Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 812, 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

The real bad news is my 10 year old water heater is leaking, and not the cheap leak through the spigot. Got a bucket under it now (it's elevated) and looking to replace, maybe go tankless. That'll be a large outlay. :frust:

And just dropped my phone hard. Won't turn on. :frust: Tried some reboot techniques. No bueno. Anyone got a spare new phone laying around??? :thumbsup2:

ouch, thats just about right for it to go,if you did the once a yr flush it will go a little longer. tankless you'll get 20-30..

ar15 got one. not sure how its worth it or problems love the S5.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=82942

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Driving to Klein Honda in Everett. Making a low ball offer. End up leaving.

Then get a call back........so driving all the way back.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Surprise medical bills. My daughter was born four months ago and they're still rolling in. The pediatrician that the hospital MADE us see before we could be discharged - billed our insurance $1,200 for a 3-minute cursory exam, of which we're responsible for $200+. That's $24,000/hr. Such bullshit.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Surprise medical bills. My daughter was born four months ago and they're still rolling in. The pediatrician that the hospital MADE us see before we could be discharged - billed our insurance $1,200 for a 3-minute cursory exam, of which we're responsible for $200+. That's $24,000/hr. Such bullshit.

Yeah that sucks. Ditto for my knee surgery. Loved the separate (double bill essentially) for the anesthesiologist actually 2 minute chat BEFORE they rolled me into the operating room, and then the bill from the same doc for the actual work. They came like 2 days apart 2 months later. Stupid.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
laneends wrote:
Day two stuck in Dutch harbor, trying to get home.

The Aleutians??? Why?

If you mean why am I here, because I work on a processing ship in the engine room. My rotation was up and I'm supposed be home enjoying the sunshine...

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:23 am

Came home last night (around 8 pm) to water all over the bathroom floor. Could see where it was coming through the light fixture and paint over the shower was bubbled up.

Maintenance came right away, the washing machine upstairs had overflowed. He poked a hole in my ceiling above my shower to let the water out and said they'd be back "tomorrow or Monday" to replace that part of the ceiling.

This morning I notice the floor in front of my washer seems very wet, which I didn't notice last night, but I can't see anywhere else water is coming through.

Since they'll be painting in my bathroom, I have to take my bird elsewhere. Tiny respiratory system + fumes = dead bird. So off I go this morning to get a smaller, more portable cage for her. Find one that will work for only $50 so feeling good.

Back home, cleaning the cage up at my kitchen sink, and I realize I'm standing in a puddle of water. I reach under the sink to grab a rag and I see that the pipe has disconnected from itself. Another call to maintenance "I'll send someone over" but who know how long that will take?!?! So now I can't use my sink OR my shower, I'll probably wind up taking the bird and myself either to a hotel or my boyfriend's house tonight. And probably take birdie to work tomorrow. On the plus side - thank God I rent and someone else has to come fix all this for me, and also that I work someplace that taking the bird to work isn't exactly encouraged, but in an emergency is okay.

Pictures for your amusement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugh. I know I'm supposed to be amused, but I can't get there. :frust:

That sucks, Inger. Hopefully they can get that stuff patched up quickly, and get you back home. Seriously, who would want to go life with the boyfriend... :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been battling so many fucking headaches.

A few months ago this girl was making me dinner at my house. It was the worst meal I've ever had cooked for me by a date. She burned the salad. Yes, you read that right. She cooked the salad veggies and burned them, setting off the smoke alarms. She went to add salt and dumped the whole shaker onto the cooking veggies. The food was so bad we both threw it away. And she apparently PUNCHED the stove display, breaking the four plastic clips that hold the display on. Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8rr57_z30

I've finally gotten around to fixing it. WTF would they make a display secured by 4 thin plastic clips, which if broken take a mountain of time and money to fix??? How much would it have cost to design it with metal brackets, a nickel? Sooooo f************** aggravated right now. HOURS of time pulling it out and messing with it. Looking for a solution to fix, longer screws and washers, etc. A tight little spot to work on it. GGGGGRRRRRRRRR

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All you need to do is unscrew the ring on the lower pipe a little, push it up onto the upper pipe, and tighten it back down hand tight. Might need to take it completely apart and clean the gunk off.

Not your responsibility but sometimes it's just easier to do it yourself rather than wait for other people.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:38 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
I've been battling so many fucking headaches.

A few months ago this girl was making me dinner at my house. It was the worst meal I've ever had cooked for me by a date. She burned the salad. Yes, you read that right. She cooked the salad veggies and burned them, setting off the smoke alarms. She went to add salt and dumped the whole shaker onto the cooking veggies. The food was so bad we both threw it away. And she apparently PUNCHED the stove display, breaking the four plastic clips that hold the display on. Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8rr57_z30

I've finally gotten around to fixing it. WTF would they make a display secured by 4 thin plastic clips, which if broken take a mountain of time and money to fix??? How much would it have cost to design it with metal brackets, a nickel? Sooooo f************** aggravated right now. HOURS of time pulling it out and messing with it. Looking for a solution to fix, longer screws and washers, etc. A tight little spot to work on it. GGGGGRRRRRRRRR

Why would someone punch the stove is maybe a better question. Hope she's not still cooking for you. That's some anger issues right there.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:24 pm

RocketScott wrote:

All you need to do is unscrew the ring on the lower pipe a little, push it up onto the upper pipe, and tighten it back down hand tight. Might need to take it completely apart and clean the gunk off.

Not your responsibility but sometimes it's just easier to do it yourself rather than wait for other people.

Maintenance is pretty quick here. He's been and fixed that already. The bathroom is a different story. It has to dry before they can even start to fix it so there's a big fan running in there now. He says AT LEAST overnight for that and then probably a 3 day job with patch/mud/texture/paint. Uggghhhhhhhhh.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well she didn't literally punch the stove, but I've use that stove without issue for 5 years and the first time she used it, she must have really pushed quite hard on the display to break the 4 plastic clips on the back. Granted it's a far-too flimsy design.

I'm sitting here pretty furious about the massive waste of time and probably going to be money now to fix something that is a piss poor design with cheap materials. Prime example of an engineer that should be fined, sanctioned, and never allowed to engineer anything again.

This "fix" is now consuming my Sunday, HOURS of it, and will require a drive to the hardware store for some sort of clamp or solution to this. HOURS of time. F*** these companies that design garbage.

This one is Kenmore. My Kenmore refrigerator also failed, but was thankfully under warranty. I will NEVER buy a Kenmore again.

As a consumer I have zero recourse. It's out of warranty, and every company builds garbage with hidden defects that surface years later.

Had this been build with 1 metal retaining bracket, it would have cost maybe a nickel and never been a problem ever for anybody. But apparently it's enough of a problem that there's multiple Youtube videos on replacing them.

So I'm left with either incompetence engineering, or a designed point of failure on purpose.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Well she didn't literally punch the stove, but I've use that stove without issue for 5 years and the first time she used it, she must have really pushed quite hard on the display to break the 4 plastic clips on the back. Granted it's a far-too flimsy design.

I'm sitting here pretty furious about the massive waste of time and probably going to be money now to fix something that is a piss poor design with cheap materials. Prime example of an engineer that should be fined, sanctioned, and never allowed to engineer anything again.

This "fix" is now consuming my Sunday, HOURS of it, and will require a drive to the hardware store for some sort of clamp or solution to this. HOURS of time. F*** these companies that design garbage.

This one is Kenmore. My Kenmore refrigerator also failed, but was thankfully under warranty. I will NEVER buy a Kenmore again.

As a consumer I have zero recourse. It's out of warranty, and every company builds garbage with hidden defects that surface years later.

Had this been build with 1 metal retaining bracket, it would have cost maybe a nickel and never been a problem ever for anybody. But apparently it's enough of a problem that there's multiple Youtube videos on replacing them.

So I'm left with either incompetence engineering, or a designed point of failure on purpose.

Planned Obsolescence

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I will NEVER buy a Kenmore again.

The Kenmore name is stuck on whatever company made a deal with Sears that year...

Hell, even different Model lines... You might have a Kenmore refrigerator made by Amana/Whirlpool, and a Kenmore Elite made by Samsung, and the next year the 'all new' Elite would be made by LG..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

If it's so flimsy why have'nt you broke it in 5 yrs

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 812, 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818 ... 1908  Next