Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:18 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So-called "free" reverse phone number directories. Enter the number, wait while fake process timers/counters register the time taken to "search" public records... then get asked for $1.00 or a monthly subscription to the service.

So, they'll conduct the "search" for free, but seeing the results of that search costs money.

I get tired of telling "Ace" at the contractor super store "No thank you, I don't need to buy a gross of saw blades at the moment. Or tell the NRA and CCKRB, and any of the other Alan Gottlieb revenue collectors "No thanks, I've already contributed the amount I had budgeted for the cause. But thanks for calling for the third or fourth time this month."

After climbing down from ladders, or setting down heavy loads, or dropping whatever task just to field a call from "Porch" or "HomeAdvisor", I don't answer ANY calls from numbers I do not recognize. Leave a message and I will call you back. If your message isn't important enough to leave a message... well I guess it wasn't important.

Oh yeah. I guess that's worth a bitch too. Contractor brokerage services. Like to have your remodel cost go up an automatic 10%? Call those guys who charge the contractor for leads. Folks already balk at the high costs of materials and labor without voluntarily adding in a middleman.

Many times those "leads" are from people with insomnia who type in idle questions about remodel costs instead of counting sheep....

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go smith started texting me dozens of times per day, at all hours. Finally figured out I could text back STOP. Have sent me a text since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I don't answer ANY calls from numbers I do not recognize. Leave a message and I will call you back. If your message isn't important enough to leave a message... well I guess it wasn't important.

Sadly, I’ve had to adopt this policy too. After two calls a day telling me I’ve won a free trip to a luxury resort or some other wonderful prize.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So... Fucking state gov't...

I get something in the mail on FRIDAY, and they demand it be signed and returned by SUNDAY... as in, no one fucking works in that office on saturday OR sunday so even if I filled it out and dropped it in the mail the second I got it, it STILL wouldn't be returned in the time you requested it to be...

Oh, and they said 'submit online through Eservices' blah blah blah.. I've been through that site up, down, sideways, and backwards.... ain't no fucking place to submit any documents...

ALL the information they need is available from another state agency, whose claim/info they already have.. How hard is it to say 'oh, hey, Mr Billy-Bob, do you have file XYZ123? oh look.. super easy.. Instead, they're wasting everyone else's time and money, sending out letters asking for information THEY ALREADY HAVE, and giving INCORRECT INFORMATION on how to submit it...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
So... Fucking state gov't...

I get something in the mail on FRIDAY, and they demand it be signed and returned by SUNDAY... as in, no one fucking works in that office on saturday OR sunday so even if I filled it out and dropped it in the mail the second I got it, it STILL wouldn't be returned in the time you requested it to be...

Oh, and they said 'submit online through Eservices' blah blah blah.. I've been through that site up, down, sideways, and backwards.... ain't no fucking place to submit any documents...

ALL the information they need is available from another state agency, whose claim/info they already have.. How hard is it to say 'oh, hey, Mr Billy-Bob, do you have file XYZ123? oh look.. super easy.. Instead, they're wasting everyone else's time and money, sending out letters asking for information THEY ALREADY HAVE, and giving INCORRECT INFORMATION on how to submit it...

Don't know if this will help or not, but:

https://esdorchardstorage.blob.core.win ... nglish.pdf

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mom passed away today at 4:22pm CST.
She had a good life, 84 years of age.
My wife and I were with her in hospice from Tue until yesterday when we returned home.

She is survived by 3 children, 6 grand children, and 8 great grand children.

Her ashes will be partioned, and spread in Scotland and Nebraska sometime in the future.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear this, Brian, but glad you were able to make it back.

Hang in there.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RIP Hard to lose your parents. Lost mine along time ago. Thoughts and prayers are with you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear of your loss Brian. Hang in there man. It's really hard to lose your folks..

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry for your loss Brian.

She sounded like a hell of a gal when you posted about her before. Certainly a life well lived.

What part of Nebraska? My wife is from Amherst, we'll be back there in March.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks fellas.
My way of coping.
A short video of Mom, out of sequence photos, one duplicate.

https://vimeo.com/251251546

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sorry for your loss, Brian.

And . . . cool video collection of photos, that was very nicely done.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Foster boy has had a rough couple weeks in school not wanting to listen and do what he's told. And then he left without permission from the wife and went to his uncle's for the weekend. Now he's saying he wants to go back to whatever foster home because he doesn't have any privacy which is especially aggravating since privacy is the one thing we made absolute certain he's had.
Talking to his aunt, this is kinda his normal m.o.
We're being consistent with keeping on him about attendance and grades, and that pressure, with the realization that he may not get to go back to Mom seems to be too much.
So come tomorrow, he may very well decide to be taken to a group home. His aunt was over tonight, Told him to not be stupid. Guess we'll see tomorrow

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sorry to hear that, Rix86. I'm guessing today was pretty rough in your house.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

About how old is the kid? I used to have a coworker who had to leave early almost once a week on account of his kid doing one thing or another, including but not limited to stealing laptops from his school or trying to pocket his teacher`s phone.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943 ... 1908  Next