Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780 ... 1293  Next
 Post A Random Pic Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anybody ever see this before ?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:

REFactor Tactical. Always in good taste. thumbsup

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bugaboos, British Columbia (not me but one of my lifetime bucket list destinations)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snowball fight before departing for the front, Winter 1941/42.

I think it`s important to remember that propaganda is just that - dehumanization. Soldiers are soldiers, and young men are young men. It`s the same the world over.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
Snowball fight before departing for the front, Winter 1941/42.

I think it`s important to remember that propaganda is just that - dehumanization. Soldiers are soldiers, and young men are young men. It`s the same the world over.

Reminds me of the Christmas truce in 1914 where soldiers stopped fighting and celebrated together.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some things never change. My first tour in Korea we had a massive snowball fight between the two units on our little post one day.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Supposed photo of South Armagh IRA Sniper, nicknamed either "Terminator" or "Goldfinger."

Interesting to see he doesn`t support the butt at all, like is taught in modern circles.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Female combatants of the Irani Basij militia train with handguns, 1985

Who wants to bet those are all Tariqs and not legit Berettas?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actor Dennis Hopper with his FAL in Taos, NM. 1970. Walker was an avid FAL shooter and fan.

Last edited by Fjordforder on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:13 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

That's Dennis Hopper.

What did you mean about the shooter with the Barrett not supporting the butt "like is taught in modern circles"?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Fjordforder wrote:

Could be beretta 1951's. Does the tariq have any different defining features?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
That's Dennis Hopper.

What did you mean about the shooter with the Barrett not supporting the butt "like is taught in modern circles"?

It seems to me the "in-vogue" thing currently is to grip the "primary(?)" area with the dominant hand (around the pistol grip in this case) and to hold the butt at the heel and hold it against your shoulder with the support arm bent and underneath the rifle.

EDIT TO ADD

Thank you for catching my typo on the name, for some reason I always get "Walker" and "Hopper" confused.

Last edited by Fjordforder on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:

Could be beretta 1951's. Does the tariq have any different defining features?

Not that would be visible from that distance, nor at the resolution available. I originally typed 1951s but took a closer look at a trigger guard and began wondering if it wasn`t an early or non-US model 92 of somesort, like the 92S.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Lieutenant Commander Donald D. Sheppard aims an arrow at a bamboo hut hiding a VC bunker on the the Bassac River, Vietnam. December 8, 1967"

I`ve heard elsewhere that Sheppard was an avid bowhunter in the states, but have no confirmation.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780 ... 1293  Next