Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
My mother, again. "Fix me some chicken soup, now!"

Three minutes later when the microwave's done and it's ready, "I'm too cold to put my arms above the blankets, set it aside til I'm ready." [unspoken: "Until it gets cold then I'll make you miserable bitching about THAT." ]

Sorry dude, it's a terrible deal to watch them slip away upstairs.
Patience. It's a struggle and you'll wonder if it's worth it.
Years after you've done your time watching over your parents and they've left this earth, you will miss the pain in the ass moments and wished that you'd just laughed at the bullshit and not gotten frustrated with it.
Keep your chin up and remember the good times during the bad. Also know how close you were to being "accidentally" drowned in the bathtub left at the curb as a child!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Diamondback wrote:
My mother, again. "Fix me some chicken soup, now!"

Three minutes later when the microwave's done and it's ready, "I'm too cold to put my arms above the blankets, set it aside til I'm ready." [unspoken: "Until it gets cold then I'll make you miserable bitching about THAT." ]

Sorry dude, it's a terrible deal to watch them slip away upstairs.
Patience. It's a struggle and you'll wonder if it's worth it.
Years after you've done your time watching over your parents and they've left this earth, you will miss the pain in the ass moments and wished that you'd just laughed at the bullshit and not gotten frustrated with it.
Keep your chin up and remember the good times during the bad. Also know how close you were to being "accidentally" drowned in the bathtub left at the curb as a child!

This

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*Back story a little. My older sister & husband moved in with our parents and were taking care of them.

At a family meeting with the doctor, here is what was said.
(talking to my sister) You need to stop taking care of your parents and start being a daughter again or it will ruin you and make you not only age faster but also put blame on you if something happens you're not trained to take care of.
After that, mom went to a nursing home and dad soon followed as dementia was coming on. Both in their 90's.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
*Back story a little. My older sister & husband moved in with our parents and were taking care of them.

At a family meeting with the doctor, here is what was said.
(talking to my sister) You need to stop taking care of your parents and start being a daughter again or it will ruin you and make you not only age faster but also put blame on you if something happens you're not trained to take care of.
After that, mom went to a nursing home and dad soon followed as dementia was coming on. Both in their 90's.

Good advice.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 am

First, the Democrat-in-Drag Speaker of the House legislating the opposing party's agenda rather than his own's.

Second... Remember those wooden rails I put up for our squirrels? Yeah, one of the fuzzballs crapped all over one. I mean, I get that pregnancy and especially large-litter pregnancy has an adverse impact on bladder/bowel control, but...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm

Big one: The festering pustule in the asshole of humanity currently infesting 1600 with his latest bullshit about his uncle.

Professional WWII historian here: Like everything else out of Biden's facesphincter, this story is steaming bullshit on moldy toast. The New Guinea natives had largely put headhunting and cannibalism in their pasts as of 1942, and ONLY brought them back as a psychological weapon against specifically the Japanese.

Even the Defense POW/MIA office and the primary-source WWII MACR's (Missing Aircraft/Crew Record) throw a Big Yellow BS Flag on the play.
https://dpaa-mil.sites.crmforce.mil/dpa ... 01nzWi4EAE
https://pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/a-20/42-86768.html

Professional historian sez: Go suck a big, smelly brown dogrocket, you pedo bag of shitfuckery.

Apologies to the mods, but this IS my profession and this kind of crap REALLY rips my skivvies on both professional level and on a personal one where most of my childhood friends were my grandfather's WWII-veteran buddies.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

Facebooks new AI and its responses...

Try asking it how to buy a gun and your see it start to give a actual legal answer only to remove that and say sorry can't help you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Good to see you back in town Andy.

:plusone: :thumbsup2:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck cabelas and basspro, can’t fucking change email address on account.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selling an older riding lawnmower. Un-wintered it yesterday and everything worked fine.

First buyer shows up today. He drove 35mi with his trailer on and the ****ing mower wouldn't engage the blade, something was bound up with the pulleys and the belt wouldn't tense up. 20 minutes after he left I had performed enough WD40 spraying and 'percussive maintenance' to get it working again, but by then he was mostly home and won't have a chance to take another look until next Saturday.

I'm pissed about not putting a few hundo in my pocket today, sure, but more pissed that I wasted that guy's time and gas.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If he is still interested deliver it

Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tried to log in at NWF and apparently my account doesn't exist and my IP is banned for trying to reset it. I mean, I k ow I haven't been on in a long time, but seems a bit drastic for inactivity.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:10 pm

A.O. wrote:
Tried to log in at NWF and apparently my account doesn't exist and my IP is banned for trying to reset it. I mean, I k ow I haven't been on in a long time, but seems a bit drastic for inactivity.

Same username over there? If so, I'll poke one of the mods.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was in Home Depot Bellingham parking lot and clicked a waguns email thread link. I was blocked from the site.

Message said because weapons

This was around 9AM

iPhone 14 and safari obviously cell

WTAF!?

Drove on to Cordata pickle ball courts and all worked fine - cellular- just like now on my network

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:
If he is still interested deliver it

^^^THIS^^^ :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1909  Next