Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Root an FRP locked Android? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Anyone have experience rooting Droids? I acquired a Samsung S6 that was locked. I did a reset, but since it was protected it needs the Google and Samsung account info before I can wipe it. I have watched a few hours of video trying to find a method to bypass, but none of them worked. I was wondering if it was possible to just go and ROOT the phone... Ive always wanted to try it on a phone, but never on my main one. Now I have a free phone to mess with it wouldn't matter if I bricked it. I just dont know where to begin and what to trust.

Any tips?

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The fix that I used when I sort of borked my S5 was to install Cyanogenmod with a custom recovery (which is required for Cyanogenmod install), and then flashed the stock ROM/RUU back on to the phone.
Flashing is a pretty easy process once you have the Android SDK and any of the other required tools installed and set up. There are really easy to follow walkthroughs all over, mostly XDA Devs. If you had some specific questions, send me a PM.

Good luck!

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure, but you can use my fax machine, if you need it.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry...two people here, and one on the other site, work for cell companies.

I posted a joke while trying to remember who, but I can't, for the life of me, recall....sorry.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You should be able to use Odin and the most recent firmware from Sammobile, and basically get it back to a factory status.... Then root from there...

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

If you root, you usually lose knox.... and a lot of proprietary encryption related stuff stops working, like samsung pay for example.....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:42 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
You should be able to use Odin and the most recent firmware from Sammobile, and basically get it back to a factory status.... Then root from there...

If you root, you usually lose knox.... and a lot of proprietary encryption related stuff stops working, like samsung pay for example.....

I just want to restore it really just to use as an mp3 player. I don't care about rooting it if there was a way to just make it useable. I'll look up that Odin thing. Have seen it in a few YouTube vids.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

I just want to restore it really just to use as an mp3 player. I don't care about rooting it if there was a way to just make it useable. I'll look up that Odin thing. Have seen it in a few YouTube vids.

ODIN loads firmware, that can be stock non-rooted firmware..... Just be careful, as it's a developers tool, it can (and has) effed up people's phones if they don't know what they're doing.

Basically... Download the firmware for your phone... run ODIN..put your phone in bootloader mode....connect your phone to computer..... wait for it to recognize your phone... load the firmware file in the appropriate slot, and hit start....

It's that simple..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:26 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
olydemon wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

ODIN loads firmware, that can be stock non-rooted firmware..... Just be careful, as it's a developers tool, it can (and has) effed up people's phones if they don't know what they're doing.

Basically... Download the firmware for your phone... run ODIN..put your phone in bootloader mode....connect your phone to computer..... wait for it to recognize your phone... load the firmware file in the appropriate slot, and hit start....

It's that simple..

Is the firmware something that is easy to find? Or do I have to pay someone i met in the Darkweb a few infant hearts and a 40 Oz of schlitz?

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Delete

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
olydemon wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

It's that simple..

Is the firmware something that is easy to find? Or do I have to pay someone i met in the Darkweb a few infant hearts and a 40 Oz of schlitz?

:gibbs:

I already linked to it.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]