Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 735, 736, 737, 738, 739, 740, 741 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:
dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Friend of mine got in on the Mens Room today.

Told the story of how she and her friends dang near burnt a house down smoking weed when she was a late teen/early 20's.

But did she make a burglar crap his pants or machete a possum?

You call the Mens Room and not tell me?

Nah. Those two stories were told the show this evening.

Dangit...missed em.

Musta' been lookin' on line at the Foster web site.

You're a GunCrack salesman.

I cant think straight.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Put the portable AC/heat pump back online.
Was freezing up with the cold temps.
3X the efficiency of the ceramic heater, heats the living room and most of upstairs great.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a call from my boss, he’s based out of our CA office. He said “I’ve been thinking about getting a pistol”. I swear I heard Angels sing. I told him on his next trip up here, I will take him shooting. This will be the third boss from our CA office that I’ve converted. Our twice yearly trade show is next week in Vegas, he said “ have some good websites ready for me”. [emoji3]

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Today, in response to my less than 2.5lb carry gun's trigger weight I was told,

Quote:
No manufacturer or legit gunsmith sets carry guns at 2.5.

I've had enough people tell me, "You can't do this.", "You can't do that". We'll here I am, do all those things. Thanks for fueling my fire.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:05 pm
Profile WWW

dreadi wrote:

Quote:

I've had enough people tell me, "You can't do this.", "You can't do that". We'll here I am, do all those things. Thanks for fueling my fire.

That is pretty light for a 1911.... as long as you are comfortable with it. I know mine is just a tad over 2# --- its still kinda scary -- its a range gun so its never carried C&L. I think the reason everyone says that is the implication in the event of a ND/AD. I prefer 3.5# for carry, but still not comfortable with C&L.... thats why I have a 92.

I will admit such a light trigger is AWESOME --- take up the (minimal) slack and all you have to do is think 'pull the trigger' --- it still catches me by surprise once and a while. No glock boi will appreciate that feel....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
dreadi wrote:

Quote:

That is pretty light for a 1911.... as long as you are comfortable with it. I know mine is just a tad over 2# --- its still kinda scary -- its a range gun so its never carried C&L. I think the reason everyone says that is the implication in the event of a ND/AD. I prefer 3.5# for carry, but still not comfortable with C&L.... thats why I have a 92.

I will admit such a light trigger is AWESOME --- take up the (minimal) slack and all you have to do is think 'pull the trigger' --- it still catches me by surprise once and a while. No glock boi will appreciate that feel....

It's all about dry fire practice (which I don't do enough of lol). I'd carry a 2.5#, maybe down to 2. One of my competition 2011s is set at 1.75#, I need to get the other one to match.
Part of the reason so many don't recommend it is legal issues surrounding self defense. I don't think it's every been used in court ("you have a modified trigger, you wanted to shoot someone!") but I don't know for sure.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm

JohnMBrowning wrote:
dreadi wrote:

Quote:

JMB has SPOKEN! I will take this post and mount it on the wall. My bonafides have arrived! John, today, the internet hurt my feelings. Thanks for being there for me. :4couple:

Duke EB wrote:
Part of the reason so many don't recommend it is legal issues surrounding self defense. I don't think it's every been used in court ("you have a modified trigger, you wanted to shoot someone!") but I don't know for sure.

There is much of that conjecture.

Duke EB wrote:
I need to get the other one to match.

You should take that to a legitimate gunsmith.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're too legit to quit! I'm going to take both of them to JPL precision actually, as he has short sti triggers in stock for my 6".

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:
Got a call from my boss, he’s based out of our CA office. He said “I’ve been thinking about getting a pistol”. I swear I heard Angels sing. I told him on his next trip up here, I will take him shooting. This will be the third boss from our CA office that I’ve converted. Our twice yearly trade show is next week in Vegas, he said “ have some good websites ready for me”. [emoji3]

Be careful, ANTIFA and other leftist tools are trying to learn how to shoot, that`s why I`ve suspended my teaching newcomers for the foreseeable future, unless I know the person well.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
Wacarry wrote:

Be careful, ANTIFA and other leftist tools are trying to learn how to shoot, that`s why I`ve suspended my teaching newcomers for the foreseeable future, unless I know the person well.

His boss.

I doubt someone in a corporate leadership position would have the time or inclination to be a member of ANTIFA.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I caught that, but anybody can harbor beliefs, or teach what they`ve learned. I`m not saying WaCarry shouldn`t be happy, only that he should be very selective and careful as to what he teaches.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hear what you’re saying Fjord, but I’ve known him a long time. He’s uber conservative and thinks CA is messed up as much as we do. He’s there because of a huge paycheck and plans to retire in AZ.
Since he’s from CA I will only trust him with one round at a time [emoji3]

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Playing a Fife on him, are you? :ROFLMAO:

If you have confidence in him have a whale of a time, and be sure to share pics for us!

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thefuryoffire wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:
Wacarry wrote:

His boss.

I doubt someone in a corporate leadership position would have the time or inclination to be a member of ANTIFA.

Yeah, they just fund them. *coughsoroscough*

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Friend of mine got in on the Mens Room today.

Told the story of how she and her friends dang near burnt a house down smoking weed when she was a late teen/early 20's.

Haa haa haa haa I heard that story, funny as hell.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 735, 736, 737, 738, 739, 740, 741 ... 1551  Next