Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He came home late evening, I was busy, he stayed scarce.
If he goes to school tomorrow and comes home after........ It'll be a rough night.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Foster boy has had a rough couple weeks in school not wanting to listen and do what he's told. And then he left without permission from the wife and went to his uncle's for the weekend. Now he's saying he wants to go back to whatever foster home because he doesn't have any privacy which is especially aggravating since privacy is the one thing we made absolute certain he's had.
Talking to his aunt, this is kinda his normal m.o.
We're being consistent with keeping on him about attendance and grades, and that pressure, with the realization that he may not get to go back to Mom seems to be too much.
So come tomorrow, he may very well decide to be taken to a group home. His aunt was over tonight, Told him to not be stupid. Guess we'll see tomorrow

Accountability is a tough lesson when you're used to no structure. The smart ones recognize how to skate through things they don't want to do by exploiting their environment.

You're not letting him do that :thumbsup2:

If he's smart, he returns.

I have a nephew doing similarly irresponsible things.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He turns 14 in a couple weeks.
He's not stealing or anything, just not listening, not following instructions, not trying.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe try sitting him down for a talk. You know, get Him talking and you listening. He is rebelling, he's at that age and sounds like he has already had a tough time with life.
It's hard to get kids to talk at that age. Hormones are raging, social and School issues etc. Don't give up on him, just try to find out what his real issues are.
I don't know the circumstances, but that is a hard age and you are doing a great thing by Fostering him and are while he may be rebelling at the structure, you are doing him a real favor even though he doesn't see it.
Good luck, i hope you can get through to the young man. You are making a real difference in a young persons life and that isn't easy.
:thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

USRifle has some pretty good advice there... I remember a day when my daughter was telling me "I hate you, Just leave, I don't want to be anywhere near you!" :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

and she flopped on the ground crying telling me to leave and etc like that...

well, rather than tell her to calm down and tell her how cool I am and that she should feel lucky to be able to hang out with me (cuz, well, pssssht, she really was)

I just flopped down on the ground with her and stared at the ceiling while she wound herself up and then ran out of steam... and pretty soon, we're both there staring up at the ceiling just chatting away (with me mostly listening to her)... it was one of the few times I could get her to open up to me. (girls...yikes)

that's all the stoopit stuff I have to add... (BTW she still hates my guts. go figure... but a guy can try)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This buddy of mine was going off today about how people can't be illegal, so the term illegal citizen or illegal alien is non factual and that they are undocumented citizens. So as a counter I posed him this: Being a person in their own right isn't illegal, however, the entering into a country under essentially 'breaking and entering,' and 'trespassing' means would make their actions a violation of US federal law. Which would make them 'criminals with non legal citizenship status.' He has yet to reply.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
This buddy of mine was going off today about how people can't be illegal, so the term illegal citizen or illegal alien is non factual and that they are undocumented citizens. So as a counter I posed him this: Being a person in their own right isn't illegal, however, the entering into a country under essentially 'breaking and entering,' and 'trespassing' means would make their actions a violation of US federal law. Which would make them 'criminals with non legal citizenship status.' He has yet to reply.

Show him what happens if you go into other countries illegally what will happen to him.

Spoiler.....no EBT card.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

New fashion for 'men'

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fal ... llection#1

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:

For men :ROFLMAO: What's up with the picture of Alanis Morrisette?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn she is skanky.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:

We've accepted the term ‘illegal alien’ for more than 200 years. The federal government’s use of  ‘alien’ dates back to the 1798 Congress’ Alien and Sedition Acts. 

As recently as 2012 & 2015, the Supreme Court has used the term in writing decisions.

Undocumented immigrant is a term pushed by left's activist organizations to obscure the illegal actions and conduct of those who violate our immigration laws.

And the term immigrant, by definition, is one who moves and 'takes up permanent residence in a foreign country', which you can't do if you are illegal.

Your buddy is playing word games. Both the word 'undocumented', and 'illegal', are adjectives, so you can easily apply either to a person.

They just prefer the term undocumented, as it obfuscates the illegality of it all, and makes it seem like its just a paperwork think.

Tell your buddy there's a deeper history to the term than a 1st page Google search, and calling it something else doesn't lessen the illegality of it.

(p.s.-the term alien wasn't used to describe beings from outer space until 1953)

Sorry, I've had this discussion before :bigsmile:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:

We've accepted the term ‘illegal alien’ for more than 200 years. The federal government’s use of  ‘alien’ dates back to the 1798 Congress’ Alien and Sedition Acts. 

As recently as 2012 & 2015, the Supreme Court has used the term in writing decisions.

Undocumented immigrant is a term pushed by left's activist organizations to obscure the illegal actions and conduct of those who violate our immigration laws.

And the term immigrant, by definition, is one who moves and 'takes up permanent residence in a foreign country', which you can't do if you are illegal.

Your buddy is playing word games. Both the word 'undocumented', and 'illegal', are adjectives, so you can easily apply either to a person.

They just prefer the term undocumented, as it obfuscates the illegality of it all, and makes it seem like its just a paperwork think.

Tell your buddy there's a deeper history to the term than a 1st page Google search, and calling it something else doesn't lessen the illegality of it.

(p.s.-the term alien wasn't used to describe beings from outer space until 1953)

Sorry, I've had this discussion before :bigsmile:

If someone clearly claims they are for open borders, I can actually (sort of) understand their position. It's not logical but it's a position. Ask a WA Democrat what their position is and they typically can't even state the position. Ask them if they are for fully open borders, they might even say no. And certainly most Politicians (D) will say they aren't for open borders........ and give some mish mash of a position that includes words like "families" "children" "hard working" and "backbone". But actually do absolutely nothing to fix our screwed up system. Every country on the planet is allowed to have a controlled border except the USA. And Trump is the crazy one?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How do other Countries handle illegals?

If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the Iranian border illegally, you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally, you will be jailed.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally, you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally, you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

If you cross the Mexican border illegally, you will be thrown into a political prison to rot.

If you cross the U.S. border illegally, you get:

1. A job,
2. a drivers license,
3. a social security card,
4. welfare,
5. food stamps,
6. credit cards,
7. subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
8. free education,
9. free health care,
10. a lobbyist in Washington,
11. billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language,
12. and the right to carry your country’s flag while you protest that you don’t get enough respect.

Here’s a few facts on how Mexico treats Guatemaleans, Hondurans, Nicaragurans and others who cross their southern border illegally.

* Mexico forbids illegal immigrants. The penalty for crossing the border illegally is a felony and two years in prison.

* Mexico fines or puts illegal aliens in prison if they commit marriage fraud for citizenship

* Mexico fines or puts illegal aliens in prison if they commit document fraud.

* Mexico puts illegal aliens in jail for TEN years if they re-enter the country illegally for a second time after deportation.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
How do other Countries handle illegals?

If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the Iranian border illegally, you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally, you will be jailed.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally, you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally, you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

If you cross the Mexican border illegally, you will be thrown into a political prison to rot.

If you cross the U.S. border illegally, you get:

1. A job,
2. a drivers license,
3. a social security card,
4. welfare,
5. food stamps,
6. credit cards,
7. subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
8. free education,
9. free health care,
10. a lobbyist in Washington,
11. billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language,
12. and the right to carry your country’s flag while you protest that you don’t get enough respect.

Here’s a few facts on how Mexico treats Guatemaleans, Hondurans, Nicaragurans and others who cross their southern border illegally.

* Mexico forbids illegal immigrants. The penalty for crossing the border illegally is a felony and two years in prison.

* Mexico fines or puts illegal aliens in prison if they commit marriage fraud for citizenship

* Mexico fines or puts illegal aliens in prison if they commit document fraud.

* Mexico puts illegal aliens in jail for TEN years if they re-enter the country illegally for a second time after deportation.

I'll bet you a dime to a doughnut that if you were to present these facts to any libtard that is demanding "dreamers" must stay, they will foam at the mouth while yelling at the top of their lungs that it's all lies.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm pretty torn on the open borders issue and the wall. As a "bastion of liberty" perhaps we should embrace, ideally, open borders and open impediment free travel. But that's the idealist in me. Evil exists as do the implements of mass destruction. An open border gives evil actors easy access to commit crime/acts of war and inhibits LE's ability to defend us.

If you would like to focus on labor and jobs, I am inclined to believe that the money invested in a wall could be used instead to prosecute both deportment of illegals, but also crack down on those who would hire them. Take a bite out of industry profits and things would change.

but that too is also fairly idealistic.

The wall is a double edged sword, but probably an onus we shall have to abide. And that pisses me off today.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944 ... 1908  Next