Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Always said another Ruby Ridge or WACO would start 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Urban X wrote:
The media is exaggerating what was said. Misrepresenting it. People (me included) get on info wars for exaggerration, but then look at what Hannity is saying now after jumping ship. Beck was exaggerating from the beginning. I actually canceled that assholes blazetv after his bs rants regarding this issue. He's just like the rest imo, protecting the establishment. I'm trying not to cuss on here, it's not easy. Anyways, it really sucks that we have no mainstream media outlets with balls. It comes from the top down, and they all fall right in line. None of them can be trusted for anything when it really comes down to it.

It's all about knowing where their meal tickets come from. Money changes people.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With a war on energy and food, what is the end game?

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:03 pm

I do enjoy watching this thread, especially after Mr. Bundy had his day in the limelight talking about how black people really were better off being enslaved.

My favorite points so far:

-My parent says racist stuff, but he is cool to me, so it's okay for Bundy to say racist stuff.

-It's only offensive because Obama is black.

-It is all taken out of context!

-Who cares, he is right in something else!

Okay, look, I get it. Bundy raises a good point about a specific federal agency. One good point: it is incredibly powerful and has no check on it, outside of its own branch. This is obviously wrong and needs to be severely curtailed and adressed. Bundy's case is not the only one where BLM seriously abused its power.

Except this is neither the fault of Obama, nor the current regime. As usual, we are dealing with yet another massive fuckup of the Reagan administration. What a surprise. Probably not the last, though. We'll keep running into these Reagan droppings for decades to come. Thanks, Obama!

That is, however, the extent of Bundy's good points. This guy is a felon who owes a six figure sum -- most of this being legal fees he refuses to pay for his own court cases, instead using your tax money with no recourse. He is at best hypocritical, at worst incoherent with his rhetoric: you denounce the federal government while waving its flag and praising the federalists? Consistent, to be certain, Mr. Bundy.

Worst part is, this man is quite disingenuous. He says whatever will gather support from anti-federal crowd, when it's obvious he has no clear idea of what he is saying. Frankly, it is sad that those militia members put their lives at risk for someone like him. (Not that all of them are noble heroes, either, but whatever).

Look, let's say you own 20 Mosins, and you want to get one more. So you go to your LGS, or outfitter, or anywhere. They are going to have at least a few, for about $150 or so.

Problem is, you paid at most 80 for the ones you have, so you disagree with the pricing, but this is how it is. Furthermore, all of yours were bought in Oregon, so the additional sales tax seems insane to you, and it really grinds your gears. Haggling isn't working here. So you have a few choices.

You can walk away from the deal.
You can choose to pay the price and the tax.

If you are Bundy, you choose the third option: just grab the gun from the shelf and walk out with it, and threaten to shoot anyone who comes after you. Then bitch about police brutality when a SWAT team breaks down your door.

Seriously, pick a different hero. If Glenn Beck - a man do nutty he makes squirrels uncomfortable - thinks that Bundy is full of it, there is some serious bullshit afoot.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:00 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Korochun wrote:
I do enjoy watching this thread, especially after Mr. Bundy had his day in the limelight talking about how black people really were better off being enslaved.

Welcome to WaGuns! welcomewgo

The viewpoint of someone who thinks with a Controllist mindset is welcome here.

You speak as if you are the one who sees things most clearly... As if you are more intelligent and wise than all of us fools who see this as the movements of an overreaching federal government who would gladly employ deadly force against it's own citizens.

Thank you for setting us straight.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:07 am

Thank you for the warm welcome.

My perspective is certainly not the holy grail of all perspectives. On the other hand, I am not certain where you see me defending the federal government here. In fact, I think I made it quite clear that BLM was in the wrong here.

Problem is, Bundy is no more right.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:17 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Korochun wrote:
Thank you for the warm welcome.

My perspective is certainly not the holy grail of all perspectives. On the other hand, I am not certain where you see me defending the federal government here. In fact, I think I made it quite clear that BLM was in the wrong here.

Problem is, Bundy is no more right.

You mistake the support for Bundy as canonization.

We're not here to talk about where Bundy is right or wrong (at least I am not.)

The meaning of this thread is about overreach by the federal government. Justifications for Bundy are secondary and in support of the fight against a growing tyranny. Attacking Bundy while saying the BLM has some fault, but really it's all Reagan's fault- Sorry, but you really are missing the "big picture" despite your 35 year "view."

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:23 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Oh and one little thing before I split for the day...

Your very first post on this world renowned forum of deep intellectual discussion is to enter and tell the vast majority of folks who've commented on the BLM/Bundy issue that we're so damned foolish that you actually have a list of "favorite comments", clearly implying that the viewpoint is so ludicrous as to be amusing to you.

An auspicious start, to be sure. Guaranteed to help others see things from your loftier point of view! :thumbsup2:

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:31 am

PMB wrote:
You mistake the support for Bundy as canonization.

We're not here to talk about where Bundy is right or wrong (at least I am not.)

The meaning of this thread is about overreach by the federal government. Justifications for Bundy are secondary and in support of the fight against a growing tyranny. Attacking Bundy while saying the BLM has some fault, but really it's all Reagan's fault- Sorry, but you really are missing the "big picture" despite your 35 year "view."

Several previous pages of this discussion have very little to do with BLM, and a lot to do with how great of a guy Bundy is.

Problem is, both sides in this story are full of shit. On one hand you have completely unchecked Bureau of Land Management, a federal agency, literally declaring where it is acceptable and unacceptable to peaceably gather for US citizens while conducting military style crackdowns that violate first, second, fourth, and fifth amendments without any legal limitation.

That is shitty.

On the other hand, you have a wealthy, disingenuous cattle baron who has been making wealth from our taxes for the last twenty years while threatening violence against law enforcement personnel for the last twenty years, spouting halfhearted rhetoric that he neither understands nor believes, trying to get other people to risk their lives for his money.

Also shitty.

Equally shitty? No. FBLM is a much bigger issue.

However, a clear distinction should be made between supporting the limit of federal power and supporting a lying scoundrel.

Quote:
An auspicious start, to be sure. Guaranteed to help others see things from your loftier point of view

Thanks! Your in no way sarcastic positive assessment means the world to me! :bigsmile:

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Korochun wrote:

My favorite points so far:

-My parent says racist stuff, but he is cool to me, so it's okay for Bundy to say racist stuff.

If you're to paraphrase, at least do it accurately. You obviously are in a position where doing so would go against your purpose, so I guess it's understandable. Why should you be forced to make sense when sensationalism trolls so much better?

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Korochun! We are glad you feel passionate about this issue enough to become a part of the community.Please introduce yourself properly so we can get more acquainted.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess korochun will get his wish if there is any truth to Holder ordering a drone strike on the Bundy ranch within the next 48 hours.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Urban X wrote:
I guess korochun will get his wish if there is any truth to Holder ordering a drone strike on the Bundy ranch within the next 48 hours.

If that happens... Well... Game on...

There's no way in hell they can justify firing missiles at a home...

Well, Holder did say that HIS WORD was 'due process'... :angryfire:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

another BLM protest.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/05/1 ... n-off.html

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sun May 11, 2014 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2: fucking aye!!!!

Sun May 11, 2014 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next