General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

You've Been Waiting for it: The Idaho Thread!

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:18 am

As members talk more of fleeing and as a few members from here have started out anew hoping to elude the urban crush, COL excesses and increasing gun restrictions. But it looks like those that brought 2A ruin to the west coast are on the move into fly-over country bringing the same woes with them...

Here's a segment on Boise/Treasure Valley growth. 1.1 million moving to Boise....

https://youtu.be/yzjsUpgZ-Jc

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local ... 4cf89a006a

Re: You've Been Waiting for it: The Idaho Thread!

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:33 am

No way to say it nicely.
That's fucked up.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:34 am

In Washington, the general population is oblivious or welcoming to "progress" and changes.

Here, residents are aware of the growth, cautious about it, and do NOT want progressive changes. They seem to be very very in tune with the ruin of the west coast and want no part of it. Assimilate or go home seems to be the attitude from what I've read and seen.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:41 am

There is only one thing for it. Obviously only one solution.

Nuke Ada and Canyon counties. Its the only way to be sure.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:55 am

Wait until Lead Council finds out he moved from the frying pan into the fire..................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:44 pm

They wanna know...

why give your guns back? Isn't the unfounded accusation enough to have your guns taken, permanently?

69617624_1429962673819947_2958926901495726080_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:23 pm

I went to college in Twin Falls Idaho 30 years ago and visited Boise a few times. It was a nice area surrounded by nothingness. Lots of room to grow.

I chose to stay in Washington with my recent escape from Seattle, but moved to a cheaper county (Lewis). One of the things I was concerned about was my area expanding into a subdivision to feed Longview, Chehalis, Olympia or Vancouver. Its a pretty long drive, but no traffic makes it shorter in time than living in and commuting through Seattle. The law in Lewis county is similar to the county in Idaho (one dwelling per 5 acres) which concerned me for the future growth, so I bough and built in the middle of 40 acres of forest land. When I retire it won’t matter what happens around me I am well buffered. I know everybody can’t do this until they retire, but I don’t think all of Washington is bad, just the big cities.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:16 pm

leadcounsel wrote:They seem to be very very in tune with the ruin of the west coast and want no part of it. Assimilate or go home seems to be the attitude from what I've read and seen.

Then why this? It was Boise's choice.

Boise State President Marlene Tromp Takes On Diversity Issues In First Address
https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/p ... st-address

I'd say Boise is leaning hard purple already. This crap spreads like fire and won't stop after Boise turns blue.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:13 pm

leadcounsel wrote:In Washington, the general population is oblivious or welcoming to "progress" and changes.

Here, residents are aware of the growth, cautious about it, and do NOT want progressive changes. They seem to be very very in tune with the ruin of the west coast and want no part of it. Assimilate or go home seems to be the attitude from what I've read and seen.

It happened to CA slowly. It happened to WA a bit faster. It happened to Oregon even faster still.

Montana is THEE definition of “slippery slope” at the moment.

“Don’t Californicate Wyoming” was a bumper sticker to be found everywhere in the state during the mid 1990s. Sadly not in time for the “new” Jackson Hole/Teton region. Rest of the state—for the most part—is hanging in there and at least many of the wealthy that populate NW WY are moderate-to-right leaning when it comes to all of that jazz.

Hunting/mining towns in Colorado became Lamborghini winter test beds well before electronic fuel injection was a thing. In many ways, they fell before CA did, and very much so before WA did.

It isn’t so much that Idaho is on the cutting edge of situational awareness—it’s they’ve been looking off both porches for 40 years, watching it drive by, fly over, and keep going, wondering when it would decide to stay....
Last edited by CQBgopher on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:20 pm

And just remember. For every resident who is against it there is one who sold out.

All those hobby ranches turnin’ all these counties blue? Some Cattle Co. Trust is l-l-l-l-loaded because of it.

Grandkids don’t care, they’re tired of doing hay anyway.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:29 am

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/11/radica ... cil-video/

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:08 pm

I moved in Idaho Falls. My house is huge with property and half the price of my house sold in WA. I drive 10 minutes to BLM land to shoot and found a job with no leads in 2 weeks( I make much more now). How many in in King/Pierce county can say any of that? How many in the whole state can buy property like I did if they were in WA? There are more people in King County alone than Idaho. I have lived here almost two years now. Most people here hate boise and sadly are not aware of the "coming storm". if this,state goes blue, at least I wont be living like a slave commuting 1 hour to make nothing. (i dont think it will go commie but its a nice way to pretend there is no safe place for you WA people who retired or too afraid of leaving WA).

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:03 pm

SingularTub wrote:I moved in Idaho Falls. My house is huge with property and half the price of my house sold in WA. I drive 10 minutes to BLM land to shoot and found a job with no leads in 2 weeks( I make much more now). How many in in King/Pierce county can say any of that? How many in the whole state can buy property like I did if they were in WA? There are more people in King County alone than Idaho. I have lived here almost two years now. Most people here hate boise and sadly are not aware of the "coming storm". if this,state goes blue, at least I wont be living like a slave commuting 1 hour to make nothing. (i dont think it will go commie but its a nice way to pretend there is no safe place for you WA people who retired or too afraid of leaving WA).

Congrats on finding a living space that affords you the American Dream within your pay grade.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:12 pm

dan360 wrote:...the American Dream within your pay grade.

That's just wrong

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:15 am

Election day. Caldwell stands tough. "Is Boise lost?"

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/12/gun-gr ... z67LLSyaLx
Post a reply