Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 CT Proposes Quadrupling Gun Permit Fees 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
CT Proposes Quadrupling Gun Permit Fees as Part of New Budget Plan

Quote:
The governor of Connecticut is attempting to tap gun owners to help close the state's $1.7 billion budget deficit.

Gov. Dannel Malloy, a Democrat, has proposed increases to pistol permit fees.

The five-year renewal fee for pistol permits would increase from $70 to $300, first-time five-year permits would increase from $140 to $370 and fees for background checks would increase from $50 to $75.

The plan is expected to raise nearly $12 million per year in additional revenue, CBS News and The Associated Press reported.

:whatthe:
Falls in the: Glad I don't live there, category.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/20/connecticut-gun-fees-increase-pistol-owners-dannel-malloy

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

We're almost there :shush:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the same state that saw mass noncompliance when they enacted a firearm registration scheme. Do they not realize they're just pushing those same people to decide that constitutional carry -- whether legal or not -- is a better option than following a law that is plainly about nothing more than sheer greed?

Rhetorical question. We all know politicians can't conceive of a world where a peon would dare oppose them.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are there even any gun owners left in Connecticut?

Also, $12M in projected revenue to fix a $1.7B problem? Hopefully they have a plan to come up with the other 99.3% of the money.

Quote:
Malloy said the fees are in line with other jurisdictions and will cover the state's administrative costs for gun permits and background checks.

No way should it cost that much per application, although with the # of hoops they've made CT gun owners jump through, it may not be that far off.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I jumped through all those hoops and now that I live out here...I don't think I'll be renewing my license.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
AR15L wrote:

We're almost there :shush:

Until SCOTUS goes back and revisits "Miller" States will continue to place "reasonable restrictions" on gun ownership. "Miller" was never resolved because the plaintif's attorney never showed for arguments. Initially Miller was all about the $200 tax on short barreled shotguns which at the time was about 8-10 times the cost of a basic shotgun. Argued that the tax was clearly an attempt at creating a de-facto ban which would be Unconstitutional.

Clearly the Court will need to unmask these reasonable restrictions schemes that are merely created to make firearm ownership harder and harder.

Sort of like the Environmental Movement has done to logging, mining, and such. Make the process so expensive in studies, review, fees, court costs, etc, that the endeavor is no longer profitable.

If it keeps up there will be a HUGE number of criminals in this Country including a lot of Police Officers and members of the Military.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always have an ear for jobs and I responded to a job offer in Connecticut. The recruiter said he has had similar responses in the past.

Hi yy,
I would like to consider it, but the State of Connecticut does not allow AR-15s. I regularly practice on my AR-15 to where I qualified expert before my mobilizations to Afghanistan and Iraq. Since I am not allowed to bring my AR-15 to Connecticut, I cannot consider it.

Thank you for your consideration,

xx

On Friday, February 10, 2017 6:46 AM, yy> wrote:

Good morning xx.

Electric Boat, a division of General Dynamics, is searching for an accomplished test engineer to join their team in Groton, CT. I am hopeful of being able to have a quick conversation with you about EB and this full-time software and systems test engineer position.

Even if you are not actively seeking a new opportunity at this time, I would like to be able to take a few minutes of your time to inform you about Electric Boat where you have the ability to grow within a stable organization while working as part of a talented team.

If you are interested learning more, please reply via email or call me at ==============.

Regards,

yy

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good thing permits are NOT needed here in Idaho. Lol

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:39 am

Seriously how do they get away with taxing you for you constitution rights isn't that a lot like a poll tax?

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*edit* I am clearly a jerk. Removing bad information from the internet.

Last edited by thefuryoffire on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thefuryoffire wrote:
*technically* CT is an unlicensed open carry state. However, it's a really good way to get harassed to no end, and you can't buy a handgun without a CC license. It's pretty broken.

Actually you need to have a permit to OC in CT.
http://www.opencarry.org/maps/map-open- ... d-handgun/

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
thefuryoffire wrote:
*technically* CT is an unlicensed open carry state. However, it's a really good way to get harassed to no end, and you can't buy a handgun without a CC license. It's pretty broken.

Actually you need to have a permit to OC in CT.
http://www.opencarry.org/maps/map-open- ... d-handgun/

Well look at that. They changed the working on the license. Not surprising. It is now a "State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers".

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]