Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Kentucky Cops Mark Cars With Punisher Logo 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.avclub.com/article/kentucky- ... rs--251027

I'd like to know in what universe they think this is a good idea for cops?

I mean at this point the cliches and stereotypes all come to life and start gang banging each other before giving birth to every possible joke that can from from this stupidity.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I say let them do it. People are too damn sensitive about everything.
It's funny how easily people are offended. Maybe I'm the stupid one, but I don't find myself getting offended by much.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

It doesn't bother me, but I agree that it was a stupid thing for them to do.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh good god, someone call the waaambulance.

#sensipoo

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Unprofessional at best, and clueless. Also a waste of taxpayer money.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably close to $2500 in graphics on 8 cars.... way to waste taxpayer money and make you look like douchenozzles at the same time..

Maybe they should start running around tackling random people doing normal things like taking keys out of their pockets while yelling 'OFFICER SAFETY!'

I really can't believe how far they pushed the thin blue line bullshit. It's literally meant to divide the 'us' and 'them'... and they had the balls to not only promote it, but do so using the symbol of a homicidal vigilante bent on killing as many people as he can as revenge for his slain family. Sends a real clear message, cross our line, and we'll do everything we can to make you hurt..... What a bunch of fucking idiots..

But hey, 'it looks cool', so why not?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Silly and wasteful. Pretty much the same description as the WA Guv and Seattle Mayor.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was in our local PD's parking lot the other day. Right in front of my car was one of their "undercover cars" with the mfr's "badge" removed and replaced with a Punisher Logo. Car fits right in with the local criminal element's rides.

For regular patrol cars? Can't see how it does anything positive and just wastes money. If it were up to me all patrol cars would be the standard "Black and Whites. No fancy "wraps" or "artsy fartsy" paint schemes. A Police Car should look like a Police Car -----------from Coast to Coast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Was in our local PD's parking lot the other day. Right in front of my car was one of their "undercover cars" with the mfr's "badge" removed and replaced with a Punisher Logo. Car fits right in with the local criminal element's rides.

For regular patrol cars? Can't see how it does anything positive and just wastes money. If it were up to me all patrol cars would be the standard "Black and Whites. No fancy "wraps" or "artsy fartsy" paint schemes. A Police Car should look like a Police Car -----------from Coast to Coast.

Different agencies use different tactics to ID unmarked cars.... That I don't really have an issue with .... Most of the time it's something obscure, like a certain license plate from a 'dealer' that doesn't exist or is WAY out of place but that no one would notice....others use upside down tab stickers.. an officer notices the upside down tabs, runs the plate, and sees it returns to the agency.. etc etc.

I agree that police cars in general should be marked... and they're required to be by law, except that there's a little part of the law that says the WSP can determine who gets unmarked cars, so of course, EVERYONE has unmarked cars....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

I agree that police cars in general should be marked... and they're required to be by law, except that there's a little part of the law that says the WSP can determine who gets unmarked cars, so of course, EVERYONE has unmarked cars....

There are two roles in police departments. One is preventing crime and the other is catching criminals.

One method of prevention is visibility. More visible police cars on the street, the less likely someone's going to commit a criminal act in public. WSP proved long ago that the mere presence of marked patrol cars kept speeds down and in turn reduced accidents.

As for catching criminals, that's when the unmarked cars come into play. Even to the point of using seized vehicles by their detectives.

When I was growing up cops still walked a beat and seemed to be everywhere. Ditto for traffic cops in cars and motorcycles. Today I can drive for miles and miles without seeing a trooper on the freeway and in Seattle? Can't remember when I saw a cop walking a "beat". They all seem to like driving around in their "escape modules" with the windows rolled up and A/C or heat set just right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The world has changed, and I still wish for Mayberry.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck Mayberry. I'd be happy if the mental midgets that think they are some sort of badass warrior stopped filling police and DOC uniforms and went back to selling stolen MRE's and WWII German "relics" of dubious authenticity at gun shows.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:44 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

kf7mjf wrote:
Fuck Mayberry.

They wouldn't say something so hurtful back in Mayberry. *whimper*

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Living in Kentucky I can attest to Techno's statement. There are days that I drive the freeway here and NEVER see one patrol car in a 3 hour drive. Also living in Kentucky I can attest to some of the dumb-shittery that is the law enforcement community.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Punisher was a terrible choice for all the stated reasons. They should've gone for Judge Dredd...

Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next