Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Coming in to work and seeing that our newly repaired freezer is running at.... *drumroll*....

-4 degrees

Chef likee when equipment workee :thumbsup2:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

WaJim wrote:
Bwahahahahahahah....

Serious shit ..... but they asked for it.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/13/166 ... -emergency

On the radio this morning a paramedic was sued for inappropriate touching when he saved this womans life....Judge threw it out.

But what if you're not a paramedic.

Can I sue the woman that scrubbed my nuts while I was in ICU when I was 16 years old? She woke me up from my morphine induced slumber.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
Final biopsy last week. Results are in. Cancer free. But still...

FUCK CANCER!

Good deal bud!!!!!!!

Yea, fuck cancer!

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
Final biopsy last week. Results are in. Cancer free. But still...

FUCK CANCER!

Good for you! :thumbsup2:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:57 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Bwahahahahahahah....

On the radio this morning a paramedic was sued for inappropriate touching when he saved this womans life....Judge threw it out.

Can I sue the woman that scrubbed my nuts while I was in ICU when I was 16 years old? She woke me up from my morphine induced slumber.

Well your'e a Dude so....no.

It only applies to the 'fairer sex'.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Bwahahahahahahah....

Well your'e a Dude so....no.

It only applies to the 'fairer sex'.

Typically the rake only goes over the coals in one direction...

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finalized our architectural design for the Montana property overlooking flathead lake.
I photoshopped the design photos into my pictures I snapped on the property in August.
We're so excited!
Cutting Driveway and clearing lot in April/May, Forest Service will come in and clear potential fire hazard trees (what a concept, being pro-active to clearing dead wood to prevent forest fires! Maybe Inslee can learn something from Montana?

We are drilling well in July. and breaking ground for foundation in 2019.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a couple of questions:

Was there any consideration of metal roofing, given the heavy snowfalls?

Those portions of the entry, garage and porch roofs seem awfully flat (again, snow load consideration)

You do have a zombie safe underground bunker planned for under the house?

Are there plans for solar? Wind? and generator?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Those portions of the entry, garage and porch roofs seem awfully flat (again, snow load consideration)

Jim,
We discussed metal roof with builder when we met with them week before last. They said it's an option but expensive one. They have a shingle they use on their MT homes that it suited for cold harsh weather with a heavy snowfall load.

The porch roof will be able to sustain quite a heavy load, these guys are used to building for MT winters.

I do have plans for a safe room but I am not going to identify where it will be just yet, could be zombies listening in. LOL!

No plans for solar/wind. Yes on the generator. I'll have a 2nd fuse box wired into the main and a receptacle plug outside near the side of the garage for the generator. Same set up I've had in my current home for 20 years.

Home heat source will be heat pump supplemented by propane. About 50/50 use heat pump vs Propane.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Jim,
We discussed metal roof with builder when we met with them week before last. They said it's an option but expensive one. They have a shingle they use on their MT homes that it suited for cold harsh weather with a heavy snowfall load.

The porch roof will be able to sustain quite a heavy load, these guys are used to building for MT winters.

I do have plans for a safe room but I am not going to identify where it will be just yet, could be zombies listening in. LOL!

No plans for solar/wind. Yes on the generator. I'll have a 2nd fuse box wired into the main and a receptacle plug outside near the side of the garage for the generator. Same set up I've had in my current home for 20 years.

Home heat source will be heat pump supplemented by propane. About 50/50 use heat pump vs Propane.

Damn that looks great! My wife's Aunt and Uncle live in Montana and lost their home to the wildfires this summer. He is almost finished rebuilding his place and although it was pricey, he went with the metal roof option. Not just for snowfall, but for also fire danger.

It is a HUGE cost, but well worth it.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, if the fire is close enough to be dropping embers on your metal roof, it's more than likely going to overcome your property and house so metal roof for fire prevent is sort of a moot point when you're talking living in the mountains. ;)

There are a lot metal-roofed ashes in these wildfireares.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Well, if the fire is close enough to be dropping embers on your metal roof, it's more than likely overcome your property and house so metal roof for fire prevent is sort of a moot point when you're talking living in the mountains. ;)

Embers fly way beyond the fire line :peep:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's the HOT embers you have to worry about. If they hot enough to be landing on your roof, you're house is as good as a goner.

Edit: I might add, Using fire-rated roofing shingles has the same effect as a metal roof. Cheaper than metal but they don't look as nice as metal. But hey, you can walk on your roof!

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why the hell are steel roofs so expensive?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Why the hell are steel roofs so expensive?

Some companies provide a lifetime warranty on them. I looked into getting one a few years back when I had a new roof put on, but it was about $20k too rich for my blood.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698 ... 1551  Next