Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 704 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

..and if it's like every other time PD destroyed a house .... Insurance will say it was intentional and not covered, and PD will say it was in the course of their duties so they're not liable..

Not the first time it's happened..

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/30/77478861 ... court-says

^^ Man shoplifted 2 belts and a shirt from walmart then ran from police. He barricaded himself in that house. They basically blew up his house for a shoplifter, patted themselves on the back after doing hundreds of thousands in damage over $30 in stuff, then told the homeowner they'd give him like $500 or some stupid shit like that.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The patience of a saint.

Honestly, I don't think he was stern enough.

Lady sitting there acting like she's the one being inconvenienced because she got caught stealing.

The sense of entitlement....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$200,000 worth of OC spray.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not so much afraid of criminals as morons in police uniform.

Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
I'm not so much afraid of criminals as morons in police uniform.

I fear neither but expect both. Luckily, I've avoided both for the most part.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SPD harbor patrol saves a guy from drowning.

:bow:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Use the tools you have.

:bow:

Officer uses his vehicle to stop armed robber from fleeing.

Some cops would have tried to get out and challenge the armed robber and risk a gunfight.

This officer thought outside the box and went bowling to end the chase and the threat.

Strike!

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man calls police to report a man threatening him with a gun.

Officer 1 gets on scene and goes to detain suspect.

Officer 2 gets on scene then immediately cops an attitude, pulls a gun out on a guy with a cellphone in his hand (the victim) then falsely arrests him for... get this... resisting arrest.

Then, when he goes to file a complaint, he's threatened with arrest AGAIN... for trespassing... in a police department lobby that's open to the public...

Oh, and cops ignore the camera footage that shows the other guy brandishing a firearm....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As Massad Ayoob says, when police arrive on the scene, they don't know who's who, and everyone's a subject. He says just cooperate and do what they say. The cops can usually figure things out, and I understand things get heated. It sucks for the victim to get cuffed and put in a police car, but it's just a way to settle everyone down and not get the actors out and about and making things more confusing. I really hate doing this myself, but Masaad Ayoob also says, when cops say, get your hands up, they mean UP. And no matter who you are, hands out of pockets and keep hands in open view.

Victims are *usually* the ones who make the first call, but not always.

We are in an environment where everything is taped, and remember to be on your best behavior. De-escalate. When trouble starts, move on without making things worse.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
As Massad Ayoob says, when police arrive on the scene, they don't know who's who, and everyone's a subject. He says just cooperate and do what they say. The cops can usually figure things out, and I understand things get heated. It sucks for the victim to get cuffed and put in a police car, but it's just a way to settle everyone down and not get the actors out and about and making things more confusing. I really hate doing this myself, but Masaad Ayoob also says, when cops say, get your hands up, they mean UP. And no matter who you are, hands out of pockets and keep hands in open view.

Victims are *usually* the ones who make the first call, but not always.

We are in an environment where everything is taped, and remember to be on your best behavior. De-escalate. When trouble starts, move on without making things worse.

He already had his hands out of his pockets when she pulled her gun out.

They 'arrested' him for resisting arrest, then realized they couldn't charge him with anything, after DRIVING HIM AROUND IN THE POLICE CAR FOR HOURS..

That, is kidnapping, my friend.

And, as pointed out, they SAW the video, but completely ignored it, to push a vendetta against the victim.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:angryfire:

Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trooper rams innocent car into barrier on highway... Trooper 'retires'......

:gibbs:

Let me 'accidentally' ram a police car while I'm chasing someone who stole from me and see what charges I get....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In this case good cop. Did everything he could to not have to escalate until he had no choice.

Note the video is hard to watch.

Not sure if there is a YouTube video but it's embedded in this story. Whether you like the source or not.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/video-suspect-violently-attacks-georgia-cop-after-being/

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
In this case good cop. Did everything he could to not have to escalate until he had no choice.

Note the video is hard to watch.

Not sure if there is a YouTube video but it's embedded in this story. Whether you like the source or not.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/video-suspect-violently-attacks-georgia-cop-after-being/

BLM is already calling this the 'next George Floyd'...

Ignore the fact that dude was going 100+MPH, didn't pull over for a bit, and then fought the officer......

Good shoot, BUT, officer handled it all wrong from the get-go. Super aggressive, unnecessarily, IMO, and giving orders that didn't make sense for someone who was by himself. He kept writing checks his body couldn't cash, which put him in the situation where lethal force was necessary.

This, IMO, is a situation where idiots collide. One idiot is dumber, and more deader, than the other.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 704 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next