Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 46  Next
 Netflix shows that don't suck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just started watching Travelers. From the people who produced Stargate SG1. Interesting time travel story. I'm 2 episodes in and it has held my interest.
It stars the "guy from Will & Grace".

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Just started watching Travelers. From the people who produced Stargate SG1. Interesting time travel story. I'm 2 episodes in and it has held my interest.

Travelers is good. It's hard to take Eric McCormack seriously at first (same problem I had with Thomas Gibson from 'Dharma and Greg' playing on 'Criminal Minds'), but just like Gibson I eventually was able to listen to him without thinking "Shut up, Will".

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 am
Profile WWW

Not all Netflix but I liked:

House of Cards
Game of Thrones
Sons of Anarchy
The Blacklist

I'll have to peruse the thread for others of similar interest.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Travelers is good. It's hard to take Eric McCormack seriously at first (same problem I had with Thomas Gibson from 'Dharma and Greg' playing on 'Criminal Minds'), but just like Gibson I eventually was able to listen to him without thinking "Shut up, Will".

I never watched W&G so he seems fine.

There are some aspects remind me a bit of Stargate Universe (taking over bodies).
Production quality seems great too.

Season 2 has been released in Canada and should be out on Netflix at some point I think.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

someguyinseattle wrote:
Goliath episode 1 was good, starting episode 2.

From the description, I didn't think this was going to be as good as it is. :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just watched "Lesson of Darkness", a Werner Herzog film about the oil fires set by the Iraqi soldiers fleeing after the first Gulf War.

Stunning camera work, and a lot of breathtaking sights. I enjoyed it.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 am
Profile WWW

The people vs oj Simpson. It really shows how each side worked and is really interesting. Marsha Clark was annoying when I was in 7th grade and is annoying in the show too.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
The people vs oj Simpson. It really shows how each side worked and is really interesting. Marsha Clark was annoying when I was in 7th grade and is annoying in the show too.

I second this, I thought it was well done.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:14 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I thought it was pretty funny

Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1465522/
Affable hillbillies Tucker and Dale are on vacation at their dilapidated mountain cabin when they are mistaken for murderers by a group of preppy college students.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A minor update: I'm appearing in episode 3 of Longmire season 6.

Only a brief scene as an extra, but Rob Taylor made sure I was featured prominently, just to make fun of me.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oliver Stone's untold history of the United States....

I consider myself fairly well versed in our history, but there's a lot of shit I learned....

Like, how racist Truman was........
Truman wrote:
"I think one man is as good as another so long as he's honest and decent and not a ni**er or a Chinaman."

Jesus Christ, man! I had no clue that democrats were so racist!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
I just watched "Lesson of Darkness", a Werner Herzog film about the oil fires set by the Iraqi soldiers fleeing after the first Gulf War.

Stunning camera work, and a lot of breathtaking sights. I enjoyed it.

If you enjoyed that watch Hellfighters. Its an older movie staring John Wayne, playing Red Adair. The man that created the modern methods of fighting oil field fighters.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I watched Hellfighters when I was in grade school!
Saw it at the Mercer Island High School Auditorium on a Saturday.
Think it was 50 cents admission. Hahahaha

mcyclonegt wrote:

If you enjoyed that watch Hellfighters. Its an older movie staring John Wayne, playing Red Adair. The man that created the modern methods of fighting oil field fighters.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you haven't seen the OA by now, you don't know life. soooooo good!

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Into the badlands is pretty good. Lots of ass kickin.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 46  Next