General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: 2024 Celebrity Dead Pool & Death Thread

Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:51 pm

RocketScott wrote:OJ's acquittal was payback for Rodney King

Yep. One of the jurors ad.itted that.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:26 am

catbird wrote:A lot of outlets quoted the New York Times obituary including this phrase, which has since been edited out:

"The infamous case, which held up a cracked mirror to Black and white America, cleared Mr. Simpson but ruined his world."

The thing I noticed was the fact that the NYT's style guide apparently requires the capitalization of the adjective "Black" when used to describe people, but not the word "white".

I have often wondered about the Black/white thing, but figured I’d would be raciss to question.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:46 am

405 WCF wrote:
catbird wrote:A lot of outlets quoted the New York Times obituary including this phrase, which has since been edited out:

"The infamous case, which held up a cracked mirror to Black and white America, cleared Mr. Simpson but ruined his world."

The thing I noticed was the fact that the NYT's style guide apparently requires the capitalization of the adjective "Black" when used to describe people, but not the word "white".

I have often wondered about the Black/white thing, but figured I’d would be raciss to question.

In some people's world

Black is an identity. The Experience. I mean I get it from an identity point of view and white are just a bunch of mongrels who will repress all other groups given a chance. They need to be kept in place.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 am

In memory of Elizabeth Reed and, now, Dickey Betts.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:39 am

Dave McCarty, a former Boston Red Sox first baseman and outfielder and a member of the 2004 World Series championship team, died in California on Friday after a "cardiac event," the team confirmed in a statement.

He was 54.

More here: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dave-mcc ... mp-dead-54

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:10 pm

For you old guys: Roman Gabriel, 83 years old

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 pm

Arisaka wrote:For you old guys: Roman Gabriel, 83 years old

One of the first topps football cards I had.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:20 pm

Mike Pinder, founding member of the Moody Blues. Passed away at age of 82
Post a reply