Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Happy Independence Day WaGuns! 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today is the day a lot of us drink, blow shit up, get sunburned and socialize. (for those who have to work today, sorry). Let's also not forget the men and women who are still in the shit overseas and the men and women stationed in places where they cannot properly partake in the events of the day. They continue to fight for us to be able to do stupid shit on this special day.

:patriot: :patriot:

Also, on this day, in 1776, 'Merica adopted the Declaration of Independence, giving the middle finger to Great Britain.

The Preamble of our Declaration:
Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Figured a few of you would like that little ditty.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, Canada gave Great Britain the middle finger, too...in, ermm, 1982. Which is when Parliament got around to drawing up a Constitution. Seriously, though, happy Independence Day, all!

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:flag:

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:patriot: Happy Birthday America. I love you. :patriot:

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
Hey, Canada gave Great Britain the middle finger, too...in, ermm, 1982. Which is when Parliament got around to drawing up a Constitution. Seriously, though, happy Independence Day, all!

Only took them 200 years...
And we ain't talking bout Canadian Independence Day... This here is Our day not Canada's aye

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:34 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Quote:
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

-George Santayana

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Be safe and have fun guys

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:29 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Have a Happy 4th and come back with all your fingers and toes.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:patriot: :flag:
:wagwoot:

Massivedesign wrote:
Owen, grab mine please!! I’ll speak for chris. Grab his too!

MadPick wrote:
I also get serviced by Massivedesign.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:38 am

It's going to be fun

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns packed fireworks packed food is being prepped my the spousal unit :bigsmile: :patriot:

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:04 am

Happy Independence Day. :patriot:

I was going to say more, but I don't wish to be a bummer and ruin the festivities.

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The extent of my celebration:

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Dan, for the reminder of the Preamble. Funny - it has a lot more meaning to me when I read it now! It is no longer boring - now I get a visceral reaction of "Yeah! Damn straight! Folks, we need KNOW these documents."

Today when I was telling my boys about today's holiday, I found myself refusing to call it "Fourth of July". No, it's not just a date. It is our Independence Day.

Went to the parade, taught my boys how to show proper respect to the flag as it went by, talked about the veterans as they went by. Passing on our history and heritage. :patriot:

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next