Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 184  Next
 The OFF TOPIC thread 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
So a guy I work with said that he had a random thought and he was confused about it. He said so if you go and pick up some beer from the store are you able to drink it before you get home. I'm really not sure how you can do it without the cop assuming you were drinking in the car and chucking cans out the window. You cant cant drink in the car, most stores have a sign that says no drinking on premises and you can't have an open container. If you were to get pulled the cop would smell the beer, see your pack of beer and notice one was missing, how do you go about proving that you didn't drink it at the gas station and that you didn't drink it ijn the car and toss it. Legally you could brown bag it in a parking lot and dispose of it, but it still really would end up looking like you were littering.

I don’t know, but I’m guessing that you’re experimenting ... ?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am

MadPick wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
So a guy I work with said that he had a random thought and he was confused about it. He said so if you go and pick up some beer from the store are you able to drink it before you get home. I'm really not sure how you can do it without the cop assuming you were drinking in the car and chucking cans out the window. You cant cant drink in the car, most stores have a sign that says no drinking on premises and you can't have an open container. If you were to get pulled the cop would smell the beer, see your pack of beer and notice one was missing, how do you go about proving that you didn't drink it at the gas station and that you didn't drink it ijn the car and toss it. Legally you could brown bag it in a parking lot and dispose of it, but it still really would end up looking like you were littering.

I don’t know, but I’m guessing that you’re experimenting ... ?

Experimenting with what? I couldn't think of a way for you to drink a beer and not have the suspicion that you didn't commit a crime. Think a cop would fully believe you when you said you threw it in the garbage?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:35 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Drinking an alcoholic beverage or having an open container in a vehicle is a traffic infraction, not a crime under RCW.
Until July 1, 1983 it was legal to drink and drive in WA, provided you weren't over .10

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a kid I was the family bartender and remember making drinks for the folks and grandparents "for the road" in Tupperware cups. I did not realize that it was legal back then? It was something I seem to remember all my grandparents friends doing (taking a drink for the road that is) and I don't recall any of them getting in wrecks or getting busted.
I miss the good old days of personal responsibility :crybaby:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:25 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Back then their biggest concern was getting their Tupperware back.
My parents didn't drink or smoke, but put out a selection of liquor and ashtrays when guests came over.
You'd be considered an asshole if you didn't.

Different times.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MSP: "Boy, by the way you were drivin', I'd say you were drinkin'! But you don't look drunk to me."
O_K: "Thank you, ocifer, G'night."

Yes, times have changed.
:cheers2:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:51 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Guntrader wrote:
Drinking an alcoholic beverage or having an open container in a vehicle is a traffic infraction, not a crime under RCW.
Until July 1, 1983 it was legal to drink and drive in WA, provided you weren't over .10

The YL having lived here her whole life couldn't comprehend having an open container as a passenger while were in New Orleans. "Yes, my dear. You don't have to finish your beer here. You can drink it in the car."

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, she told him the whole story, from the beginning, which quite frankly was taxing for a grown man to sit through.
She told it anyway. And she told it in detail. All the way down to the red thread on her line and her distaste for the "elfish twit" that she felt was commandeering her position on the other line.

Then it was my turn.
F#$%! Now I have to hear it!
If she had just done her job to begin with, no questions would have been asked! No issues! No f@#$ given!

But now we ALL get to have a problem - cause 1 person doesn't want to do their job...

Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Guntrader wrote:

The YL having lived here her whole life couldn't comprehend having an open container as a passenger while were in New Orleans. "Yes, my dear. You don't have to finish your beer here. You can drink it in the car."

On the Outer Banks of North Carolina, they have 'Brew-Thrus'....drive-thru beer/convenience stores.

Not drive-in, drive-THRU :thumbsup2:

Picture a gas station bay that you drive into, but this is, like, 150' long, and on both sides of you are glass doors filled with beer...you drive in, point at what you want, pay, and drive out the other side

Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

In the 70's/early 80's the Suquamish tribal liquor store had a drive through window.
They even had frozen margaritas in plastic cups ready to go.
No ID, no problem. No tax either. Fifth of rum was under $4

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"aliens invading" :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

where the fuck is my "retard thread?"

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
"aliens invading" :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

where the fuck is my "retard thread?"

ALL over the news before the launch, about how cool it will be to see.. and people still claim 'aliens'..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/12/2 ... christmas/
Quote:
The question shouldn’t be about why Americans give guns as presents but why people in other countries don’t. We know why, of course, but that’s why it’s tragic. Here we stand, one of the few remaining bastions of freedom in the world, because, without the right to bear arms, there is no freedom. So yes, we give guns as presents.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:36 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/12/2 ... ing-steam/
Quote:
To think of the millions of people who are denied their constitutional right…

There’s no way this nation would allow this to be the case if we were talking about voting rights or right to free speech. There’s no way at all it would be tolerated. There would be congressional hearings on the matter and the talking heads on both sides would be blaming someone for the problem while saying something needs to be done about it.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hangovers...tomorrows problems :ROFLMAO:

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 184  Next