Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Minnesota LEO kills licensed gun owner at traffic stop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is going to be a mess. All caught on film and has been going viral quickly.

Quick facts: White (some sources say Asian) Cop, guy who got shot in front of his girlfriend and child: Black. Pulled over for broken tail light.

"She says that the man who was shot is “licensed to carry” and was “trying to get out his ID” and “he let the officer know he had a firearm, and he was reaching for his wallet, and the officer just shot him …He just shot his arm off.”

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/falcon-he ... by-police/

Last edited by Wetpaperbag on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow... that's shocking.

You can see and hear from the video that the cop sounded right away like he #$%^ed up and later you can hear him screaming about it and freaking out.

Although to be fair the video started AFTER the shots and it's possible that the officer was freaking out over having shot. We don't know for sure what happened.

The poor kid had to see the whole thing.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's OK...He was extremely careless, but no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case against him. I mean, he didn't mean to, so.....

On a side note..

Fuck him... accident or not.. hang him high..

I'm waiting for the dep't to tell the media that it was justified because he was 'reaching for something'....

I'm fucking sick of this shit.

Fuck it.. let it burn.. let it all burn...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Armed black lives matter?

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Armed black lives matter?

naaa only crooked democratic ones silly

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dafuq this guy crying for.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trying to be as objective as possible and let it all play out, but I call 'em as I see 'em. Strikes are strikes and balls are balls.

For instance, I believed officer Wilson and George Zimmerman were not guilty and it turned out that way.

Looking at this video, this appears to be unjustified murder and heartbreaking. We can all draw conclusions and the video doesn't show it all, but wow, I cannot imagine the horror of the situation. Imagine a cop shooting your significant other in the seat next to you as your kid is in the back and you have to sit there helpless until the ambulance arrives? Kudos for this woman holding it together like she did and recording it.

BTW, I read from the comments that the officer is Asian, not white. No idea if true.

Ain't gonna help the cop's position much when it is shown that he works at the local school and has a concealed carry permit, which he announced, and the stop was for a busted tail light. Kinda unlikely he was gonna draw down with a family in the car and him strapped in the seatbelt, or announce his intention to attack with his licensed to carry handgun!

I see murder charges and a multi-million dollar lawsuit in my crystal ball.

On the grand scale, be very careful out there. Also, from my concealed carry training. NEVER say the word "gun" since cops are apparently trained that this is a trigger word for "threat" and may instinctively or reactively shoot. If you are carrying, keep your hands up or on the steering wheel, or whatever, and inform the officer, "Sir, I am a licensed conceal carry permit holder, and am carrying. The gun is in my (location). How would you like me to proceed." You can even offer to let them disarm you, but never ever ever reach for your wallet in such a way to trigger getting shot.

I see every day we reach closer to the boiling point.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another example of why you don't volunteer info not related to the stop (unless required by law). Cop doesn't ask? Then don't tell. The "I just want to be a polite gun owner" crap gets you this.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
golddigger14s wrote:
Another example of why you don't volunteer info not related to the stop (unless required by law). Cop doesn't ask? Then don't tell. The "I just want to be a polite gun owner" crap gets you this.

Yep. If they want to know they will ask. The CPL shows up when they run your info. Don't volunteer unnecessary info and let the cop focus on the reason he/she pulled you over for.

Hope they hang this bastard.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Trying to be as objective as possible and let it all play out, but I call 'em as I see 'em. Strikes are strikes and balls are balls.

For instance, I believed officer Wilson and George Zimmerman were not guilty and it turned out that way.

Looking at this video, this appears to be unjustified murder and heartbreaking. We can all draw conclusions and the video doesn't show it all, but wow, I cannot imagine the horror of the situation. Imagine a cop shooting your significant other in the seat next to you as your kid is in the back and you have to sit there helpless until the ambulance arrives? Kudos for this woman holding it together like she did and recording it.

BTW, I read from the comments that the officer is Asian, not white. No idea if true.

Ain't gonna help the cop's position much when it is shown that he works at the local school and has a concealed carry permit, which he announced, and the stop was for a busted tail light. Kinda unlikely he was gonna draw down with a family in the car and him strapped in the seatbelt, or announce his intention to attack with his licensed to carry handgun!

I see murder charges and a multi-million dollar lawsuit in my crystal ball.

On the grand scale, be very careful out there. Also, from my concealed carry training. NEVER say the word "gun" since cops are apparently trained that this is a trigger word for "threat" and may instinctively or reactively shoot. If you are carrying, keep your hands up or on the steering wheel, or whatever, and inform the officer, "Sir, I am a licensed conceal carry permit holder, and am carrying. The gun is in my (location). How would you like me to proceed." You can even offer to let them disarm you, but never ever ever reach for your wallet in such a way to trigger getting shot.

I see every day we reach closer to the boiling point.

From what my wife has read to me from other sources is that the guy said he was a licensed gun and concealed carry permit holder, he informed the officer he was going to reach for his wallet. The officer instructed him to put his hands on the wheel, the man complied with the officer, then was shot. It is a very tricky thing these days to even say you are packing. I've been told by a number of people both what Leadcounsel said to do, as well as not to say a damn thing. I even had one guy say he would go as far as hands on the wheel or out the window on the door, inform the LEO of the permit and if you are carrying, and state that for everyone's safety, and arresting officers peace of mind, to be placed in cuffs for the duration of the stop and let the officer disarm you. I think that would be a bit much.

My wife and I were talking about this incidence as well as the Alton Sterling shooting down in Louisiana. Both are over use of force events IMO, but we both asked what are people doing to get the police involved in the first place, and how are they talking to police when they are there? Allegedly in the Sterling situation he threatened a guy with a gun earlier that night, with the guy in the car he had a busted tail light, both law enforcement issues. Some things we have control over, such as our actions. Other things are a bit more out of our control, such as similar looks to someone else, similar make of vehicle matching a description, etc. Maybe the taillight was busted for a while, or getting it fixed was the difference in paying rent/bills/food who knows. Or it was just laziness. Worth being drawn on and shot instead of less lethal actions? I've been pulled over because I had a break light out. I was actually on my way to get the bulb to replace it, but when I was pulled over the officer didn't know that. Yes things that are a safety hazard are a justifiable reason to be pulled over. So again, what are people doing to get the police involved, and when the police are involved how are they interacting with the police?

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

guncruiser wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Yep. If they want to know they will ask. The CPL shows up when they run your info. Don't volunteer unnecessary info and let the cop focus on the reason he/she pulled you over for.

Until you get pulled out of your car... at gunpoint... 'why didn't you tell me you had a gun?! You have a permit! You have to tell me!'

Ever have a cop tell you that you HAVE TO conceal if you have a CPL?

Yep, probably the same cop that will tell you that you HAVE TO tell him that you're carrying....

The same type of cop who threatened to take my G17 unless I registered it and stopped open carrying....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
TechnoWeenie wrote:
guncruiser wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Until you get pulled out of your car... at gunpoint... 'why didn't you tell me you had a gun?! You have a permit! You have to tell me!'

Ever have a cop tell you that you HAVE TO conceal if you have a CPL?

Yep, probably the same cop that will tell you that you HAVE TO tell him that you're carrying....

Well he is welcome to arrest me and let the judge, who hopefully is not a overgrown bully and who actually went to law school toss it out. Then let his department deal with a lawsuit. Not gonna argue with a cop. Ever. Not going to volunteer any information either.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am very pro-law enforcement inclined. I get it. Millions of arrests occur annually and the shooting deaths and such are statistical anomaly. I totally sympathize with them for the extremely hard and dangerous job. I also supported the acquitted cops in Balitmore. I don't think crimes were committed in that case.

Having said that, I have personally dealt with corrupt law enforcement and witnessed lying on the witness stand, and bungled investigations and cover-ups. Now when I watch this video of this man shot sitting belted into his driver seat with his girlfriend and child in the car, I just see red in anger. Things like this are just so-far removed from any level of justification. It's not even a close call, it just cannot happen.

Pardon my soap box for a moment. Having done dangerous jobs, I understand the "do whatever it takes to come home to your family at night" mentality. But NO, I reject that in law enforcement.

Here's one that I saw last year in South Carolina that is just outrageous.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 5a54f39a56

Cop stops Mr. Scott for busted tail light and Scott walks away. Cop shoots him in the back and lied about it. Video surfaced showing his lies IIRC.

And now this Alton Sterling video from Baton Rouge. Apparently "black man in a red shirt with a gun selling illegal CDs in the parking lot" prompted the police call. We don't see what prompted this take down, and this big guy was struggling, but he was clearly under some control and unarmed (meaning hands empty). The word "gun" prompted a cop to draw and then shoot repeatedly. After shooting, one cop removes something small from the front right pocket of Sterling; unclear what it is. Too small to be a significant threat; maybe a tiny 380 jammed in a pocket. Deadly, yes, but to two heavily armed and armored men on top of him, unlikely he can get to it and fire it in his pocket to warrant their over reaction.
Article by Graham Lopez.
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/6/12105380/al ... -louisiana

We've had a 20 years of very high profile and racially related (allegedly motivated) shooting and beating deaths. Are these cops in the last couple days just not getting the fucking memo!??!?! WTF is going on in these departments. Do they live in a vacuum where they didn't just see the news with Baltimore, Fergesun, LA/Rodney King, etc.

WTF are these officers getting for training and WTF are they thinking? We are American citizens with rights. Why was his gun even drawn, or why was he standing in a angle where the could be shot if a gun is drawn. Cops are taught to often flank/stand behind the driver so they have better observation and are at a difficult angle to shoot. I realize traffic stops are dangerous and cops die; but this is just really fucking upsetting to see these presumably innocent men being murdered by those who are charged with upholding law and order and serving and protecting.

Pretty terrifying to think that you might get shot and killed for a busted tail light and a cop having a happy trigger finger.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No such thing as self defense against a cop that tries to kill you either. That's the real big problem here. If you draw a bad cop on a stop, it's worst than meeting armed robbers in an alley. At least in the alley you can defend yourself.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

badclam wrote:
No such thing as self defense against a cop that tries to kill you either. That's the real big problem here. If you draw a bad cop on a stop, it's worst than meeting armed robbers in an alley. At least in the alley you can defend yourself.

Legally there is. Bad Elk vs United States. “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

Additionally Indiana allows some use of force against cops in certain settings. This is probably the most rational explanation I could find. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/radley-ba ... 96846.html

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next