Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WARNING: Guns may cause holes in your skin, or death. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow....this guy is quite the quack and a piss poor writer to boot.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Time draws closer as another enemy of the state takes office.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rstrobel wrote:
Here are some of his ideas...

"To prevent gun injuries, we could tighten restrictions on gun sales, ban the sale of handguns to the general public, make it illegal to enter public spaces with guns."

"If no guns were on the streets in Florida, Trayvon Martin would still be alive."

http://www.drsforamerica.org/blog/preve ... n-injuries (his organization)

SCOTUS called.

They said STFU

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
rstrobel wrote:

"To prevent gun injuries, we could tighten restrictions on gun sales, ban the sale of handguns to the general public, make it illegal to enter public spaces with guns."

"If no guns were on the streets in Florida, Trayvon Martin would still be alive."

The Constitution called.

It said STFU

FIFY

oh and trevon martin was a piece of shit. we all know that but just needed to be said again

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rstrobel wrote:

To be fair, it doesn't appear Murthy was the author of that piece. I would be surprised if he didn't agree with every last uninformed word of it, but it seems it was written by someone else.

According to the author's bio, she practices in Chicago. You'd think she would have heard about that pesky "you must allow some form of carry" thing that was going on in Illinois at the time, as the case was quite active right when this article was being posted.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:58 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dj_fatstyles wrote:
[
The Constitution called.

It said STFU

Perfect. DJ Fat Styles wins the Interweb.

Golly, I wish it was as simple as understanding simple English as presented in the 2A.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The simple English requires a knowledge of 18th century terminology.(well regulated meant something different than it would now. ) Hence SCOTUS spelling it out in simple, modern terms.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

kf7mjf wrote:
. . . knowledge of 18th century terminology.(well regulated meant something different than it would now. ) . . .

Upon whose interpretation do you rely?

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SCOTUS in Heller. Well regulated = well equipped, and SCOTUS has established that militia duty is not a requirement to own arms that are in common use.

The 2nd may have been clear at the time it was written, but it underwent several revisions, and the language is a bit archaic, and that gives antis something to focus on, when they think militia and well regulated refers to the National Guard.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
SCOTUS in Heller. Well regulated = well equipped, and SCOTUS has established that militia duty is not a requirement to own arms that are in common use.

The 2nd may have been clear at the time it was written, but it underwent several revisions, and the language is a bit archaic, and that gives antis something to focus on, when they think militia and well regulated refers to the National Guard.

This.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, remember part of the reason it took a year to get this joker through. Was because Reid didn't want to help more democrats lose than end the end did.
He also pushed now so this clown gets confirmed while the lame duck democrats can vote for him before they completely lose power in Jan.

But based on the first steps I'm not sure I expect to much from Mitch and Boner. Neither have shown much spine to actually use the power the voters gave to them.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2