Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 948, 949, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BadKarma wrote:
Simmer down.

+1

It shouldn’t be that hard to accept that the same product will work fine for one person and won’t work well for another. That’s true of every single product on the market.

There’s no “right answer” here.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:15 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:23 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

L_O_G wrote:
There was a group buy posted on here I want to say last year or the year before where a company was selling blem Yugo mags. I ended up buying 20 and I don't think I have gone through them all, but I haven't had any issues with the ones I have used.

Same here. IIRC I bought PSA blem mags. 2 of them wouldn't lock into my AK's so I just junked the bodies and kept the follower/spring/baseplates in my AK parts box. Went out and ran the other 8 hard with no issues. Tossed them in the box with my other AK mags. Unless they have some different stamping on them I think anyone would be hard pressed to find the "blem" mags.

Magpul AK mags have been hit and miss on fitment. I found that in a couple of my AK's the magwell was too narrow to fit the thick polymer mag body and I really had to force them in there. My Mak-90 on the other hand loves all mags, and all mags love it. :4couple:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
There was a group buy posted on here I want to say last year or the year before where a company was selling blem Yugo mags. I ended up buying 20 and I don't think I have gone through them all, but I haven't had any issues with the ones I have used.

Same here. IIRC I bought PSA blem mags. 2 of them wouldn't lock into my AK's so I just junked the bodies and kept the follower/spring/baseplates in my AK parts box. Went out and ran the other 8 hard with no issues. Tossed them in the box with my other AK mags. Unless they have some different stamping on them I think anyone would be hard pressed to find the "blem" mags.

Magpul AK mags have been hit and miss on fitment. I found that in a couple of my AK's the magwell was too narrow to fit the thick polymer mag body and I really had to force them in there. My Mak-90 on the other hand loves all mags, and all mags love it. :4couple:

WTF would you junk AK mag bodies? Makes no sense.

Anyway, for my input, AK mags and AKs vary. I think that's established. It's annoying that not all fit well, but with enough mags and AKs you'll find a good fit without form fitting. Perhaps just put a color code on your mags if you have a variety of AKs.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This message has been "lost" by the FBI.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I tried modifying mags to fit my sksm. Didn't really work.
Modified the rifle a wee bit..... Perfect.
I should get some Croatian mags.

lol

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

leadcounsel wrote:

Because the locking latch was welded too low preventing them from locking in. I think I paid $3 for steel mags. If you saw how many mags I have you'd understand why I junked the bodies.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I really hope that those Croatian “blems” weren’t dimensionally off. That would be bullshit. A “blem” is a cosmetic issue, unless it’s specifically disclosed.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Hi-Point high capacity Promags work fine.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
I really hope that those Croatian “blems” weren’t dimensionally off. That would be bullshit. A “blem” is a cosmetic issue, unless it’s specifically disclosed.

Don't know if my blem mags were Croation or not. But if you held a good mag next to one of the two that wouldn't fit the problem was clear as day. The little nub that engages the mag catch was way too low.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
If you saw how many mags I have you'd understand why I junked the bodies.

Ballllllllllllllleeeeerrrrrrrrr!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

L_O_G wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
If you saw how many mags I have you'd understand why I junked the bodies.

Ballllllllllllllleeeeerrrrrrrrr!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Because the locking latch was welded too low preventing them from locking in. I think I paid $3 for steel mags. If you saw how many mags I have you'd understand why I junked the bodies.

Eh, I am deeeeeeeep in mags too. But I wouldn't toss out a steel mag just because it was dimensionally off for one particular AK, because it probably fits several others perfectly. I have piles of mags that fit one AK but not another AK.

Not trying to pick a fight, but seems shortsighted. $3 mag. might be a $100 mag with the stroke of a pen. I hope not, but just sayin...

Then again, I don't throw useful things away. I'll just give it away rather than trash it. Anyway, carry on.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

leadcounsel wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Eh, I am deeeeeeeep in mags too. But I wouldn't toss out a steel mag just because it was dimensionally off for one particular AK, because it probably fits several others perfectly. I have piles of mags that fit one AK but not another AK.

Not trying to pick a fight, but seems shortsighted. $3 mag. might be a $100 mag with the stroke of a pen. I hope not, but just sayin...

Then again, I don't throw useful things away. I'll just give it away rather than trash it. Anyway, carry on.

I tried a WASR, RAS, and Mak-90. I'm not looking for cinderella slippers here. If it won't fit any of those I'm pretty sure it's just not meant to be.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made sure the ak mags I have fit and function in all of the things I have that take them.
Interchangeability ftw

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 948, 949, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954 ... 1908  Next