Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Drunk History...

a (I think) new show on Comedy Central.

Worth watching..!

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Sitting at the light on the off ramp watching someone tying jumper cables up to the muffler of a re ally new camaro to tow a busted ass camry. Bye bye $600+....

I dunno, I gotta roll with RIX on this one...

Maybe if you hadn't posted it in the 'Made my Day' thread.

Why does something like that make your day?

And then you have excuses not to help...running late, window doesn't work...

How about:

Not all of us had dads growing up; maybe stop & show the person the difference between a support brace & the tailpipe.

"My window doesn't roll down when my nuts are cold?" WTF is that?

You can't crack your door? You can't pull over? You can't turn around & roll down your passenger window?

That's okay, as long as your coffee didn't get cold....

Sorry, reads as a dick move, especially when you were already late...

How about, I'm late because I stopped to help someone?

None of this would probably apply if you hadn't had it 'Make Your Day'....

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I would have stopped and helped if it was a Lady....

If it was Dudes?

Sorry, as long as they're not in danger, they're on their own...as a man that's how you learn.

BTW Not all fathers help or a positive influence.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Hot tubs. Hot tubs made my back feel good = made my day.

Naked ladies involved?

Of course.

Well, thus far, as they say . . . "it didn't happen."

You’ve seen em.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 am
Profile WWW

NWGunner wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Sitting at the light on the off ramp watching someone tying jumper cables up to the muffler of a re ally new camaro to tow a busted ass camry. Bye bye $600+....

I dunno, I gotta roll with RIX on this one...

Maybe if you hadn't posted it in the 'Made my Day' thread.

Why does something like that make your day?

And then you have excuses not to help...running late, window doesn't work...

How about:

Not all of us had dads growing up; maybe stop & show the person the difference between a support brace & the tailpipe.

"My window doesn't roll down when my nuts are cold?" WTF is that?

You can't crack your door? You can't pull over? You can't turn around & roll down your passenger window?

That's okay, as long as your coffee didn't get cold....

Sorry, reads as a dick move, especially when you were already late...

How about, I'm late because I stopped to help someone?

None of this would probably apply if you hadn't had it 'Make Your Day'....
honestly I really don't care.
I wasn't cold, I made it to work with 1 minute to spare, if I'm late 1 minute I lose 15 minutes of pay and someone else has to stay that 15 minutes. I've already been late 2 times year, I'm not going to get suspended a day without pay because someone is an idiot and I'm a nice guy. Oh well

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 am

Got a call from my neighbor - who is in Hawaii - asking if I'd go take his dogs for a walk.... clear cold night, super moon - OK I'm down for it....

Get bundled up - walk out up the drive and I notice the sound of an air compressor coming from the other neighbor's house - its 9 pm - think to myself thats strange... he's an early riser and not usually up that late and he's pretty good about turning his compressor off. Walk the dogs - get back ~9:45 and still the compressor is running..... was standing outside, looking for owls, when it donned on me that it wasn't an air compressor --- it was the (new last spring) heat pump compressor locked on --- a couple of people here had complained about heat pumps making noises and freezing up with the cold weather, so I figured thats what it was . Not knowing if it was prudent to call them at 10 pm, I decided I would anyways figuring it would just go to voice mail. Called and left a message. Got a call back last night saying 'thank you for letting us know - had a service guy out today and the tech said your neighbor saved you from having to buy a new compressor'.

Sometimes you have to cross that comfort line to do the right thing.... its rewarding when it saves major expenses and troubles.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

^ That is awesome! :cheers2:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Past two days have been shitty with Ironwood designes not returning calls or emails about my order from a month ago and yesterday having damn near $1600 stolen from my account due to a skimmer.

Today I got a call from Ironwood and got a tracking number. 20 minutes later I got a call from my bank and all of my funds will be put back in today and I will have my card by Tuesday. I will be going in today to get a temporary card.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

PMB wrote:

For real....If my neighbor is out of state and comfortable enough with asking me to walk their dog (a member of the family for some) I'm not hesitating to call when something is out of norm with their home. Obviously you did the right thing.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
PMB wrote:

For real....If my neighbor is out of state and comfortable enough with asking me to walk their dog (a member of the family for some) I'm not hesitating to call when something is out of norm with their home. Obviously you did the right thing.

Actually, he made TWO neighbors happy! :bigsmile:

The dog owners were not the same neighbors as those with the compressor problem.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:plusone: If my neighbor calls and needs something, i will be there. Not sure they would reciprocate, but no matter.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:35 am

Selador wrote:
dreadi wrote:
PMB wrote:

Actually, he made TWO neighbors happy! :bigsmile:

The dog owners were not the same neighbors as those with the compressor problem.

Perhaps I need more wake juice.....

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some time ago I got out of my car and heard the sounde of water hitting concrete coming from the direction of my neighbor's house. I ran over there intent upon alerting him to a potential burst pipe, but as I crossed the street, passing by his derelict car which has been sitting at the curb for TWENTY FOUR YEARS, suddenly the sound was behind me. I turned back and finally located the source of the sound: the water hose he had running up under the hood of aforementioned derelict car which was flushing his engine block water jacket into the storm drains... :angryfire:

He and I had words.

(EDIT: Well I guess that belongs in the "pissed off" thread)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, quite a few areas actually say you can dump up to a certain number of gallons down the drain. Obviously, not in a watershed area, or into a sewer system that leads into a protected body of water. When I lived in Tumwater, I was advised that I could dump up to 5 gallons of coolant in the street drains. And yes, that was by a city employee who handled those kinds of questions on a daily basis.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I had a friend who worked for KC Metro, used to drive around and collect water samples in the traps outside manufacturing businesses.
She made good money but quit after a few years, didn't like lifting up sewer covers and climbing in there.
Huge fine for dumping toxic shit down the drain.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710 ... 1551  Next