Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Kentucky Cops Mark Cars With Punisher Logo 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
When I was growing up cops still walked a beat and seemed to be everywhere. Ditto for traffic cops in cars and motorcycles. Today I can drive for miles and miles without seeing a trooper on the freeway and in Seattle? Can't remember when I saw a cop walking a "beat". They all seem to like driving around in their "escape modules" with the windows rolled up and A/C or heat set just right.

When I am in downtown Seattle I see their bicycle cops all over the place. They are the new "beat cops" with bikes to fit in.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:
When I was growing up cops still walked a beat and seemed to be everywhere. Ditto for traffic cops in cars and motorcycles. Today I can drive for miles and miles without seeing a trooper on the freeway and in Seattle? Can't remember when I saw a cop walking a "beat". They all seem to like driving around in their "escape modules" with the windows rolled up and A/C or heat set just right.

When I am in downtown Seattle I see their bicycle cops all over the place. They are the new "beat cops" with bikes to fit in.

That's a step in the right direction. However, until police officers stop and interact with people, just talking with them and letting people know that they are humans too, the divide between society and the police will continue to grow, or at the very least remain the same.

Just engaging citizens on the street and asking them what the police could do to make their world safer might do a lot more than just riding around acting like "overseer's" like they have since the patrol car (and now bike) became the norm.

For many the only interaction with a police officer consists of "License, Registration, and proof of insurance please" or "ON THE GROUND, SHOW ME YOUR HANDS". There once was a time when the "Beat Cop" knew everyone in his territory and who was up to no good. Today it's an "Us versus Them" world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:47 am

It seems someone has sand in their kitty.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Skipped Batman ... never skip over the Batman phase.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:35 am

So wait, is Seattle going to put My Little Pony.....or Winnie the Pooh graphics on their patrol cars to appear nice and soft for all the mental-midget leftards in town?

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To protect and scare?

Divided we fall.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:
So wait, is Seattle going to put My Little Pony.....or Winnie the Pooh graphics on their patrol cars to appear nice and soft for all the mental-midget leftards in town?

True story.

Seattle special ordered all of its crown vics with a chrome grille. The black honeycomb grille was standard on all P71s that were not ordered with the Street Appearance Package (SAP).

They had to VSO (Vehicle Special Order) every vic going to SPD.....

And...because they thought the black grille was too aggressive....hence the chrome...

Edit : Google Seattle police crown Vic.....then google police crown vic... You'll notice all SPD is chrome..everyone else has black honeycomb...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Bad Kitty

BBWAAAHHAAAHHHAA

Oh, and it's Trump's fault....IN FOR THE WIN!

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2