Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 WA resident selling long gun to ID resident 

Anyone gone through this recently? Does a local FFL do the transfer and then ship to ID FFL, or does the local FFL just ship to ID FFL and then ID FFL does the transfer? Or can I just ship to ID FFL? Called one FFL, sad I had to ship to the ID FFL but I think he was mistaken or I misunderstood.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you are shipping, it has to be shipped to the Idaho FFL. Some will accept shipments from private citizens, some only from another FFL, so you will have to confirm which is the case with the receiving FFL prior to sending it.
They will need a copy of your ID with the shipment.
If the Idaho resident is meeting you in person, it can be transferred at either a WA or ID FFL as they are neighboring states.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ BOOM.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:15 pm

Normanator wrote:
If the Idaho resident is meeting you in person, it can be transferred at either a WA or ID FFL as they are neighboring states.
If you were meeting an Idaho resident in Idaho, why would you need to involve a FFL (long gun)?

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gunblaster wrote:
Normanator wrote:
If you were meeting an Idaho resident in Idaho, why would you need to involve a FFL (long gun)?
Because you have crossed state lines. Federal law kicks in now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:08 pm
Profile WWW

Normanator wrote:

I'll ask about that again, didn't seem like an option talking to WCA. But yes, that's the case, We are both in Seattle area he has a house here and one in ID, and a ID DL

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Albroswift wrote:
Normanator wrote:

I'll ask about that again, didn't seem like an option talking to WCA. But yes, that's the case, We are both in Seattle area he has a house here and one in ID, and a ID DL

Some shops will not do this, but it is legal per federal law, and per Idaho law (WA too, but as they are an ID resident they must go by that law)

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesr ... CT18-3314/

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.122

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
gunblaster wrote:
Normanator wrote:
Because you have crossed state lines. Federal law kicks in now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

^ This.
18 U.S. Code § 922
(a)It shall be unlawful—
(1)for any person—
(A)except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce; or
(B)except a licensed importer or licensed manufacturer, to engage in the business of importing or manufacturing ammunition, or in the course of such business, to ship, transport, or receive any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce;

Big tine federal violation there.

FFL in receiving state can accept it from another FFL or private citizen in a different state, then transfer it to a private citizen in their home (licensed) state without violating the Interstate Commerce clause, but anyone transferring across state lines without a license is asking for jail time.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:30 am

Called around, Pantels was the only shop that would do it. (Didn't try every one, but called several eastside and south end) Glad i went down there anyway, Pantels is remodeling, doubling in size. Good shop.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Albroswift wrote:
Called around, Pantels was the only shop that would do it. (Didn't try every one, but called several eastside and south end) Glad i went down there anyway, Pantels is remodeling, doubling in size. Good shop.

Yeah, like I mentioned, most just don't like to or don't know they can unfortunately. Glad you got it sorted though!

Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm pretty sure i've heard it is racist to ask for ID in this state so how do you know what state they live in?

Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What was the question?
Good time of year for a drive to spud country

Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was the gun made before 594 and the rest of the cock-a-mamie tyranical bewlshite "laws" were passed? because I just don't know how those laws apply to a gun made and then resold to that feller from ID before those laws went into effect :wink05:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Was the gun made before 594 and the rest of the cock-a-mamie tyranical bewlshite "laws" were passed? because I just don't know how those laws apply to a gun made and then resold to that feller from ID before those laws went into effect :wink05:

Once you post on a public forum, and have called several shops asking about the same thing, I'd say you'd have one hell of a hard time convincing a prosecutor (especially the one we have here) you sold it prior... and even if you did, the Feds would still love to talk to you about how it got across state lines without going through an FFL.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:46 pm

Pantel's took care of me. Was about $100.00 transfer and shipping. It was at buyer's shop in ID a day later.
I had purchased the gun from a private party through an FFl transfer after all the BS laws and have been attempting lately to be a responsible gun owner (at least when there is an obvious paper trail...)
Anyway, I was second owner of the unfired weapon, Kept it LNIB, But I'm pretty sure the 3rd owner was firing it within a day of touching it with his greasy fingers.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]