Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Runner beats up wimp, throws bicycle off mountain. 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is an instinctive reaction for a reason. Instinct. And shit. Victim blaming is absurd. Not all fights and attacks can be won and not all fights and attacks can be fought out of. And given the short duration of the attack, it is possible that there wasn't time to form a greater defensive strategy beyond immediate self preservation as it appears it broke off fairly quick. What then, you go from being choked and thrown, to being stomped on in seconds... Jesus fuck. If the guy hadn't been on a bicycle or had been wearing a Trump hat or something ya'all would be taking his side. Somebody attacked him and stomped him. Doesn't make him a "snowflake" or a "pussy" it makes him somebody who fell victim to a surprise attack that was fast and vicious and ended fairly quickly.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:06 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'm surprised by the victim blaming a bit and trying to understand it.
Is it because we are conditioned to respect a winner or something like that?

The bicyclist did come off as a bit effeminate - not sure why it seemed that way, but it was an impression. It would be annoying to have someone riding behind you tinkling away on a little bell, no doubt.

But to cheer a guy who delivers a beating for that? Something is off. One guy MAY have been annoying, and the other one is basically a violent criminal.

I make jokes occasionally about giving someone a kick in the balls... It is tough-talk humor. I'll defend myself, my family, or an innocent with my life, but I sure won't deliver a kick or a punch because someone is annoying.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I'm surprised by the victim blaming a bit and trying to understand it.
Is it because we are conditioned to respect a winner or something like that?

The bicyclist did come off as a bit effeminate - not sure why it seemed that way, but it was an impression. It would be annoying to have someone riding behind you tinkling away on a little bell, no doubt.

But to cheer a guy who delivers a beating for that? Something is off. One guy MAY have been annoying, and the other one is basically a violent criminal.

I make jokes occasionally about giving someone a kick in the balls... It is tough-talk humor. I'll defend myself, my family, or an innocent with my life, but I sure won't deliver a kick or a punch because someone is annoying.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

kf7mjf wrote:
So basically because this guy got beat up, he's a pussy?

Yes.

Immediately became the victim, covered in place..........

PMB wrote:
I'll defend myself, my family, or an innocent with my life, but I sure won't deliver a kick or a punch because someone is annoying.

:yes:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So covering in place is a sign of weakness now? Jesus fuck.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:17 am

Arisaka wrote:
Here is what I gathered: Don't be a pussy.

Yep, you nailed it. There is a lack of "Men" in this country it seems. Doesn't matter if you can or can't fight, just make them work for it. Being an Alpha is a thing of the past.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:14 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Baghdadboomstick wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Yep, you nailed it. There is a lack of "Men" in this country it seems. Doesn't matter if you can or can't fight, just make them work for it. Being an Alpha is a thing of the past.

Would it be a reasonable guess that the jogger was bigger stronger and more prepared for a fight?
We can't say for 100% certainty that he was bigger and stronger, but we do know he was more prepared. He was on foot and took the jogger/bicyclist version of a sucker punch.
Who here thinks that taking a sucker punch on a skinnier weaker and unprepared person is manly? :ROFLMAO:

You guys... The lengths that you will go to groom your chest hairs is impressive!

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Baghdadboomstick wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Would it be a reasonable guess that the jogger was bigger stronger and more prepared for a fight?
We can't say for 100% certainty that he was bigger and stronger, but we do know he was more prepared. He was on foot and took the jogger/bicyclist version of a sucker punch.
Who here thinks that taking a sucker punch on a skinnier weaker and unprepared person is manly? :ROFLMAO:

You guys... The lengths that you will go to groom your chest hairs is impressive!

Nice observation.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
I'll add snowflake to the long list of words that have lost all meaning.

This list includes:
- literally
- safe space
- tactical

"I will literally go tactical on that snowflake's safe space!" :AR15firing:

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I like the comments:

It’s priceless…the two most obstructive groups on the road fight over space. They should just get into a traffic blocking contest to settle it.

“And just went into protective mode.” What a p….
Yeah, I got that too. The new normal american male. When attacked, cry and assume the fetal position and cry some more. Can you imagine this new normal in a war. First he gives up then sues the other side. The new normal isn’t worth cold spit.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:

This list includes:
- literally
- safe space
- tactical

Wow.

You just literally created a tactical safe space before our very eyes!

You are NO snowflake!

Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigzdawg wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

This list includes:
- literally
- safe space
- tactical

Wow.

You just literally created a tactical safe space before our very eyes!

You are NO snowflake!

A safe space would literally not contain anything tactical. It's for snowflakes.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

ccontrol wrote:
"I will literally go tactical on that snowflake's safe space!" :AR15firing:

One sentence - 10 words. Winning so far.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:16 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Original article posted on 'Drunkcyclist.com" before it went viral on news outlets.

http://drunkcyclist.com/2017/03/28/tale ... ng-stompd/

Profile:

About 40 Hands
A fan of riding bikes with one gear, malt liquor, riding without knowing how many miles I’ve covered, and strip clubs that let you bring your own keg. I typically have a stupid grin on my face, it is because deep down I know that no matter what, my mom thinks I’m cool. Denver, Colorado, USA

Comments:
Mike Grady on March 28, 2017 at 9:13 am said:
My name is Mike Grady. I’m a photojournalist at 9NEWS, mountain biker, and DC reader. It sucks that this whole ordeal happened, but I think it’s great you shared your story for the exact reasons you mentioned. Would you be willing to share your story with us on camera? Hopefully putting it on air and another online outlet will help find the guy and make people aware of common trail etiquette. Feel free to email me: michael.grady@9news.com or call my work cell 720-233-6392. Again, I’m sorry this happened, but thank you for sharing your story. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3