Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 So why isn't this enforced in the nfl 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The specific NFL rule pertaining to the National Anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. ... “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition... ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, inclu

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snowflakes...did you see the only Pittsburgh Steeler with any heart? He left the locker room and stood at the edge of the tunnel with hand on heart during the anthem

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Snowflakes...did you see the only Pittsburgh Steeler with any heart? He left the locker room and stood at the edge of the tunnel with hand on heart during the anthem

He was also an Army Ranger.

Interesting that Tomlin said they were all staying in the locker room to avoid players feeling divided. Looks like that didn't work out so well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently Mr. Alejandro Villanueva was reprimanded by his head coach for having the conviction to stay true to his Army training and being a patriotic citizen
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/2 ... nthem.html

Pretty sad when the NFL management comes down to side with the folks who don't believe in our country and actually reprimand someone for showing their respect for flag and country.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scvette wrote:
The specific NFL rule pertaining to the National Anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. ... “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition... ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, inclu

As much as I’d like this to be true, yesterday I searched and couldn’t find any mention of this in the rulebook. The best I can tell, it’s #fakenews.

Can anyone show me that it actually exists?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If there was indeed a rule in the NFL rulebook this would be enforced and players would be fined.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As usual more #fakenews. people are so stupid to believe what they are told.

even the local cnn affiliate Q13fox tells this shit without researching.

The Sheeple flock

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:43 am

Scvette wrote:

Wrong, pages 62 and 63 are about fouls. Nothing in the rule book has anything to do with what happens before kick off.

Here you go http://operations.nfl.com/media/2646/20 ... -rules.pdf

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck the NFL and this bullshit. I have other stuff I can do on Sunday, Monday and Thursday. I WILL miss it, but am done giving them a stand to pull this shit on in my home. No more games, no more NFL merchandise from my account.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
As usual more #fakenews. people are so stupid to believe what they are told.

even the local cnn affiliate Q13fox tells this shit without researching.

The Sheeple flock

"The sheeple flock"

You mean like the "leaders" who proclaimed Michael brown was a sweet innocent black child...you know, "hands up don't shoot" Never mind that he had just assaulted a store employee and resisted LE...And then when killed for his actions became the rallying cry for Black Lives Matter?

Yeah...tell me again about sheeple

-- Travis A Kisner

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Scvette wrote:

As much as I’d like this to be true, yesterday I searched and couldn’t find any mention of this in the rulebook. The best I can tell, it’s #fakenews.

Can anyone show me that it actually exists?

I looked as well, it doesn't exist in any of the NFL rule books I could find. Someone wrote this up and passed it off as real, and nobody seems to want to fact check it. I don't know how many times it's popped up in the last few days on my various feeds, always being passed off as 'why don't they enforce this?", but it simply doesn't exist.

L_O_G wrote:
If there was indeed a rule in the NFL rulebook this would be enforced and players would be fined.

Actually it probably wouldn't. Even for a piece of fake news, it's reasonably well written, and includes plenty of weasel words like "may", not "shall", "should", not "must", etc. Plenty of room for interpretation.

Last edited by delliottg on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Villanueva is awesome.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The NFL fines players for everything, down to the custom cleats the players wear. If there was a possibility they could fine for this, the ABSOLUTELY would.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NFL = garbage
Simple as that

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PAPISJEEP wrote:
NFL = garbage
Simple as that

NFL...No Fucking Loyalty

-- Travis A Kisner

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next