General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: What has pissed you off today?

Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:44 pm

Jury summons. I have nobody to cover for m mom's care needs and no way to get to the courthouse.

And mom REFUSES to go see her doctor and get the notes that the jury office wants when our numbers are up... she just got called a few months ago.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:22 pm

Diamondback wrote:Jury summons. I have nobody to cover for m mom's care needs and no way to get to the courthouse.

And mom REFUSES to go see her doctor and get the notes that the jury office wants when our numbers are up... she just got called a few months ago.

I got one a month or so ago. I just sent them an email requesting to be excused and explained why - they did so without issue.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:24 pm

I got my second summons in my life last summer. NO way they wanted me on a jury, but I did have to go one day. Ugg.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:30 pm

First, we got new genders and pronouns, now ILLEGAL immigrants are now called "Newcomers"

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:59 pm

It's a communism thing, Chuck. Division by class and race. Destruction of the "Four Olds".

Here's a lady who went through it in Dchina in the sixties and seventies and describes seeing it here now.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:59 pm

golddigger14s wrote:First, we got new genders and pronouns, now ILLEGAL immigrants are now called "Newcomers"

One could say, we're an Alien Nation....

Alien-Nation-1988-James-Caan-Mandy-Patinkin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:32 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Diamondback wrote:Jury summons. I have nobody to cover for m mom's care needs and no way to get to the courthouse.

I got one a month or so ago. I just sent them an email requesting to be excused and explained why - they did so without issue.

I'm almost 4O and i've never even replied..... The swat team hasnt kicked down my door for it either?

On a serious note, yes i should exercise my civic duty, but also i cant miss out on a days pay.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:06 pm

While fueling up the big excavator, I look down and notice an odd fuel pattern coming from the nozzle into the tanks neck.

Fuck me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:47 am

Woke up yesterday to a pinhole leak in my incoming copper flex to the hot water heater. I had to shut off the water at the pump since the main valve in the house didn't seem to close it all the way. Fix wasn't hard other than the fact I needed to solder on a fresh threaded piece since the old setup was directly soldered on to the incoming pipe (semi-old school).

Well...wouldn't you know it...when I brought everything back up, the main valve started leaking pretty good. It was obviously already failing so I wasn't super surprised, but it's much harder to work on in its little cubby inside the wall (about a 8"x8" cutout with a door). Got a new Sharkbite valve but when I tried to separate the existing pipe from the bad valve, I dented the pipe up pretty good. So now I'm evaluating my options since calling a plumber way out here in the boonies is pretty expensive.

For added suck factor, I finally picked up a new-to-me S&W 14-3 SAO that I was hoping to go through and make purty for a range sesh...so much for that!

Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:57 am

Snowed all day yesterday.

Stuck at 34°F and the stuff isn't melting.

Screw Canada!

Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:50 pm

Crisis averted --- had a friend from church come and slap in a PEX + Sharkbite setup in about 45 minutes!

Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:50 pm

hkcavalier wrote:Crisis averted --- had a friend from church come and slap in a PEX + Sharkbite setup in about 45 minutes!

Nice.

Figured in a couple weeks you would need a shower. :bigsmile: :thumbsup2: :rofl9:

Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:38 pm

The ongoing criminal enterprise called the Democrat Party and its war on modern civilization all the way down to home heating.

First you can't have gas het, then they'll try to mandate that homes over a certain age be torn down to build new... Olympia and Seattle are metastatic rectal carcinomas that need radiation therapy, STAT.

Paging Dr. LeMay, Dr. Curtis E. LeMay, please pick up the red emergency phone...

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:33 pm

Been going round and round with the service department and my vehicle warranty company to get approval for repairs. Service department says they don't have approval from the warranty company, the warranty company says the selling dealer (of the warranty) needs to release the vehicle for the other service department to repair, the selling dealer says they released it, but the warranty company says they have no release. Car has been in there for 3 days and they haven't been able to do a damn thing. I have steam coming out of my ears.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:21 pm

That’s bullshit!
Post a reply