Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Boy Scouts Goin DEI. Changing Name 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rites of manhood be damned. We'll all be one gender soon.

Here comes "Scouting America".

https://www.wgal.com/article/boy-scouts ... XO5zMaHlF9

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue May 07, 2024 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup:

Tue May 07, 2024 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It rhymes with Yay!

:bonghit:

Tue May 07, 2024 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Boy Scouts have been going downhill for a long time. I pulled my son from scouts 25 years ago because their schedule of events included putting on plays and skits, cooking in the kitchen and sewing. I shit you not. Told my son “fuck this shit, let’s go camping”. So we did.

Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People really know how to fuck things up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue May 07, 2024 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What the actual…

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 07, 2024 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had girls in scouts back when I earned eagle in the mid 90s. Starting out they were allowed in the explorer program that was geared towards older teens. Sounds like venture crews are more like what explorers used to be and explorers is more like a career mentorship program. Lots of moms were scoutmasters/ASMs back then too. Small towns in rural areas would have a hard time getting enough volunteers to have a troop if they didn't allow that. Philmont had quite a few girls since that was considered an explorer high adventure base

Not sure exactly how they make it all work now. Seems like the troops I've seen are either all girls or the troop keeps some separation between the boys and girls. We always had to have two adults for every trip. I remember when I turned 18 it became a bit of an issue because we couldn't have 18+ scouts tenting with <18. From 18-21 you're an adult in that respect but can't lead trips or count towards the 2 adult minimum. Not sure if they have to have two adults of each sex (or 27+ different genders) on every trip now

I've been involved with my old troop only a little bit since moving back. Every once in a while they need another adult for a trip or to sit on an eagle board of review. They don't have any girls but it is way bigger than when I was there as a youth. In this area scouts is still about outdoor skills and leadership. The rona pushed down participation at the time but I think coming out of it there are more people that want their kids in the program

Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pure fucking BS!
(look at his scarf)
Attachment:
gay scouts.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 08, 2024 7:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FFS, another indoctrination station to ruin the youth of this country. The Communists have been chomping at the bit to do this for years.
“ The Boy Scouts’ $2.4 billion bankruptcy reorganization plan took effect last year, allowing the organization to keep operating while compensating the more than 80,000 men who say they were sexually abused as children while in scouting.”

I shudder to think how many more will be abused.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've always wondered why there arent conservative alternatives to both scouts and more importantly schools. Kinda have private schools that teach conservative values, field craft, shooting, offroading, ontop of the core STEM

Wed May 08, 2024 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.hillsdale.edu/

Wed May 08, 2024 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
I've always wondered why there arent conservative alternatives to both scouts and more importantly schools. Kinda have private schools that teach conservative values, field craft, shooting, offroading, ontop of the core STEM

That’s what dads are for.

Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
shaggy wrote:

That’s what dads are for.

Bingo!!! I taught my two kids what I knew about camping, survival and trapping critters. Best payback for seeing them adapt to life with confidence.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]