Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Installed some 55 galllon drums on three of my down spouts(...)

Did you ask for the King's permission? :shocked4:

I've answered that question both here, and TOS numerous times. You DON"T have to get a permit to collect roof water anymore for years. :facepalm2:

:yes: since 2009 king got smart and reversed it, now only if it was for our toys

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Installed some 55 galllon drums on three of my down spouts(...)

Did you ask for the King's permission? :shocked4:

No permit needed hoss

Political commentary - not serious.....

You need a permit for everything these days....

'If it pleases the King, may I.......?'

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
The kids mom called it callk, heavy on the L.

I told her the proper pronunciation.
She said there was no way she was making a trip to the hardware store and asking for 'cock'.

She was correct.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last week, I received a phone call from a relative I don't hear from often. He said he wanted to introduce me to the CEO of a firearm manufacturing company. He sent an email to make the introduction, and yesterday I spoke to him on the phone. Today, he emailed me asking for my resume. I have no idea if it'll go anywhere, but it still makes my day knowing that the door has opened.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I slept through the Eclipse.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Uhhh...

nope

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Uhhh...

nope

His real name is Pablostradamus. He was seeing the future...

:bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having a tire machine

Wife had a slow air leak, wait, err... A tire on her Rav4 had a slow air leak. She texted me that the TPMS light came on again today (I had aired it up earlier in the week). Took me a half hour to pull the tire and patch/plug it the right way.

Most of my friends make fun of me for having a tire machine... until they need it.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Was working on a report for a client.
Lights went out, heard beeping from the UPS's throughout the house.
Power blackout for 5 minutes.
No data lost.
TV, cable, internet, VPN's, all computers still running.
Only thing that was out was half the house lighting, the light to the grandfather clock (how I tell if power is out), automatic espresso maker did a reboot, and had to reset the oven clock.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I usually just go to Schwab or Discount Tire and have them do it for free (interior patch and re-balance) in the very rare occasions I need them.
Takes about a half hour including travel time there and back.
Not sure how thick E rated light truck tires are, but I've pulled out drywall screws that were over 3/4" into the tire and they still didn't leak.
Edit: Ya know, in 15+ years of owning that truck I've had one tire leak and that was in 2003. 8 penny nail.

RocketScott wrote:
Having a tire machine

Wife had a slow air leak, wait, err... A tire on her Rav4 had a slow air leak. She texted me that the TPMS light came on again today (I had aired it up earlier in the week). Took me a half hour to pull the tire and patch/plug it the right way.

Most of my friends make fun of me for having a tire machine... until they need it.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not going to argue with you there, but If anyone's going to plug my wife's holes, it's going to be me.

Guntrader wrote:
I usually just go to Schwab or Discount Tire and have them do it for free (interior patch and re-balance) in the very rare occasions I need them.
Takes about a half hour including travel time there and back.
Not sure how thick E rated light truck tires are, but I've pulled out drywall screws that were over 3/4" into the tire and they still didn't leak.
Edit: Ya know, in 15+ years of owning that truck I've had one tire leak and that was in 2003. 8 penny nail.

RocketScott wrote:
Having a tire machine

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RocketScott wrote:
Not going to argue with you there, but If anyone's going to plug my wife's holes, it's going to be me.

No argument there!

If I do it myself on the side of the road I use a core kit, but internal patch like tire shops use seems more secure? I dunno.
Did a core on my Harley tire and it lasted for 3 years until the tire wore out.

Do you have a balance machine too or do you mark the tire/wheel?
Or does your tire machine also do balancing?

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

No argument there!

If I do it myself on the side of the road I use a core kit, but internal patch like tire shops use seems more secure? I dunno.
Did a core on my Harley tire and it lasted for 3 years until the tire wore out.

Do you have a balance machine too or do you mark the tire/wheel?
Or does your tire machine also do balancing?

I marked the wheel and set it in the same place when I remounted.

There's a big difference between an external plug and what I did.

And internal patch/plug is the only repair that maintains the speed rating of the tire.

I did a lot of research after getting a roofing nail in the rear tire of my R1 a week after mounting it. Had it been the front tire I wouldn't have tried but on the rear, right in the middle of the tread, I felt ok with it. The angle of the injury makes a difference too.

I wasn't timing myself either, a half hour was just a ballpark estimate. There's no way driving to the tire shop and doing what I did would be faster than doing it myself in my shop. On top of that they probably would have fed my wife some BS about the tire not being fixable and on top of that not being able to replace just one tire safely, I mean state law and all...

Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:07 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ya, a brake shop pulled that shit on my mom, said they were a 'licensed brake shop' and 'could not legally let her leave without her having the brakes done' for over $1,200.
I told her to call 911 and say she was being extorted over illegal brake repairs.
And if that didn't work, I'd be on the next ferry over.
They gladly let her take her car back, and I did the brakes in an hour for $50 in parts or so.

RocketScott wrote:

On top of that they probably would have fed my wife some BS about the tire not being fixable and on top of that not being able to replace just one tire safely, I mean state law and all...

Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Ya, a brake shop pulled that shit on my mom, said they were a 'licensed brake shop' and 'could not legally let her leave without her having the brakes done' for over $1,200.

In MD, shops can be held liable (and lose their license) for allowing unsafe vehicles that would not pass inspection back onto the road.

Critical items such as brakes, tires, steering, etc. means they can hold the vehicle until it's fixed, towed, or police are called....

Nanny state gov't at its best....

But yeah, women tend to get fucked over when it comes to repair.. My ex went to a shop that CHARGED HER for a safety recall, and not only charged her, but overcharged her significantly... Like $800 for a 30 min job with a $40 part...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654 ... 1551  Next