Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Star Trek 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I'd heard some stuff about the new Star Trek. That it might be a little different. Maybe a little odd. I wasn't too sure what to think of it. I'm watching the 3rd episode right now, and I have to say, it's okay. Not too great, but not horrible either. The Orville is surprising me. I still can't get over the captain sounding like a dog though.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did not appreciate how much reading I had to do for the first episode. Just have the Klingons speak English for crying out loud! :)

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just finished the second episode, where are you getting the 3rd? Shady parts of the internet?

First episode felt rushed and some of the interactions were kind of fake feeling. But I'll stick it out for the long haul as I'm a Trek fan. It's already better than Earth Final Conflict :ROFLMAO:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Raygun74 wrote:
Just finished the second episode, where are you getting the 3rd? Shady parts of the internet?

First episode felt rushed and some of the interactions were kind of fake feeling. But I'll stick it out for the long haul as I'm a Trek fan. It's already better than Earth Final Conflict :ROFLMAO:

I believe he was referring to the 3rd episode of The Orville, which is Seth MacFarlane's new sci-fi show.

I have not seen that, or the new Star Trek. I plan on watching them both soon. As a die-hard Star Trek fan, I really hope that DIS is good.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
So I'd heard some stuff about the new Star Trek. That it might be a little different. Maybe a little odd. I wasn't too sure what to think of it. I'm watching the 3rd episode right now, and I have to say, it's okay. Not too great, but not horrible either. The Orville is surprising me. I still can't get over the captain sounding like a dog though.

I agree. I've liked it.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My understanding is that the New Star Trek franchise started with the first episode last night on network television, but the rest of the episodes will only be available with a paid subscription to CBS All Access, or whatever it's called.....

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
My understanding is that the New Star Trek franchise started with the first episode last night on network television, but the rest of the episodes will only be available with a paid subscription to CBS All Access, or whatever it's called.....

You are correct. Many fans have been apprehensive about this, for reasons that I share.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

You are correct. Many fans have been apprehensive about this, for reasons that I share.

Yeah, my wife digs sci-FI, so I told her about the new ST awhile back...she was looking forward to it....then she got home and I said, 'hey, that new Star Trek show starts tonight, then the rest streams on CBS Access'.....

Her response was "screw that!" :ROFLMAO:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Raygun74 wrote:

I believe he was referring to the 3rd episode of The Orville, which is Seth MacFarlane's new sci-fi show.

I have not seen that, or the new Star Trek. I plan on watching them both soon. As a die-hard Star Trek fan, I really hope that DIS is good.

Yes I am referring to The Orville. The joke is that The Orville is the new Star Trek, and the show that has Star Trek in it's name is a steaming pile of SJW trash, that isn't even Star Trek.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Captain90s wrote:
Raygun74 wrote:

Yes I am referring to The Orville. The joke is that The Orville is the new Star Trek, and the show that has Star Trek in it's name is a steaming pile of SJW trash, that isn't even Star Trek.

Have you actually watched the new Trek? Do you have anything to actually base that accusation on?

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Timeline of Star Trek:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... k#Timeline

Star Trek Discovery is supposed to be 10 years before TOS, starting in 2255.

In order to be placed here, it needs to be appropriately written/filmed/acted etc. This is a very specific time to be, with a well established story. They are trying to 1-up TOS. Ride on it's coat-tails.

Think about the intro words: "to boldly go where no man has gone before." That means Star Trek Discovery ship hasn't been there before. Because TOS ship is the 1st.

To work here, it would need a less advanced spaceship, less diverse crew etc. Instead it's a more advanced ship, more diverse crew to the point of insanity. It's completely overload on SJW PC bullshit. They should have placed it AFTER Voyager, in 2400 or so. Then they can have all the women with mens names, transgender/sexual/vestites. Super advanced spaceship. But then they'd have to strive out on their own, write their own plots.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As much as I can barely tolerate McFarlane in front of the camera, The Orville is watchable.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
As much as I can barely tolerate McFarlane in front of the camera, The Orville is watchable.

You didnt enjoy “A Million Ways To Die In the West”?

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've surprisingly been enjoying the Oroville also. I don't think I'll give ST a shake just yet. Seems like a lot of what made Stargate Universe suck.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
Jonathan Brown wrote:

You didnt enjoy “A Million Ways To Die In the West”?

The movie would have been a million times better if it didn't have a dog as the lead character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Griffin

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next