Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: WAJim - In Memoriam

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:32 am

Ditto the condolences to other family and close friends.
Thanks to Dana for ketting us know. Missing too many already.

Thanks for all the stories, everyone.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:37 am

He was the last guy I had a in depth bench race session with. We talked fords for about an hour in the Cabelas parking lot. I even tried to buy his cougar. He would not budge. What a huge loss to our community. RIP Jim.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 am

mcyclonegt wrote:He was the last guy I had a in depth bench race session with. We talked fords for about an hour in the Cabelas parking lot. I even tried to buy his cougar. He would not budge. What a huge loss to our community. RIP Jim.

He and I talked about that Cougar. I told him I restored one with a 390gt motor. He said: (paraphrasing)

"390, pffft! Mine has a 428. Wanna drive it?"

Sadly, I never got the chance to meet him ftf (or drive the Cougar).

And yeah, the stories about Vagine will be missed, too.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:31 am

Never met him but enjoyed his posts. RIP you will be missed

Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:10 am

Couple years back, a girlfriend of my wife’s had car trouble. She brought her old car over and it was in rough shape. I fixed a bunch of things, but got to the point where my knowledge gave out. I contacted WaJim and explained the issue. I also let him know that this person was short on funds, so he could decide if he wanted to tackle this job. WaJim agreed to look over her car. He fixed what was wrong, and charged her what she could afford. I know he probably barely broke even. He might have even lost money.

She drove that car all the way to Southern California without issue.

Helluva mechanic, helluva guy.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:50 pm

^ :bow:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:59 pm

Just curious, does anyone know him and his family personally? I can’t imagine the financial hardship a death brings, but I’m sure this community would help if we could get some information.

Anyone able to set anything up?

$20, $50 a person or more adds up and I’m sure they would could really use it now.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:34 pm

I would contribute to that

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:53 pm

Arisaka wrote:I would contribute to that

Me too.

dana may be able to find out.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:00 pm

Thanks for letting us know Dana. Sorry to lose another member to cancer, it's insidious. I don't think I ever met him, but I know he gave good advice when I was having truck troubles and I appreciate it. I'll miss him.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:55 pm

R.I.P. WAJim.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:58 pm

Dang it. I've been shooting with Jim and he always kidded me about storing a 1911 that he wanted to buy. He was always available to answer a vehicle question. I lost a cousin Saturday and now a "gun/car buddy". So sad...

Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:18 pm

A member messaged me and said that the family is financially okay. So that is good to know.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:44 pm

Will see you pain free on the flipside Brother. :crybaby:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:11 pm

Damn
Post a reply