Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Need Advice On How To Get Rid Of A Driveable Vehicle. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
das_napeth wrote:
Tow it up to Snohomish and we can do vehicle ops/barricades etc with it.

The dam thing will drive up there without an issue........... :bigsmile:

Drive it up here and leave it in my yard.

Put the title and bill of sale, (gift), in the glovebox. :thumbsup2: :wink05:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Eh, sorry you're out the good truck, but glad she's okay (you didn't mention injuries)....

Glad, too, she found a relatively decent landing spot, with someone decent to deal with about it....

If you're gonna drive, there's gonna be accidents....I'm always thankful when there are no injuries.

Hopefully it scared her enough to be more careful :thumbsup2:

She broke her toe, and got her ass chewed by PCS.

John, she is a good kid with almost straight A's, unfortunately she didn't hit her brake when she needed to and IMHO was a little over confident which in my experience can always bite you in the ass. This could have been a lot worse and I'm thankful for that.

I'm out of a truck, but I have a healthy Kid.........That's a win in my book.

That is 100% a Win in my book. It's just a Truck, and even Good kids make mistakes. Most important part is she is Ok. Nothing else matters here really, a lesson was learned i am sure. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
I guess the first question is what $ value would you have placed on it pre-wreck? Let's say that dollar value is $2000.

With full written disclosure (that you keep a copy of), you can simply list it for whatever you think it's worth now, say $1000, on the interwebs, as a parts vehicle if it's not driveable in current condition. Let some mechanics part it out in their own garage.

Or donate to charity for a huge tax writeoff, assuming deductions for charitable donations will survive - which we don't know yet. Talk to your tax guy.

Others mentioned parting it out but that might take a long time, lot of effort, and leave you with a disabled scavengered truck in your yard.

I threw caution into the wind and listed it on CL, I have seen ALOT worse on there for a boat load of money so we shall see what this brings.

Boom - I nailed it. $1000. GLWS

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/ ... 03574.html

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You need to post current pics of it with the damage. Its a more honest representation.

Also that pic is kinda like "click bait" for dumbest folks in the world. Unfortunately we live in a world where people LOOK and respond. They will all contact you thinking they are getting a nice truck that looks like the pics.

You will get tired of responding with, "its wrecked, did you read the ad?"

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:52 pm

You'll get more traffic if you replace lowrider with mini truck.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
You need to post current pics of it with the damage. Its a more honest representation.

Also that pic is kinda like "click bait" for dumbest folks in the world. Unfortunately we live in a world where people LOOK and respond. They will all contact you thinking they are getting a nice truck that looks like the pics.

You will get tired of responding with, "its wrecked, did you read the ad?"

Your 100% correct, I took the picture down.

MRC, I put “Mini” in the title.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A body shop with a frame machine could tweak that back into the range of respectability in a few hours with a couple hard pulls.

Fix it so it is a safer driver, and make her drive it until she can buy her own wheels. Leave all the war wounds - no cosmetic repairs.

A constant reminder - driving around in an example of what can go wrong will be the best deterrence for any other fits of youthful exuberance behind the wheel.

My son took his first car, that I found for him, a perfectly good Dodge Dart small block V8 auto, , and turned it into a pile of smoking junk by not checking the oil at every fill up like he was supposed to - the engine was sound, but used oil.

Being as we lived out in the sticks, he needed transportation. He got to drive the one ton beater stake bed truck I started my landscaping business with back in the early eighties.

That worked well until the day he nearly lost a wheel. He said it was making noise and driving funny.

I go out to take a look, and the front passenger wheel was held in place by only two backed out lug nuts - the rest had backed off, and about half the rim bolt surface had sheared off with cornering load.

He had the mechanical aptitude of Barbie The Crochet Cougar School Teacher Edition.

He was relegated to driving a bicycle for the rest of the summer as penance, and back into the one ton when school started and the weather went south for the winter.

I told him then and there he better get an education and a job that made enough money to pay people for all the shit he was gonna break, destroy, and wear out prematurely.

So, he got a degree, and his masters degree, went into private banking, and is senior vice president of portfolio management for Northern Trust.

Now, he breaks his shit, and pays other people to fix it. Ask him to do anything more complicated than pour cereal out of the box into a bowl, and he is fucked.

But, he makes stupid money, and my grandson will never be left lacking.

Kids and cars - it always works out, just not like you think it will.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 am

Add a few current pictures and "mechanics special" in the title.

Mexican or Russian flippers will be by soon.

Last edited by xman on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

RENCORP wrote:
A body shop with a frame machine could tweak that back into the range of respectability in a few hours with a couple hard pulls.

Fix it so it is a safer driver, and make her drive it until she can buy her own wheels. Leave all the war wounds - no cosmetic repairs.

A constant reminder - driving around in an example of what can go wrong will be the best deterrence for any other fits of youthful exuberance behind the wheel.

My son took his first car, that I found for him, a perfectly good Dodge Dart small block V8 auto, , and turned it into a pile of smoking junk by not checking the oil at every fill up like he was supposed to - the engine was sound, but used oil.

Being as we lived out in the sticks, he needed transportation. He got to drive the one ton beater stake bed truck I started my landscaping business with back in the early eighties.

That worked well until the day he nearly lost a wheel. He said it was making noise and driving funny.

I go out to take a look, and the front passenger wheel was held in place by only two backed out lug nuts - the rest had backed off, and about half the rim bolt surface had sheared off with cornering load.

He had the mechanical aptitude of Barbie The Crochet Cougar School Teacher Edition.

He was relegated to driving a bicycle for the rest of the summer as penance, and back into the one ton when school started and the weather went south for the winter.

I told him then and there he better get an education and a job that made enough money to pay people for all the shit he was gonna break, destroy, and wear out prematurely.

So, he got a degree, and his masters degree, went into private banking, and is senior vice president of portfolio management for Northern Trust.

Now, he breaks his shit, and pays other people to fix it. Ask him to do anything more complicated than pour cereal out of the box into a bowl, and he is fucked.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:

I dont always agree with Mr. Bacon but on this one it looks like he wins this thread.

The wife and had a nice long talk about this last night and we both agree that the kid should just drive it until the wheels fall off and get as much out of it as possible, we really wanted this pickup to get her through until she graduates and worry about another vehicle later.

I mean why should she get a new to her vehicle for driving this one into the ground????

Nope!!

I hope every time she looks at it she gets disgusted!!!

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How bad is the frame tweaked?

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

zombie66 wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

I dont always agree with Mr. Bacon but on this one it looks like he wins this thread.

The wife and had a nice long talk about this last night and we both agree that the kid should just drive it until the wheels fall off and get as much out of it as possible, we really wanted this pickup to get her through until she graduates and worry about another vehicle later.

I mean why should she get a new to her vehicle for driving this one into the ground????

Nope!!

I hope every time she looks at it she gets disgusted!!!

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good call!! props to ya!

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
How bad is the frame tweaked?

About a half inch behind the drivers side wheel in towards the passenger side.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:45 pm

There use to be a good body shop just before Buckley on the old highway to Enumclaw. I would get the rig straightened enough so that it would not eat tires.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next