Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
 "Laughs in Tesla" ~ Big D 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Nope. I think my new one looks better.

Details man!

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Nope. I think my new one looks better.

Congrats on your new Y! If that pic is of your car, unless something has changed in the past year or two, it looks like you’re missing the mudflaps that are supposed to be installed for cars delivered in the PNW. There’s also supposed to be a small area of PPF on the rear doors (hard to tell from your pic). Cars without the flaps and ppf end up with a bunch of rock chips on the rear door, so I’d recommend checking your car has the both installed. You should be able to open a service ticket to get both installed if they’re missing. My Y was delivered with no flaps or PPF, and they installed them

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... ry.239579/

Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

NWGunner wrote:
What makes this one different than the one you had?
Not trying to be funny, just curious about the upgrades/improvements.

CQBgopher wrote:
Details man!

My previous Tesla was a 2016.5 Model X 75D. This is a 2024 Model Y Long Range. I LOVE(d) my X, sweet ride, loved the features, but the range was meh. But it had Full Self Driving and Free Unlimited Supercharging. Both of those features I LOVED and used A LOT. I've seen Tesla have promos here and there where they'd let you transfer one or the other into a new whip, but nothing that really made me want pull the trigger (I came close a few times). Well, a month ago they presented the trifecta.

Buy a new S,3,X or Y and you can transfer your Full Self Drive AND your Free Supercharging AND you get to take the $7,500 credit now, off the price. I really didn't want a payment of a new Model X or S, and we already have a Model 3. I like the 3, but it's too small for me as a daily. The Y seemed to fit the bill very well as a perfect in-between of my X and the 3. So, I got a hold of a sales guy in Fife and he said they had exactly what I wanted coming in the next day. 2024, Model Y Long Range, Stealth Grey, 20" wheels and a tow package. I locked it in and picked it up 5 days later. That photo is from delivery day when I picked her up. All FSD and FUSC transferred right over and she's an amazing new car. And.. My payment went down!

shadow21 wrote:
Congrats on your new Y! If that pic is of your car, unless something has changed in the past year or two, it looks like you’re missing the mudflaps that are supposed to be installed for cars delivered in the PNW. There’s also supposed to be a small area of PPF on the rear doors (hard to tell from your pic). Cars without the flaps and ppf end up with a bunch of rock chips on the rear door, so I’d recommend checking your car has the both installed. You should be able to open a service ticket to get both installed if they’re missing. My Y was delivered with no flaps or PPF, and they installed them

The rear PPF is there and the mudflaps are in my garage. When I was doing the delivery inspection, one of the techs came out to install it and I was like "hold up". I don't like the look of them honestly. Tech handed them to me and said if/when I change my mind, the Ranger (Tesla's mobile repair fleet) can come install them. I have been tossing the idea of PPF'ing the entire car. Here this spring I'll break out all my goodies and get her paint corrected and then decide if I want to PPF, ceramic or both.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

CQBgopher wrote:
Details man!

My previous Tesla was a 2016.5 Model X 75D. This is a 2024 Model Y Long Range. I LOVE(d) my X, sweet ride, loved the features, but the range was meh. But it had Full Self Driving and Free Unlimited Supercharging. Both of those features I LOVED and used A LOT. I've seen Tesla have promos here and there where they'd let you transfer one or the other into a new whip, but nothing that really made me want pull the trigger (I came close a few times). Well, a month ago they presented the trifecta.

Buy a new S,3,X or Y and you can transfer your Full Self Drive AND your Free Supercharging AND you get to take the $7,500 credit now, off the price. I really didn't want a payment of a new Model X or S, and we already have a Model 3. I like the 3, but it's too small for me as a daily. The Y seemed to fit the bill very well as a perfect in-between of my X and the 3. So, I got a hold of a sales guy in Fife and he said they had exactly what I wanted coming in the next day. 2024, Model Y Long Range, Stealth Grey, 20" wheels and a tow package. I locked it in and picked it up 5 days later. That photo is from delivery day when I picked her up. All FSD and FUSC transferred right over and she's an amazing new car. And.. My payment went down!

shadow21 wrote:

The rear PPF is there and the mudflaps are in my garage. When I was doing the delivery inspection, one of the techs came out to install it and I was like "hold up". I don't like the look of them honestly. Tech handed them to me and said if/when I change my mind, the Ranger (Tesla's mobile repair fleet) can come install them. I have been tossing the idea of PPF'ing the entire car. Here this spring I'll break out all my goodies and get her paint corrected and then decide if I want to PPF, ceramic or both.

That’s awesome. The FUSC is what almost made me dive in years back but my organized chaos life needs at least a 400 mile “severe service” range…. and it’s just. not. there. yet.

I wanna go for a ride though.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

CQBgopher wrote:
Details man!

shadow21 wrote:

Glad to hear Tesla is getting better with their delivery process. They forgot to install them on my car and I had to bring it back in for them to install them.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

shadow21 wrote:
Glad to hear Tesla is getting better with their delivery process. They forgot to install them on my car and I had to bring it back in for them to install them.

Not sure how long you have had it, but the Fife SC is WAY better than the Renton one. Seattle SODO isn't bad, but Fife center is pretty awesome.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats on the new whip.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That guy yells. A lot.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Vandals cut cables of newly installed EV charging stations in Sumner

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/vandals-cut-cables-of-newly-installed-ev-charging-stations-in-sumner/281-5a2c5e0d-f0d6-4b49-b236-38bb50cae7cc?fbclid=IwAR1TooWpXJj-8dZvtIDDu58SszsCLYNzmBpdmgpjHvEwrncLnPdCYQbMzjA

Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

All for what equates to maybe $5 in copper.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

$5 is $5. It's 'free' money to them. You think they care?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:25 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

$5 is $5. It's 'free' money to them. You think they care?

Risk/Reward. The tweakers down here in Lacey learned quickly that the amount of effort to cut, strip and sell the small amounts of copper isn't worth it. Easier to target electrical grounding copper on the side of buildings.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
That guy yells. A lot.

He is the most annoying car YouTuber. If he broke his arm he wouldn’t be able to talk.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 1254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next