Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 676, 677, 678, 679, 680, 681, 682 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Won a $40 gift card at work.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Signed up for a 3 hour class on bbq pit management focused on smoking brisket in mid November. Held at a local distillery. Looking forward to learning some new things and improving my Q.

Learning Texas BBQ, taught at a distillery... what could go wrong? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ha that is funny, I hadn't thought of it from that angle. Hopefully the resulting fireball will not be visible from satellite :ROFLMAO:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got this thing to fire. Been tracing a no spark issue for a couple days.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is that an old Smegma... er, I mean Seka? Those were the shiznit back in the day. Are these old bikes riders for you? or do you fix them up and sell them?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haven't sold any yet. I enjoy riding them. I have the newer model.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my shop heater done. 100,000 btu propane ass warmer. Found it at habitat for humanity for 110 bucks last year. Was installed and never fired from what I could tell. No more cold days for us.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Payroll lady sent a message about sending 5 b portion checks out on Friday,it's on the sale of our fish if they get more for it later. We get them on occasion so it's not like something we look forward to getting. So I told my wife to check on the deposits to see how much it was. She sent me a copy of the deposits and says that's a lot,but I couldn't see how much due to satilite internet it wouldn't down load. So I'm thinking $1200 or so,nope I was wrong. $9500....nice little bonus. Come spring it'll be one of these.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wife drove me to work today since we had an errand to run before hand. While at work she texts me "I have a surprise for you." When she came to pick me up I found THIS little bugger waiting for me in the car!

He doesn't have a name yet, we're just calling him "puppy" until we find out a bit more about his personality. His dad is an enormous purebred black Doberman, his mom is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. This one is gonna be huge when he grows up.....

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good lookin pup. Going to be a monster

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So today I went to the home improvement store, helped a couple ladies find something.
Then towed a guy of the road, on a blind corner, and very temporarily fixed his car.
Then.....got most of my kitchen project done, with help from my dad.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Wife drove me to work today since we had an errand to run before hand. While at work she texts me "I have a surprise for you." When she came to pick me up I found THIS little bugger waiting for me in the car!

He doesn't have a name yet, we're just calling him "puppy" until we find out a bit more about his personality. His dad is an enormous purebred black Doberman, his mom is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. This one is gonna be huge when he grows up.....

Ohh man! How can a husband say no to that little bugger? Cute pup!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have a new book on the way from Amazon:
The Reluctant Admiral: Yamamoto and the Imperial Navy by Hiroyuki Agawa

Based on Japanese naval archive data, promises to be a very interesting read about Isoroku Yamamoto, architect of the Japanese naval strategy in The Pacific War, commanding admiral of the Pearl Harbor raid, and one of the foremost military strategists and thinkers of the 20th Century.

Looking forward to it's arrival in the mailbox.

Congrats to Captain 90's and family on the arrival of the little monster, very cute. Few things as exciting as a new puppy. Best wishes.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know.... Yamamoto's quote about guns behind every blade of grass is one of the most effective Pro-2A statements a person could use.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
You know.... Yamamoto's quote about guns behind every blade of grass is one of the most effective Pro-2A statements a person could use.

He served as naval attache in the United States between the world wars which I expect is what led him to the quote you mentioned.

I also believe that he never truly expected that Japan could ultimately win against the United States given our social temperament combined with massive industrial capacity and resource base. My expectation is that he always believed the best outcome would be a negotiated peace for Japan allowing them to retain their territorial gains in Southeast Asia, China, and the Pacific. Very interesting figure in military history. Looking forward to learning more about him.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Unfortunately...............................
Misattributed[edit]
I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.
Statement made after the attack on Pearl Harbor by Yamamoto as portrayed in the film Tora! Tora! Tora!, this is one of the most quoted remarks attributed to him. Though it is thought that it summarizes his sentiments well, a definite source for this quote has never been provided. William Safire wrote that there is no printed evidence to support this quote. Safire's Political Dictionary, page 666. For more information see the Wikipedia article "Isoroku Yamamoto's sleeping giant quote".
You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings.
There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009), which cites Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians", writing "I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur] but no one had ever seen it or cited it from where they got it."

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 676, 677, 678, 679, 680, 681, 682 ... 1551  Next