Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Minnesota LEO kills licensed gun owner at traffic stop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
It appears that some feel an officer should be forced to "take a bullet" (or get stabbed like in a more recent incident) before they are allowed to defend themselves. Unfortunately, when that happens a Police Funeral is often the result.

If you train officers to see EVERYTHING as a threat, what do you expect? I'm not reaching for my coffee to take a sip, I'm picking up a scalding hot liquid to throw at you... That's not a cellphone I'm using to record you, it's a gun designed as a cellphone. That's not a cigarette he was pulling out of his breast pocket, he was reaching for a gun...etc etc.

How many INNOCENT people have to die so Officer Joe Blow can 'go home at night'?

I'd much rather see a cop killed because he waited than see a news story every other week about some dude that got shot/killed because he was watering his neighbors lawn, or trying to figure out who was trespassing in his backyard. THEY SIGNED UP FOR IT!! Sucks, shit happens, whatever you wanna call it, I'd rather NO ONE die, or get injured/shot/whathaveyou, but if you're asking me to err on the side of police or innocent people, you think it's OK for innocent people to get shot 'because officer safety'?

Where does this 'officer safety' end?

Quote:
How would "YOU" react if someone told you they had a gun and then made a move towards the most common place a firearm is carried Don't you think you might be just a little worried if you were in a adversarial situation like the officer was in.

Oh, you mean like the guy who said he had a gun, threatened to shoot me, then reached for his glovebox? Yup, TPD asked me why I didn't shoot him, she indicated that she would have. The fact was, I didn't see a weapon, and the guy was probably a blowhard. Had I seen a pistol, the butt of a revolver, etc. then I would have shot. I set a CLEAR line in the sand, and it was 'omgz split second decision', and thankfully that line was never crossed..

Quote:
It might also help if there wasn't the palpable hatred of "cops" by a huge number of people in the Black community. Rather than attack police officers for their actions in cases like this, why not start teaching your kids to keep the attitude "canned" when dealing with police officers.

I agree with this, there's a bunch of BS rhetoric coming from the black community, that includes not wanting to take responsibility for their actions, blaming others for their misdeeds, making excuses for behavior, etc. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't officers that 'earn' their vitriol.

Quote:
Simple survival system. Just do what the officer says and it will go a lot better than if you cop and attitude or fail to NOT reach where a gun might be concealed. How hard is that?

'Comply or die' is not part of the American Dream, and should in no way be acceptable except in the most extreme of circumstances.

Just because an officer was found not guilty in a criminal trial does NOT mean he acted correctly, morally, or with good judgement.

I'll say it again, as I've said it before...

Cops in the United States have greater legal protection than guards at Auschwitz did. Cops can say 'I was following orders/policies/procedures/etc'....Auschwitz guards didn't have such protection.

No, I'm not saying OMGZ COPZ R WORZ THAN NAZI!! I'm merely pointing it out and hopefully start asking yourself why that is... Qualified immunity? get rid of it. Nazi guards didn't have it, American cops shouldn't either.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:
It appears that some feel an officer should be forced to "take a bullet" (or get stabbed like in a more recent incident) before they are allowed to defend themselves. Unfortunately, when that happens a Police Funeral is often the result.

If you train officers to see EVERYTHING as a threat, what do you expect? I'm not reaching for my coffee to take a sip, I'm picking up a scalding hot liquid to throw at you... That's not a cellphone I'm using to record you, it's a gun designed as a cellphone. That's not a cigarette he was pulling out of his breast pocket, he was reaching for a gun...etc etc.

How many INNOCENT people have to die so Officer Joe Blow can 'go home at night'?

I'd much rather see a cop killed because he waited than see a news story every other week about some dude that got shot/killed because he was watering his neighbors lawn, or trying to figure out who was trespassing in his backyard. THEY SIGNED UP FOR IT!! Sucks, shit happens, whatever you wanna call it, I'd rather NO ONE die, or get injured/shot/whathaveyou, but if you're asking me to err on the side of police or innocent people, you think it's OK for innocent people to get shot 'because officer safety'?

Where does this 'officer safety' end?

Quote:
How would "YOU" react if someone told you they had a gun and then made a move towards the most common place a firearm is carried Don't you think you might be just a little worried if you were in a adversarial situation like the officer was in.

Oh, you mean like the guy who said he had a gun, threatened to shoot me, then reached for his glovebox? Yup, TPD asked me why I didn't shoot him, she indicated that she would have. The fact was, I didn't see a weapon, and the guy was probably a blowhard. Had I seen a pistol, the butt of a revolver, etc. then I would have shot. I set a CLEAR line in the sand, and it was 'omgz split second decision', and thankfully that line was never crossed..

Quote:
It might also help if there wasn't the palpable hatred of "cops" by a huge number of people in the Black community. Rather than attack police officers for their actions in cases like this, why not start teaching your kids to keep the attitude "canned" when dealing with police officers.

I agree with this, there's a bunch of BS rhetoric coming from the black community, that includes not wanting to take responsibility for their actions, blaming others for their misdeeds, making excuses for behavior, etc. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't officers that 'earn' their vitriol.

Quote:
Simple survival system. Just do what the officer says and it will go a lot better than if you cop and attitude or fail to NOT reach where a gun might be concealed. How hard is that?

'Comply or die' is not part of the American Dream, and should in no way be acceptable except in the most extreme of circumstances.

Just because an officer was found not guilty in a criminal trial does NOT mean he acted correctly, morally, or with good judgement.

I'll say it again, as I've said it before...

Cops in the United States have greater legal protection than guards at Auschwitz did. Cops can say 'I was following orders/policies/procedures/etc'....Auschwitz guards didn't have such protection.

No, I'm not saying OMGZ COPZ R WORZ THAN NAZI!! I'm merely pointing it out and hopefully start asking yourself why that is... Qualified immunity? get rid of it. Nazi guards didn't have it, American cops shouldn't either.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but tire of your constant anti-cop rhetoric. Advocating cops getting killed, using false narratives and fabricated facts (or unsupported by any link - when was someone killed by a cop for watering his lawn?) and cops having more protections than guards at Aushwitz? A German Soldier in Aushwitz could rape or kill without any repercussion. We in American put cops on trial often for alleged murder. Most are exonerated by a jury and some are convicted. This is what BLM does as well.

You even admitted above
Quote:
Had I seen a pistol, the butt of a revolver, etc. then I would have shot.
I encourage you to actually read Officer Yanez's testimony summary. He saw Castile reaching for a pistol and could see his hand on it and could see the pistol. So you're pretty much in the same camp as the officer you're so critical of.

Do you think anyone is compelled by your arguments? This is why you lack credibility in my opinion, because of these nonsense statements.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Quoted for evidence...

LOL

Evidence of what?

Quote:
Advocating cops getting killed

Really? Of course you'd say that. God forbid you take my statement in context, instead it's OMGZ HE WANTS COPS KILLED. Clearly, that's not what I said, go reread it.

Quote:
using false narratives and fabricated facts (or unsupported by any link - when was someone killed by a cop for watering his lawn?)

Glad you asked...

From the police 'forced to open fire'... because he was watering his neighbors lawn and had a water nozzle in his hand...

Quote:
and cops having more protections than guards at Aushwitz? A German Soldier in Aushwitz could rape or kill without any repercussion. We in American put cops on trial often for alleged murder. Most are exonerated by a jury and some are convicted.

Cops can say 'I was following orders/procedures/etc' and have qualified immunity, which means they can't be held liable for their actions. Hell, even the fucking COOKS @ Auschwitz were charged with accessory to murder.... But a cop can say 'I thought I was doing the right thing' and *poof* no problem.

A Deaf woodcarver is shot, cop says 'he had a knife'....*poof* qualified immunity....

Quote:
You even admitted above [img]Had%20I%20seen%20a%20pistol,%20the%20butt%20of%20a%20revolver,%20etc.%20then%20I%20would%20have%20shot.[/img]. I encourage you to actually read Officer Yanez's testimony summary. He saw Castile reaching for a pistol and could see his hand on it and could see the pistol.

Not sure how you messed up my quote or misused the img tags but I'll leave it...

His story changed...of course AFTER the fact you get coaching from your defense attorney and union. Shit, even with the guy got shot watering his neighbors lawn, you REALLY think the guy 'took a 2 handed shooting stance' like the officers said he did? That's bullshit. It's the ONLY thing they could come up with to even remotely justify the shooting.

Quote:
Do you think anyone is compelled by your arguments? This is why you lack credibility in my opinion, because of these nonsense statements.

Potato, Tomato...

I'm not anti-cop, I'm pro liberty.

I've given kudos to cops when they've deserved it, and I will be critical of them when they deserve it....

Oh, and, I have friends who are cops.... :045:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More hyperbole. Gets tiresome.

Summary of the Douglas Zerby incident. Highly intoxicated man, a stranger in the neighborhood, with a BAC nearly fatal at 0.42, was reported as playing with a revolver in the back yard of an Los Angeles Long Beach area apartment complex, and pointing it around. That was a hoze nozzle but mistaken to be a handgun. LBPD officers arrived. He was reportedly pointing the nozzle at officers who fatally shot him, believing it was a handgun.

The shooting was investigated by the Long Beach Police Department, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Justice System of Integrity Division, and the Los Angeles County coroner's office. In November 2011, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined to file charges against Ortiz and Shurtleff in the shooting, citing that they acted in self-defense. The decision led to protests in Long Beach.

I suppose next we'll discuss Michael Brown and Freddie Gray?

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You two should get a room, or go Thunder Dome it out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
More hyperbole. Gets tiresome.

Summary of the Douglas Zerby incident. Highly intoxicated man, a stranger in the neighborhood, with a BAC nearly fatal at 0.42, was reported as playing with a revolver in the back yard of an Los Angeles Long Beach area apartment complex, and pointing it around. That was a hoze nozzle but mistaken to be a handgun. LBPD officers arrived. He was reportedly pointing the nozzle at officers who fatally shot him, believing it was a handgun.

The shooting was investigated by the Long Beach Police Department, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Justice System of Integrity Division, and the Los Angeles County coroner's office. In November 2011, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined to file charges against Ortiz and Shurtleff in the shooting, citing that they acted in self-defense. The decision led to protests in Long Beach.

You mean the fox guarding the henhouse says other foxes had to eat the hens in self defense?

Do you understand the repercussions to an agency that admits fault? They might as well be signing over a million dollar check....

Yup, always love how the police manage to dig up some dirt on someone to justify their overreaction... Well, he was drunk, so, clearly it was a good shoot...

Quote:
I suppose next we'll discuss Michael Brown and Freddie Gray?

Resisting arrest after a strongarm robbery? Running from police with a known spinal injury? LOL. Get real, you know those aren't cases where the cops did anything wrong... Not gonna take it... :hook1:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
You two should get a room, or go Thunder Dome it out.

That would require 2 men enter, so I'd be standing in the thunder dome by myself.. :045:

Yes, that's just a little joke..

I'm not upset at at all, I respect Leadcounsel and his opinions (I'm really shitty at remembering real names, sorry).

I hope that people understand, just because I believe in something, or take sides on an issue, doesn't mean I can't agree to disagree, say 'fuck it', laugh about it, and share a beer later on... :cheers2:

If I didn't respect the people here, I wouldn't bother to waste my time voicing my opinion.

At the end of the day, we won't always agree with each other, but I'll still respect your opinions... Even if they're wrong.. :045:

... and the same goes for me giving a good natured ribbing, I don't mind getting a little shit for giving a little shit, but realize it's exactly that, good natured ribbing... Not everything translates well into text and we have our own biases and let that impact the message and determine its intent. My intent isn't to talk shit, create discord, etc. We just have different ways of seeing things.

I think we've both said our pieces, we can agree to disagree, and move on... It's not the end of the world.... :4couple:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here we go again though...:(

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/us/m ... otest.html

So, cop 'thinks' this guy is doing a drug deal because he has out of state plates.... Suspect runs, and throws a gun away.... A cop shoots him and hits him in his arm... he then is on the ground, hands out, and is shot a second time in the heart. Prosecutors said the first shot was reasonable, but the second one was not, as he posed no threat...

and...

Quote:
But the defense said that Officer Heaggan-Brown was merely following police procedure when he fired his gun a second time. Jonathan Smith, Officer Heaggan-Brown’s lawyer, told jurors that officers were taught to use the “one-plus rule” — or to expect that if a person has one weapon, he might have another.

There you go...

They assumed he was still a threat, despite no evidence of such, so, for officer safety, and, you know, procedure and stuff, shoot him again...

and before the 'but, how do you know he had his hands up?'

Quote:
The video showed that at the time the officer fired a second shot, Mr. Smith no longer had a gun and was on the ground — “hands up, with no place to go,” said the prosecutor, John Chisholm

The officer further stated that....

Quote:
Officer Heaggan-Brown was trained to use deadly force until a suspect is no longer a threat, Mr. Smith said.

“A gunfight doesn’t end until the threat is stopped,” he said.

So, in his mind, once you start shooting, don't stop until you kill the person, apparently.... Even if the situation/dynamics change..Because the threat stopped, and he didn't....

Oh, and back to the reason for the stop??

Quote:
Officer Heaggan-Brown, 25, did not testify at the trial. But he told investigators in an interview after the shooting that he had guessed that Mr. Smith was involved in a drug deal because he was driving a car with out-of-state plates.

Yup. He had GUESSED that he was involved in a drug deal because the car had out of state plates.... There wasn't even RAS/PC for the stop in the first place, you can't 'guess' that someone is dealing drugs because he has out of state plates, WTF!

But wait, there's more!

Quote:
The night after the shooting of Mr. Smith, prosecutors said Officer Heaggan-Brown went to a bar, met a man, drank heavily and “bragged about being able to do whatever” he wanted “without repercussions.”

Oh, and later that night, sexually assaulted the man he was telling he could do whatever he wanted without repercussions....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PREPARE FOR IMMINENT THREAD LOCK

I see both of your points. Please stop making it personal.

I can empathize with both sides. I have a CCL. I have been on the wrong side of cops. I have known some really bad cops.

This is the real world we live in and I keep my hands on the steering wheel, and try to comply with orders.

You can't beat the ride, but you can beat the rap.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
PREPARE FOR IMMINENT THREAD LOCK

I see both of your points. Please stop making it personal.

I can empathize with both sides. I have a CCL. I have been on the wrong side of cops. I have known some really bad cops.

This is the real world we live in and I keep my hands on the steering wheel, and try to comply with orders.

You can't beat the ride, but you can beat the rap.

I'm not making it personal, to the contrary, I said we can agree to disagree and hug it out.. :D

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another vote for a thread lock

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is so simple guys. Don't tell cops you have a firearm UNLESS THEY ASK YOU. You reach for it, you win a Darwin award. End of thead.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
This is so simple guys. Don't tell cops you have a firearm UNLESS THEY ASK YOU. You reach for it, you win a Darwin award. End of thead.

He was required to tell them by state law.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No duty to inform in Minn, according to handgunlaw.us.

Do you have a different or more reliable source?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Quote:
I'd much rather see a cop killed because he waited

Really?

OK.

By the way, thanks a lot.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next