Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What a nightmare....... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So my kid bought an AR upper from Primary Arms in Texas. Great deal with 3x9 optic, pepr mount, BCG & charging handle for a nice price! They shipped it USPS and the nightmare begins...............
Because I'm retired he had it shipped to my house so Monday he called me at 2:30 and said "open it up, tell me how it looks!"
I said "open what?" Well it turns out the mailman delivered it to a house 2 blocks away. My son calls the post office and reports the screwup.
Tuesday - I see the mailman as I pull into my cul-de-sac so I stop. I tell him that we were expecting a package yesterday that was never delivered and I describe the size of the package we were expecting, He replies "Well I would have delievered it but I didn't have any packages yesterday" I replied "Interesting... I guess the postal inspectors will have to work this out, Thanks!"
About an hour later he comes to my door and said "Man I screwed up. I thought about it and I did have a special package but I delivered it to a house 2 blocks away (same house number, wrong street). I went to get it back but the guy who signed for it said it was gone but he should be able to have it by tomorrow. I'll go back tomorrow at the start of my shift and get it." I told him "shit happens, we can wait another day". As he walked back to his truck, he asked me what it was and I said 1/2 an assault rifle and his face went white...
Wednesday - He came back and said "Man they are giving me the run around. Just order another and I'll pay you for this one" to which I replied "Nope, this is mail fraud and a police report will be been filed. You need to go back over there and tell them that if they don't give the gun parts back the ATF will be paying them a visit." In the meantime my son reported it to the Federal Way Police Dept to cover his ass.
Well about 5 pm tonight, officer Ott (might be Otto) payed them a visit and put the fear of GOD in them! The guy who took possession of it told the officer that he had to run to Puyallup to get it and would call him when he had it, It was delivered to my house by the police officer about 45 minutes ago... The SOB fired it!!!! The barrel and the BCG were FILTHY!!! :angryfire:
It turns out that my son also called Primary Arms and they immediately shipped him another so he'll be returning the "used" one...
I really want this asshole prosecuted for opening mail that wasn't his... He tried to explain that because he runs a business that he gets packages all the time that he just signs for. I can accept that but the issue is that he had to go from Federal Way to Puyallup to get it back and the original boxes and receipt/packing slip were gone kinda proves he's a lying asshole. Personally I think this shows intent... I still cant believe:
1st, They (Primary Arms) sent it USPS?????????
2nd, What ever happened to "Signature Required?" (my son specifically requested a signature be required and gave 3 names)
3rd, Although I like my mailman we're talking 2 fricking blocks!
4th, Did this moron think that the post office wasn't going to pick up a gun part that they delivered to the wrong house?
5th, You attached a lower and the optics and shot it? I have to wonder who/what he shot!

My son walked in the house and said "Do I have Fuck me on my forehead?"
End of rant
:frust:

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Classic wrote:
1st, They (Primary Arms) sent it USPS?????????

Everything I've bought from primary arms has come USPS, usually works quite well.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 pm

That is f'd up. That guy is a piece of shit. It would be great if he was prosecuted for something.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:12 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

1. it happens
2. it happens
3. it happens
4. he's a dick
5. he's a dick

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First class ball licker.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:04 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Read a piece in the 90's from the Cato Institute about the incompetence of the USPS.
Was the highest paid semi-skilled occupation in the US. Lost mail was measured in the tons.

Talked to the mail carrier at our office and he said "Ya, it's almost impossible to get fired.
Late on your route, they just make it smaller. About the only way you could get fired would
be to bring in a gun and start shooting people."

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally, i like the USPS. I think they do a pretty damn good job overall. You want to send a letter across the country for 49 cents?
Sure, they can do that. :thumbsup2:

Shipping a Package in a few days across the US for a decent rate? They gotcha. I had a C&R License for some time and shipped a lot of rifles through them without any problems.

Yeah, they have some screwups and bad people, just like any huge Company. But overall, i prefer them by far over UPS or FEDEX.

Just my .02 on that, sorry for your hassles Classic, that sucks.

On the other hand, besides the Mailman's screwup, the real issue is the Asshole who received it.

He needs to be reamed.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Only thing worse here than the USPS is UPS, FedEx.............

Now the other guy - who opened the package and finished the gun and fired it. WTF????????????????????

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:shocked4:
:shocked4: :shocked4:

:shocked4: :shocked4: :shocked4:
:shocked4: :shocked4: :shocked4: :shocked4: :shocked4:

yep I'd get the fed's involved, sorry to hear your son had to go thru this

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is the intelligence level of this guy? Thinking he could get away with stealing an upper, firing it?!, even after the mail man identified him as the recipient...

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

since I have a lot of time on my hands, and since this would really piss me off, I would be working towards filing a formal complaint. I'm thinking you will have to make some persistent noise to get this to occur.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:03 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Just like the mainstream media using terms like "Assault Rifle" for dramatic effect.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like the guy sold the upper. The person who bought it, assembled and fired it. Then he had to buy it back from the person he sold it to.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
Sounds like the guy sold the upper. The person who bought it, assembled and fired it. Then he had to buy it back from the person he sold it to.

I'm betting that's what happened. Or he gave it to a friend/family member. Piece of crap. I've had this issue in my neighborhood whenever we have a substitute mailman. They constantly deliver to the right house number, wrong street or right street with the last two digits of my house number inversed. I'm lucky I know most of my neighbors and we have a community Facebook page, so when it does happen a quick post of "Who has my shit?" usually gets it delivered to my door with in minutes.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:

That sounds like a junkie move IMHO.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next