Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reading this SR-71 story always brings a good smile.

http://tribunist.com/technology/sr-71-b ... eed-check/

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Who Will Really Pay? Mexico Plans Retaliation Over Trump's Border Wall But Ted Cruz Has A Cunning Plan

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-26/who-will-really-pay-mexico-plans-retaliation-over-trumps-border-wall-ted-cruz-has-cu

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :thumbsup2: :bow: :bonghit:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Wetpaperbag wrote:
Reading this SR-71 story always brings a good smile.

http://tribunist.com/technology/sr-71-b ... eed-check/

All I had to see was eed check on the link. That is always funny, such a bad ass plane

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:

Rattlesnake?

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Captain90s wrote:

Rattlesnake?

No.

Mountain and lake.

Oh wait. Driftwood and rocks too!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

NWGunner wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
AR15L wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
I got an email from my old regional manager last night from the company I used to work at, and the person who had held the Ops manager spot for the west coast for the past 15 years is retiring. I was asked if I would be interested in coming back and taking that position.

On one hand that would be a giant pay increase, but also would come with a giant headache and lots of travel. Hmmmmmm...

Do it.
Don't be afraid of change.

its not the change that has me second guessing, its the constant travel.

There would need to be an end in sight.

Travel sounds okay until you have to do it a lot. And it's not just that you're gone, it's when you're gone.

You're weekend is corrupted if you have to be there by Monday; the plans you made to make it up to the wife & kids gets 'goosed', 'cause you have to stay an extra day, birthdays get missed, etc.

It gets old quickly.

There would need to be an end in sight for me, like, okay, do this for two years, and then........an end game.

No end game, you get locked into the money, adjust your life accordingly, and then you're stuck.

Just my two cents, and it's worth exactly what you payed for it ! :ROFLMAO:

Glad your company is noticing you & you have opportunities, just look at all the angles,which it sounds like you're doing.

Your cutie in the pic awhile back with glasses and a Seahawk jersey is only gonna think you're the greatest for so long.....enjoy it, Bruddha :thumbsup2:

+250

My YL knew the drill when she signed up. If she wasn't cool with it, we'd be toast.

Speaking of her....

She came home and told me she passed all of her Hunter's Ed requirements. The city girl from Seattle will soon be a woodsman. Woodswoman? Ah heck whatever. Just get the animal on the ground!

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
AR15L wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
I got an email from my old regional manager last night from the company I used to work at, and the person who had held the Ops manager spot for the west coast for the past 15 years is retiring. I was asked if I would be interested in coming back and taking that position.

On one hand that would be a giant pay increase, but also would come with a giant headache and lots of travel. Hmmmmmm...

Do it.
Don't be afraid of change.

its not the change that has me second guessing, its the constant travel.

I know plenty of folks that regularly travel for work, and I was once one of them. Most hate it, and I hated it. Put your priorities in order. You'll be away from wife, family, and hobbies and living out of suitcases, and eating out frequently, and no consistent gym time or schedule; - that's a terrible lifestyle. TSA, planes to catch, rental cars, hotel beds, sleeping in airports and on airplanes, lots of lonely nights. Man, I absolutely hated my travel for work. Ruined some relationships for sure.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya I quit my last job and came to this company because of the increased travel. Living out of a suitcase for 2+ weeks a month was shitty. Now if I was single, no kids, and lived in a condo I would be good with it but since my life is a complete 180 from that Im going to pass.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Rattlesnake?

No.

Mountain and lake.

Oh wait. Driftwood and rocks too!

Spada Lake :thumbsup2:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Went down to my theater and watched a movie for the first time in awhile.
A Bronx Tale, great movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106489/
I forgot how much more into a movie you can get and the realism with a 12 foot screen that extends down to the floor and no kids asking you questions.
Only 1080p, would like a 4K but not willing to spend the bucks yet.

I either need to spend more time down there or just get a smaller house. Easily have 1,000 sq ft I never use.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Knowing that the dumbass in Kansas City who pulled a gun on a Jimmy John's employee is now in custody. :thumbsup2:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/28/kansas-city-jimmy-johns-worker-calmly-hands-over-cash-with-gun-to-his-head.html

He's not just a dumbass for committing armed robbery. He's also a dumbass because he doesn't know how to operate his weapon. He cocked the gun after pulling it out, but he didn't even realize that the round got stuck on the feed ramp, so the slide never went into battery. That's what happens

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Is Jimmy Johns any good? Expensive? They have one in Lynnwood.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like Jimmy John's. It's not my favorite, but it's good. The prices are reasonable. I just like that I can be in and out of there in 2 minutes.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:

Good? I'd say so, but their subs are a little small. Fast? Yes. Expensive? For what you get, yes.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Guntrader wrote:

I give them a solid meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576 ... 1551  Next