Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:33 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 794 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

City of Redmond Building Dept. (and every other City's Building Dept. now-a-days)

Interaction with said departments, needless to say, drives the cost of the project up by multiples of the project's value, and scuttled this deal. :angryfire: Taxes, intake fees, inspection fees, taxes based on the accumulated total of those taxes and fees (they tax the tax). Frack them.

Used to be, One could walk in with a plan scribbled on a lunch napkin (mine were always nicely scaled drawings which drew compliments), pay the $200 or so dollars and walk away happy-happy.

Now all forms must be submitted in electronic form (CD or thumb-drive) with forms "flattened" and on one page. Question: How does One "flatten" a form?

And good luck getting a form if the project One seeks to do isn't listed on their "A-Z List of Permits We Offer". (and yes, I was informed it still required a permit even though not listed).

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

airmandan wrote:
So many "random security checks" on the return trip home. You'd think the US government would be more trusting of a single, military age male traveling with no luggage who is returning from Afghanistan!

Welcome home brother. Thanks for what you did over there!

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you are going to post a review of a firearm on YouTube at least shoot said firearm. Talking about the box, paperwork, the accessories and how it feels in the hand is a waste of time you long winded fools. Rounds down range! That's what matters.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SFCRMSA wrote:
If you are going to post a review of a firearm on YouTube at least shoot said firearm. Talking about the box, paperwork, the accessories and how it feels in the hand is a waste of time you long winded fools. Rounds down range! That's what matters.

Amen brother

Divided we fall.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Fucked up my rotator cuff on my way to work because I had to shift so much. Thanks wsdot for working on i5 so everyone goes down 167 and side roadsn getting into seatac

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Fucked up my rotator cuff on my way to work because I had to shift so much. Thanks wsdot for working on i5 so everyone goes down 167 and side roadsn getting into seatac

Hope you feel better and give that shoulder some rest. :cheers2:

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Done that twice. Two surgeries. 6-12' month rehab each time

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Arisaka wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Done that twice. Two surgeries. 6-12' month rehab each time

I've been needing surgery for 15 years or so. I just avoid anything that will hurt it, like throwing a ball more than 20 ft. Funny thing is I once messed it up picking up a pair of jeans off the floor.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got to my property Saturday morning and noticed some squirrels decided to gnaw their way into the screened in porch we have off of one of the 5th wheelers an take up residence. Ran to Lowes to grab some crap to fix the damage, and $100 later I was back on the road. I was pissed for an hour or so after getting back, until' I found them and they died, then I felt better about things.

We were up there a little over 2 weeks ago and didn't see any signs of them being there. Destructive little fuckers.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My kid graduated friday.

He is doing his first batch of thank you cards for the grad gifts he received recently.

Has a couple done and goes to filling out the front of the envelope.

He does the name, street address, city, state and zip all in one line..... :gibbs:

The fuk they teaching these kids in school now a days.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
My kid graduated friday.

He is doing his first batch of thank you cards for the grad gifts he received recently.

Has a couple done and goes to filling out the front of the envelope.

He does the name, street address, city, state and zip all in one line..... :gibbs:

The fuk they teaching these kids in school now a days.

good on the manners, not so many do that any more,

the wtf part, see how he fills out a checkbook, funny to see some clients do this

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

So far in 2017 I payed triple what I payed in income taxes from last year on April 15th, Property tax April 30, Estimated 2018 Income tax again June 15, got a Use Tax scare letter from the Wa D. O. Revenue last week and Today I get a love letter from Wa State Dept of Ecology saying I owe double what I payed last year for Hazardous Generator Fee.

No explanation of the cause of the increase.... just pay by X$$$$$$ by 7/19/2017.

Let alone the cost of healthcare insurance...which Barry labeled a Tax.

Seems like running a small business is becoming a lose, lose proposition.

BOHICA

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going back to work today after having the last 13 days off.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pull into Safeway gas Duvall. Tank being filled. I look up giant storm of insects around a light. Look down. On the ground too. Winged ants. Just then something drops in the collar of my button down Oxford blue short sleeve.

And immediately starts biting the fuck out of my middle back. Try getting my hand down there. No. Dammit. Strip my shit and undershirt. Got the nasty bugger. What the actual fuck.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got rear bumper patterned, cut, welded, metal etched and treated, Bondo and glazed over grinding and scuff marks, sealed, light coats of sanding primer with hours of repeated block sanding, sealed that and two light pre coats of urethane before wet sanding.
Fucker has little blisters all over, just hundreds of tiny blisters that have to be fully removed....
Something is still gassing off or from some of my older stock I used is bad. I probably have 20+ hours into massage work alone into it, not counting the fitting an cutting and welding, that's now wasted, to include the spendy urethane....
Opening up the box of 120 grit an taking it all back down to metal tonight to start the process all over again. Bout ready to shake an spray the bitch now...
Fuck a duck.......I'm tired of doing projects.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 28628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 794 ... 1909  Next