Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Well she didn't literally punch the stove, but I've use that stove without issue for 5 years and the first time she used it, she must have really pushed quite hard on the display to break the 4 plastic clips on the back. Granted it's a far-too flimsy design.

I'm sitting here pretty furious about the massive waste of time and probably going to be money now to fix something that is a piss poor design with cheap materials. Prime example of an engineer that should be fined, sanctioned, and never allowed to engineer anything again.

This "fix" is now consuming my Sunday, HOURS of it, and will require a drive to the hardware store for some sort of clamp or solution to this. HOURS of time. F*** these companies that design garbage.

This one is Kenmore. My Kenmore refrigerator also failed, but was thankfully under warranty. I will NEVER buy a Kenmore again.

As a consumer I have zero recourse. It's out of warranty, and every company builds garbage with hidden defects that surface years later.

Had this been build with 1 metal retaining bracket, it would have cost maybe a nickel and never been a problem ever for anybody. But apparently it's enough of a problem that there's multiple Youtube videos on replacing them.

So I'm left with either incompetence engineering, or a designed point of failure on purpose.

If it's so flimsy why have'nt you broke it in 5 yrs

Because I'm pretty gentle with my stuff, since I know that it's mine and I have to fix it and shit is made cheaply. I don't "floor" my car at every green light, I don't slam my doors, I don't yank on cords to unplug them, and I don't "jab" at flimsly control panels on devices. Apparently a girl - who has never owned anything nor has ever had to fix anything - doesn't or didn't grasp that. While she was burning the salad and shaking the salt shaker so hard it dumped the lid off (first time ever with that salt shaker) and activating the fire alarms... lol

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a pretty sweet farmers sunburn while watching the Mariners get their asses kicked again in Safeco.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Apparently a girl - who has never owned anything nor has ever had to fix anything - doesn't or didn't grasp that. While she was burning the salad and shaking the salt shaker so hard it dumped the lid off (first time ever with that salt shaker) and activating the fire alarms... lol

Alright, now we're getting somewhere.
So... was she worth it?
:wink05:

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

AR15L wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Apparently a girl - who has never owned anything nor has ever had to fix anything - doesn't or didn't grasp that. While she was burning the salad and shaking the salt shaker so hard it dumped the lid off (first time ever with that salt shaker) and activating the fire alarms... lol

So... was she worth it?

I'm pretty sure it was the cat chick.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
AR15L wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

So... was she worth it?

The one from Batman????

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
AR15L wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

So... was she worth it?

:ROFLMAO: Lesson learned i am sure.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
AR15L wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

So... was she worth it?

precisely what I was thinking. She looooves cats.

Divided we fall.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Because I'm pretty gentle with my stuff, since I know that it's mine and I have to fix it and shit is made cheaply. I don't "floor" my car at every green light, I don't slam my doors, I don't yank on cords to unplug them, and I don't "jab" at flimsly control panels on devices. Apparently a girl - who has never owned anything nor has ever had to fix anything - doesn't or didn't grasp that. While she was burning the salad and shaking the salt shaker so hard it dumped the lid off (first time ever with that salt shaker) and activating the fire alarms... lol

Maybe she was just looking for a way out......

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old Jim wrote:
MadPick wrote:
AR15L wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

So... was she worth it?

The one from Batman????

Sadly, no.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Is it a coincidence that today is the first time Ive had to dial the area code for local calls.....same day that hands held devices were deemed illegal while driving....?

I have a rotary phone in the shop....

Time is money :blackcloud1:

Its a conspiracy.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Is it a coincidence that today is the first time Ive had to dial the area code for local calls.....same day that hands held devices were deemed illegal while driving....?

Its a conspiracy.

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
codfather wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Well she didn't literally punch the stove, but I've use that stove without issue for 5 years and the first time she used it, she must have really pushed quite hard on the display to break the 4 plastic clips on the back. Granted it's a far-too flimsy design.

I'm sitting here pretty furious about the massive waste of time and probably going to be money now to fix something that is a piss poor design with cheap materials. Prime example of an engineer that should be fined, sanctioned, and never allowed to engineer anything again.

This "fix" is now consuming my Sunday, HOURS of it, and will require a drive to the hardware store for some sort of clamp or solution to this. HOURS of time. F*** these companies that design garbage.

This one is Kenmore. My Kenmore refrigerator also failed, but was thankfully under warranty. I will NEVER buy a Kenmore again.

As a consumer I have zero recourse. It's out of warranty, and every company builds garbage with hidden defects that surface years later.

Had this been build with 1 metal retaining bracket, it would have cost maybe a nickel and never been a problem ever for anybody. But apparently it's enough of a problem that there's multiple Youtube videos on replacing them.

So I'm left with either incompetence engineering, or a designed point of failure on purpose.

If it's so flimsy why have'nt you broke it in 5 yrs

Did you get laid ? You know, to take the edge off of fixing the stove ?

60 years from now, on your wedding anniversary, you will always remember your first date.

And wonder why hormones and curves conned you into it.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Its a conspiracy.

Can you even pulse dial anymore? Thought all the phone companies went to touch tone only.

I have a rotary phone in my shop too but it's not hooked up. My plan is to wire a Bluetooth headset into it so it will work with my iPhone. Figured it will be a good conversation piece when I plop it down on the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RocketScott wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Its a conspiracy.

Can you even pulse dial anymore? Thought all the phone companies went to touch tone only.

I have a rotary phone in my shop too but it's not hooked up. My plan is to wire a Bluetooth headset into it so it will work with my iPhone. Figured it will be a good conversation piece when I plop it down on the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can....my phone is so old that its hard wired and not quick plug in. Pulse still works.

It also sux when you get a message that says press one for parts department press two for service :rofl9:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was announced some time ago that area codes would be required for all calls... I guess that day is here?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819 ... 1908  Next