Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710, 711 ... 1552  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

A frosty morning, sunshine through the windows, a crackling fire cranking off heat like an Eta Carinae, and a ton of work to do outside today.
I love this combination.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
A frosty morning, sunshine through the windows, a crackling fire cranking off heat like an Eta Carinae, and a ton of work to do outside today.
I love this combination.

Sounds like heaven

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not today but Weds night, I was traveling on business.
I got a wild hair to stay in a cool cabin or something similar after growing tired of franchise hotels 125 nights a year.

I found the Weasku Inn in Grants Pass. Great cabins right on the Rogue river.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Wow, very cool. That looks like a nice change of pace!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:
I got a wild hair to stay in a cool cabin or something similar after growing tired of franchise hotels 125 nights a year.

I used to live there. Miss the place, frankly.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:

Wish my company would let me stay in places like that. I’ll keep my mouth shut though cause atleast they don’t make me stay at motel 6

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:15 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watching a Christmas classic with my son tonight.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Wacarry wrote:
PMB wrote:
I love this combination.

Sounds like heaven

It was a good day. I only wish that it wasn't approaching the shortest day of the year!
I'm sore from head to toe, and it's mostly a good sore.

Wacarry wrote:

That's a dream house. Love it. :thumbsup2:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:

Not that I'm THAT far away from you, but you're always more than welcome here. I know you're driving through once in a while, let me buy you a beer, damn it!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

received a bolt for my Ruger Standard pistol today, thought it was stripped, but it was only missing the recoil spring/guide rod.....and the finish is perfect on it!

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taking my grandson to go rock climbing today on some short though high quality limestone crags near Austin. He's pretty stoked and has been looking forward to it for weeks. Hired a pro climbing guide as I no longer have all the gear necessary (though I may have to start fixing that).

Eventually planning a road trip up north to Devil's Tower in NE Wyoming for some awesome multi-pitch crack climbing during the Summer months. That place has always been on my bucket list plus could head out to see Mt Rushmore and the Little Bighorn site.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Wacarry wrote:

Not that I'm THAT far away from you, but you're always more than welcome here. I know you're driving through once in a while, let me buy you a beer, damn it!

It’s a deal!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:

Wish my company would let me stay in places like that. I’ll keep my mouth shut though cause atleast they don’t make me stay at motel 6

You’d be surprised how reasonable you can find places like this on Priceline etc. especially in the off season.

The only problem is, I didn’t want to work when I woke up. Check out was noon and I maaaaaaay have run a little late that day :bigsmile:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Taking my grandson to go rock climbing today on some short though high quality limestone crags near Austin. He's pretty stoked and has been looking forward to it for weeks. Hired a pro climbing guide as I no longer have all the gear necessary (though I may have to start fixing that).

Eventually planning a road trip up north to Devil's Tower in NE Wyoming for some awesome multi-pitch crack climbing during the Summer months. That place has always been on my bucket list plus could head out to see Mt Rushmore and the Little Bighorn site.

If you ever get over to El Paso they have some awesome climbing at Hueco Tanks.
BTW I have a ton of climbing gear I'm willing to sell. My body said no mas.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

If you ever get over to El Paso they have some awesome climbing at Hueco Tanks.
BTW I have a ton of climbing gear I'm willing to sell. My body said no mas.

Hi Chuck it was a nice day in the Texas Hill Country. Started off a couple degrees above freezing, warmed up to just shy of 70 degrees and a blue bird day. I've been to El Paso for work twice as we have a factory outside Juarez though flew there both times. I've always heard great things about Hueco Tanks. There's another sport climbing area in Mexico called El Potrero Chico with sport climbs of 12-15 pitches all 100% bolted icon_eek

The other cool things in that general area are Big Bend National Park in Texas and also the Carlsbad Caverns in SE New Mexico. It's a helluva drive from Austin though: 8 hours to Big Bend and 10 hours to El Paso. They didn't come up with the phase 'deep in the heart of Texas' for nothing.

My body is holding up OK so far considering I'm rounding the corner to 52 years old in a couple weeks. So not doing too bad but I definitely don't recover from hard exercise like I used to. We just got back and while the grandson is running laps around the living room I am having trouble transitioning between the sofa and the upright position lol.

Might send an IM after the holidays if you still have some of the climbing gear then.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710, 711 ... 1552  Next