Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Puget Sound housing market predictions? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the growth Seattle is seeing, the cost of living in Ca driving people out, the tech industry clumpimg in tech hubs, and the city-state becoming more prominent, I don't see how their could be a readjustment any time soon. If something happened to one of the big employers, the businesses decide to cut costs and move to other states, or the population decides to re-suburbanize because cities are too crowded, then I could see a crash coming to the area.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DSynger wrote:
With the growth Seattle is seeing, the cost of living in Ca driving people out, the tech industry clumpimg in tech hubs, and the city-state becoming more prominent, I don't see how their could be a readjustment any time soon. If something happened to one of the big employers, the businesses decide to cut costs and move to other states, or the population decides to re-suburbanize because cities are too crowded, then I could see a crash coming to the area.

The jobs move is already underway and will likely expand. They're using Trump as their public excuse.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.geekwire ... anada/amp/

The real reason will likely be new taxes and regulations from Olympia or via initiative.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What I do know is that I got raped on my property taxes this year. They went up almost $800, and now I'm paying just under $4500 a year.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am moving soon, and everyone in the industry has advised me to sell vs. rent. Everyone agrees we're at a mini-top right now.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup. See the areas on the map were people are leaving? Chicago, LA, Detroit. All crime havens.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 am

Our property has seen a ~120 percent increase in the last 15 years. We're giving it one more year and we're the **** out of this shit state.
Going full time in our motor home and using our Idaho property as a home base in the summer.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:12 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'm thinking of moving to N Charleston, SC after my oldest graduates HS this year.
Houses are cheap, and the jobs pay well (Boeing is always hiring).
My sister and her husband just had a new 2 story house built to their specs in a nice development for about $240K.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know the housing market is high when you can buy land and build a home much cheaper than you can buy a home on the market. We are looking into building a new home on some land which will save us $150-$200k for similar size home and acreage. I believe this is why you're seeing builders popping up new homes everywhere and making a killing as the raw land is fairly stable.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We bought our place in 2010 for $330K (short sale). 3100sq/ft and 5.5acres. Recently appraised at $600K. We'll ride it out for a few more years and wait for the next bubble before we would consider selling.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

YeeHaw wrote:
You know the housing market is high when you can buy land and build a home much cheaper than you can buy a home on the market. We are looking into building a new home on some land which will save us $150-$200k for similar size home and acreage. I believe this is why you're seeing builders popping up new homes everywhere and making a killing as the raw land is fairly stable.

Not up here. Land with water goes for a premium. I juet went through tbis whole ordeal. Indians own almost aml rights to any new well, and none are allowed. Pretty tough, or very expensive to build on land right now.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New 3500 square foot houses on 5000 square foot lots are selling one block over for me stating in the mid 400's. Fuck that.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:45 pm

It's crazy! I bought my house in Everett in 2011 for 208k$ and I am selling for 357k$ after only painting it and putting in a new front door. We have a rental already lined up for 2 years while a buddy teaches over seas. Now it's a matter of buying and building or waiting and just buying. For me it just timed up this way but I am constantly looking for homes and land to see what is even worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
I have a couple areas in Texas already scoped out, if that gives you an idea of what I think about this area's future... :-p

Meh, this area will be fine in the short term and the long term. Texas is better than other options but having lived in the desert before (AZ), I wouldn't do it again...well, except perhaps Flagstaff/Prescott.

I was talking to a guy the other day who is retired and has a winter home in Sun City and a summer home in Prescott Valley. He has piqued my interest in the area.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:03 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

L_O_G wrote:
New 3500 square foot houses on 5000 square foot lots are selling one block over for me stating in the mid 400's. Fuck that.

600-750 down the street from me.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

600-750 down the street from me.

Its bat shit crazy. There was a 4 house mini development built by my daughters school in Des Moines that each sold for $680k+. The houses were beautiful, but again built on lots barely bigger than the house.

Couldn't do it

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next