Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 729, 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I exchanged all of my old style (non overfill valve) tanks that were no longer refillable at a BR or equivalent place with the new style.
Guy told me they couldn't take the old kind, so I went somewhere else and they had no problem.
The store employees don't usually know much about propane tanks or even care.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a trick to getting the old valve style tank refilled.

Take a BIG BLACK SHARPIE and write on the tank either, WEED KILLER or SHOP USE ONLY.

A friend of mine did that with his and they refill them all the time.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You just need to go to the gas station where the clerk barely speaks English.

As long as you're paying they generally don't care.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Guntrader wrote:
I exchanged all of my old style (non overfill valve) tanks that were no longer refillable at a BR or equivalent place with the new style.
Guy told me they couldn't take the old kind, so I went somewhere else and they had no problem.
The store employees don't usually know much about propane tanks or even care.

Yeah - I figured if I got any flak at one place about the condition of the tank, I'd just take it somewhere else - like a grocery store that odds are the dude or gal wouldn't care one way or the other.

Curious where people have found the best place to get tanks filled - was talking with UHaul (they don't re-certify) and they said their price was $3.29/gal x 4.7gal = $15.46 (18# if filled close to full) to fill vs BR at $20+tax (15#). I know there are some gas stations that fill, but I seem to recall that UHaul would beat them every time.

RocketScott wrote:
You just need to go to the gas station where the clerk barely speaks English.

As long as you're paying they generally don't care.

Yep - I've got a cute little 5# tank that i'm sure is out of date, but it is pristine... no reason to re-cert it.... it didn't 'go bad' sitting in my garage empty for the last 7 years. I paid damn good $$$ for it just to have a smaller tank to carry around with the torch to burn weeds in the driveway in the summer - 20# is just too much to lug.... with a beer - haven't had to use it much since I got a drag for the quad. I believe the 12 year re-cert is for people that treat their stuff like crap.... like the guy that I picked up the last grill from.... I don't understand how/why people can't be bothered to take better care of their (expensive) shit.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace Hardware exit 95 I-5 $1.99 per gallon.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
20# is just too much to lug.... with a beer...

To be fair: You're carrying an extra 12 ounces.

I run into this problem with the boats I sail on. Propane locker was designed for a smaller tank that nobody makes anymore. Most of them are aluminium and don't get as nasty as the steel ones but occasionally I have to blast them off in my cabinet and clean or replace the valve.

Last edited by RocketScott on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm

BTW.... if anyone needs a tank for BR exchange, let me know... I'll let you have one for a box of (decent) 9mm or equivalent (plated) 22 .... instead of paying the $30
Bothell/Canyon Park

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
BTW.... if anyone needs a tank for BR exchange, let me know... I'll let you have one for a box of (decent) 9mm or equivalent (plated) 22 .... instead of paying the $30
Bothell/Canyon Park

Any plans for visiting Mexico?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Unfortunately no....surprisingly, the only times I venture south of 520 is to go to the airport nowadays.....

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Keep it coming!

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/F ... 502689.php

U.S. immigration officials have begun preparing for a major sweep in San Francisco and other Northern California cities in which federal officers would look to arrest more than 1,500 undocumented people while sending a message that immigration policy will be enforced in the sanctuary state, according to a source familiar with the operation.

The campaign, centered in the Bay Area, could happen within weeks, and is expected to become the biggest enforcement action of its kind under President Trump, said the source, who requested anonymity because the plans have not been made public.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Add 3 zeros to that and it would send a message

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made my day? That I wasn't getting notifications from this thread for some reason. HAH!

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After picking up a few new guns (used but new to me) I was having trouble finding magazine's for a Tec-22 thinking I bought a gun that I could never shoot I saw on the web's that I could use 10/22 mags. Fuck ya.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, this was yesterday but...

I left Hop House. Not only was the commute killing me on gas, but I was thoroughly fed up with how the owner was running things....

I'm now cooking at the Route 2 Taproom in Monroe. I'm thrilled to work in a kitchen where we make everything in-house again. No more frozen foods and convection ovens!

:party:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Well, this was yesterday but...

I left Hop House. Not only was the commute killing me on gas, but I was thoroughly fed up with how the owner was running things....

I'm now cooking at the Route 2 Taproom in Monroe. I'm thrilled to work in a kitchen where we make everything in-house again. No more frozen foods and convection ovens!

:party:

Congratulations on the new gig!!! Always great to have the promise of a new job and more creative flexibility in your art. I cashiered a ten year job in 2016 to make the move here and work wise it's been an outstanding move. Hope the new digs pan out well for you.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 729, 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735 ... 1549  Next