Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
 Always said another Ruby Ridge or WACO would start 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eric Parker, from Idaho..... is the guy... supposedly..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Idaho militia? I heard they had mobilized a group earlier this week

Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:53 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:

He's done.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We need to support these brothers and sisters, and not make wild statements like "he's done" or "she's done". there is much more to be said on this topic, but not necessarily in this forum. But these people stood up for what they felt is right, in the face of what they feel is wrong, and no shots were fired. These people from Idaho remember Ruby Ridge, of that I am sure! The BLM and alphabet agencies are rethinking things, and the people have made a statement. This is no small thing, and would NOT be possible without American men and women who hold the line! Exercise our rights, or lose them! Brian

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great photos here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -land.html

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can see how sandbags would have been a good addition.

Last edited by Urban X on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:flag: If Clive would have changed the name of his ranch to "Benghazi", the feds never would have showed up...

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparkeee1978 wrote:
We need to support these brothers and sisters, and not make wild statements like "he's done" or "she's done". there is much more to be said on this topic, but not necessarily in this forum. But these people stood up for what they felt is right, in the face of what they feel is wrong, and no shots were fired. These people from Idaho remember Ruby Ridge, of that I am sure! The BLM and alphabet agencies are rethinking things, and the people have made a statement. This is no small thing, and would NOT be possible without American men and women who hold the line! Exercise our rights, or lose them! Brian

:yes:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Urban X wrote:
I can see how sandbags would have been a good addition.

And having the right weapon at that position. A Rem 700 at the minimum. ( the photo looks to be roughly 500 yards) The problem with rag tag militia is, (while they may have military training and possibly combat experience,) there is no command and control. Nobody in charge deploying guys to be the most effective. No cover, no overwatch, no ROE, no movement orders. No radios. Just a free for all. And that means, while initially effective, .......... it wont be for long.

Just my little opinion is all.

So as a teachable moment, what did protesters and so called militia do right? And what did they do wrong? And if this happened in your community, what would you expect? How can you prepare.

Last edited by munchie on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huckabee....go to 8.20...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFJaVo- ... idMRcse0lQ

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2: nice never heard about the tazeing incident

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:27 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

cmica wrote:
:thumbsup2: nice never heard about the tazeing incident

I am super surprised that the tazing didn't end up in a firefight. Amazed...

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder what happens if the protestors used tazers in return.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:56 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

munchie wrote:
Quote:
n our world today we are being told that it is better to surrender privacy and that transparency is a state security threat. We also mistakenly believe that if the police are surrounding a suspect that he or she must be guilty. If the suspect decides to fight back or take a stand, it is punishable by death no matter who is right or wrong.

This quote here is the single most important (to me) line in that write-up.

Back a few years ago I swallowed the news reports whole... accepted that police went after bad guys because they were bad guys. I was all for "law and order" and assumed the police were either in the right or acting with best intentions.

Now I question EVERY police action because I think it is our Responsibility to question them. Our elected, hired and appointed folks are in a position of TRUST, not a position of authority. I met Gavin Seims at the 2A Rally in Olympia last weekend and he disagreed with me and called these positions "delegated authority."
We can use whatever words we want... But I think we should "frame" the discussion in the proper light when possible.

We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our sleeping fellow citizens, and I think we should be thoughtful and considerate in the choosing of our descriptive words, just as the enemies of freedom (and The Constitution) seem to carefully choose their words and targets to make freedom lovers look as stupid, unsophisticated and paranoid as possible. There is a VERY large group of sleeping folks in the middle ground between freedom and controllism. When they open their eyes to a conflict between liberty and controllism, I don't want them running to the other side without listening to the discussion and figuring things out.

While I still am for law and order, I just don't believe that We The People have a voice in the system as it is being run right now.

The reason that the discussion happened down in Nevada is because a bunch of folks are coming to the conclusion that there is no other way to have our voices heard in the far reaches of .Gov.
ENOUGH of federal agencies being able to dictate LAW to judges, and judges dictating to citizens about how they MUST decide jury cases.

http://www.apfn.org/pdf/citizen.pdf

If the citizens of Nevada knew their rights and this had gone to jury things would be different. All around the country.

I am very interested to see how tactics change from here on out. You can bet your bottom dollar that it won't take too many more confrontations before either good mens' blood spills in the dirt or the .Gov realizes that We The People are taking back some of the "authority" that we trusted them with.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:pray: :plusone: (post above by PMB) The people are attempting to take back some of the power "invested" in the government. We gave it too them, they have abused it for their own gain ( power corrupts) and they have lied to us, threatened us, and now we WILL take it back. It is the way it was set up. It is the way it is supposed to happen.
Like taking a childs I phone or car from them when they have abused a privilege. It is our right to do so, no matter how much kicking and complaining they do.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next