy is like saying that if I roll my eyes at the person in front of me in line at Starbucks, I deserve to have my jaw broken and the window in my car smashed.

Is there a strong possibility the cyclist was a dick earlier? You bet. But physically attacking him and then destroying his property? Unless the biker caused some sort of injury to the jogger that we don't know about, I'm not seeing that the jogger's response was justified. Shout at him. Call him an asshole. Give him the finger. Leave a nasty note on his car when you get back to the trailhead. Hell, spit on his windshield. Those are the right responses.

Absolutely agreed. Every bit of it.

Sometimes, when there are weeks, months, even years of #8-ish behavior, people snap, and these things happen. Like I said, moral of the story, don't be a #8... Walking or riding! (Or posting on a gun forum. LOL)

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not being a #8 is always a good start! :ROFLMAO:

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:

You misunderstand me. What I tried to convey is that you shouldn't go through life being a pussy. It's not about whether or not you deserve to have your jaw broken, or if you deserve to be yanked off your bike, it's about being prepared for trouble. Bad things sometimes happen, and if you are a pussy, you end up being a victim. Like the pussy in question here.

So before you roll your eyes at the person in line at Starbucks, you would be well advised to putin 3-4 years of hard work learning how to fight.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So basically because this guy got beat up, he's a pussy?

We have no idea the circumstances of this fight, only that he apparently wound up on the ground fairly quick and in a defensive position. I'm guessing then that everyone using that to call him a pussy has won every fight they've been in, never faced anything that put them at a severe disadvantage, and is capable of extracting themselves from all forms of fights?

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Even non-pussies become victims now and then. Chris Kyle is a good example of that. Not a pussy. Probably as prepared for the unexpected as much as anyone could be expected to be. Physically capable of handling (and defending) themselves. Still taken by surprise by someone whose behavior didn't match the situation. Still dead.

What reasonable person would assume a punch was forthcoming just because they shook their head at someone? Or rolled their eyes? That just isn't making sense to me.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
Even non-pussies become victims now and then. Chris Kyle is a good example of that. Not a pussy. Probably as prepared for the unexpected as much as anyone could be expected to be. Physically capable of handling (and defending) themselves. Still taken by surprise by someone whose behavior didn't match the situation. Still dead.

What reasonable person would assume a punch was forthcoming just because they shook their head at someone? Or rolled their eyes? That just isn't making sense to me.

Clearly, my point was that it is a good idea to be prepared for physical altercations. Does it mean you will never lose? Of course not. But it damn sure improves your chances, wouldn't you agree?

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:

None.

But then apparently reason, common sense, common courtesy, and self-control are no longer "cool"...

Do justice. Love mercy.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Clearly, my point was that it is a good idea to be prepared for physical altercations. Does it mean you will never lose? Of course not. But it damn sure improves your chances, wouldn't you agree?

Of course. But do we know the biker was NOT prepared? Or did he just lose? Even non-pussies can be caught off guard when facing a crazy person.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:56 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sounds like the "mountain biker" just curled up into a ball and took whatever the "runner" 'gave him'.
Maybe this happened on Brokeback Mountain. :ROFLMAO:

"And before I know it he’s grabbing my throat. He basically shoved me over onto the boulder and I just went into total protection mode and tried to cover my head,” Andrew said. “After the two punches he stomped on my back kind of right around here,” Andrew said."

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next