Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 HB1240 "Assault Weapon" ban & our classifieds 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, it makes me absolutely ill to do so, but I just went through and gutted our Handgun, Rifle, and Shotgun classifieds sections to delete anything that is now an "assault weapon" under this ridiculous new law.

I would highly encourage everyone to read it: https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium ... 0-S.PL.pdf

Start at the list of forbidden guns that starts at the bottom of page 2. After the list, look for underlined text which indicates a change in the current law. Note that this doesn't just affect rifles; it also affects some handguns and some shotguns.

As of right now, I don't personally interpret the law to mean that individual parts are banned, so I haven't deleted any of those ads at this point. If we get a different interpretation of the law later, that may change.

As a reminder, our WaGuns Code of Conduct includes this:

5) Compliance with Laws - All WaGuns users are expected to comply with all local, state and federal laws when posting on the site. Please be aware that the Administration of WaGuns will comply with all legitimate law enforcement requests for information related to active investigations.

Therefore, the actions we take here are our best attempt to legitimately comply with the poorly-written new law.

Our compliance with this law does not in any way indicate that Inslee, Ferguson, or any of the other piece of shit Democrats in our state government are not traitorous scumbags that don't deserve the oxygen that they breathe.

EDIT 4/26/23:

To address the "parts" question further, after more thought and discussion with ours, here are some of my current conclusions:

a. Generally, a part or a collection of parts is not automatically an assault weapon, even if those parts are for a specifically-banned fiream like an AR-15. As an example, any collection of AR-15 parts that does not include EVERY part required to build the firearm is not a "combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled." So, a typical "build kit" which includes every part except the stripped lower is not, per my understanding of the law, an assault weapon. Now, if you already own a stripped lower and then you buy a build kit, then voila you have yourself an assault weapon -- but that's from the buyer's perspective, not that of the person who sold the build kit.

b. One of the other AW definitions is a part "from which a firearm can be converted into an assault weapon." To me, this means that you are taking an entire firearm, and by installing this part, it becomes an AW. I think there are some scenarios that you can run here that get pretty far into the "contrived" category, but realistically I've only come up with a few that make sense:
- Threaded barrels for semi-auto pistols that use detachable mags. Install a threaded barrel, and suddenly your Glock 19 is an assault weapon.
- A folding or telescoping stock intended for use on a semi-auto centerfire rifle or semi-auto shotgun that normally has a fixed stock.

Therefore, if we see ads for these particular parts, we will delete them.

No doubt our interpretation will evolve over time. If anyone who has read the law has thoughts, please feel free to share them.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:18 pm
FFL / Dealer

Sad day indeed

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From them kidnapping our children and selling them into sex trafficking to this bullshit. I have had enough of this fucking shit! :angryfire: :cussing:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can actually peruse the classified in like 15% of the time it used to take!
Now I don't have to sort through all the evil black rifles cluttering up the rifles section.....

Hopefully there will be a quick injunction to this takeover so things can get back to partially normal. That cold civil war is heating up. Just wonder how much longer the dam will hold up.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
As of right now, I don't personally interpret the law to mean that individual parts are banned, so I haven't deleted any of those ads at this point. If we get a different interpretation of the law later, that may change.

As much as I despise the new laws and eagerly await them being struck down in court, I'm glad that WaGuns has the same interpretation of the bill regarding parts as I do. Unless the part can singlehandedly convert a non-assault weapon into a salty one, it's legal to own and buy/sell/trade. And as expansive as the bill is, I don't think there are any weapons that qualify for that.

Last edited by scrid2000 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Almost no reason left to go to a gun site anymore

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:

I'm sure that was the plan.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PAPISJEEP wrote:
codfather wrote:
Almost no reason left to go to a gun site/store/show anymore

I'm sure that was the plan.

I'm sure that was the plan

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaWish-We-Had-Guns.org....

Glad I sold all the ones I had. Nasty evil things.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:19 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

That Ruger sp101 is till there...I hope

although it fits the parameters

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:15 pm

WaJim wrote:

That Ruger sp101 is till there...I hope

although it fits the parameters

Until you thread it. :bigsmile:

Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:

Gonna be WaGuts food channel

Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:51 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just edited my OP to add this:

Quote:
To address the "parts" question further, after more thought and discussion with ours, here are some of my current conclusions:

a. Generally, a part or a collection of parts is not automatically an assault weapon, even if those parts are for a specifically-banned fiream like an AR-15. As an example, any collection of AR-15 parts that does not include EVERY part required to build the firearm is not a "combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled." So, a typical "build kit" which includes every part except the stripped lower is not, per my understanding of the law, an assault weapon. Now, if you already own a stripped lower and then you buy a build kit, then voila you have yourself an assault weapon -- but that's from the buyer's perspective, not that of the person who sold the build kit.

b. One of the other AW definitions is a part "from which a firearm can be converted into an assault weapon." To me, this means that you are taking an entire firearm, and by installing this part, it becomes an AW. I think there are some scenarios that you can run here that get pretty far into the "contrived" category, but realistically I've only come up with a few that make sense:
- Threaded barrels for semi-auto pistols that use detachable mags. Install a threaded barrel, and suddenly your Glock 19 is an assault weapon.
- A folding or telescoping stock intended for use on a semi-auto centerfire rifle or semi-auto shotgun that normally has a fixed stock.

No doubt our interpretation will evolve over time. If anyone who has read the law has thoughts, please feel free to share them.

So . . . any budding legal scholars out there? G4L? :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:53 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
I just edited my OP to add this:

Quote:

So . . . any budding legal scholars out there? G4L? :bigsmile:

What ever happened to leadcounsel? He was always so helpful.

Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^ :ROFLMAO: ^^^

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next