Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Barcelona terrorist attack 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:

EDIT: And it's confirmed that ISIS has accepted responsibility.

Was there ever any doubt ???

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could have been Basque/ETA.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:18 pm

skey wrote:
Annnnd, here comes CNN's Wolf Blitzer with this little gem:

"There will be questions about copycats," Blitzer said. "There will be questions if what happened in Barcelona was at all a copycat version of what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia. Even though there may be different characters, different political ambitions, they used the same killing device: a vehicle going at high speed into a group, a large group of pedestrians."

He is not very bright is he. Hey Wolf, buddy, did you know that ISIS has been doing this for a couple years now? So, how is that a copy of Charlottesville?

I need his job, grow a grey beard, blather consistently like a putz, and get a big paycheck.

Some people are just too stupid for their own good. What a fucking disgrace to journalism.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:
skey wrote:
Annnnd, here comes CNN's Wolf Blitzer with this little gem:

"There will be questions about copycats," Blitzer said. "There will be questions if what happened in Barcelona was at all a copycat version of what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia. Even though there may be different characters, different political ambitions, they used the same killing device: a vehicle going at high speed into a group, a large group of pedestrians."

He is not very bright is he. Hey Wolf, buddy, did you know that ISIS has been doing this for a couple years now? So, how is that a copy of Charlottesville?

I need his job, grow a grey beard, blather consistently like a putz, and get a big paycheck.

Some people are just too stupid for their own good. What a fucking disgrace to journalism.

I am waiting for his next gem. Will it be a new push to outlaw vehicles, or pedestrians? Enquiring minds want know.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Lars Larson had a reporter on that said Europe has had 30 attacks like this since the first of the year. 28 have been attributed to Issis or Muzlim origin.

Thats one every 7.6 days....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
So much tragic violence in the world. Most of it at the hands of fascists and radical Islam.

I did find one interesting picture - this guy appears to be an armed civilian or perhaps undercover officer in Spain? What are the gun laws in Spain I wonder?

I think the three in yellow also have badges on the vests. But it does appear they are armed as well.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
So much tragic violence in the world. Most of it at the hands of fascists and radical Islam.

I did find one interesting picture - this guy appears to be an armed civilian or perhaps undercover officer in Spain? What are the gun laws in Spain I wonder?

I think the three in yellow also have badges on the vests. But it does appear they are armed as well.

If you enlarge the photo, it definitely looks like the ones in the vests are also armed. I wonder if they have some sort of quick-response program established to call up off-duty LEOs if SHTF. It's Europe, so when SHTF.

I didn't see if anyone mentioned that an explosion in a residential neighborhood yesterday is also thought to be related. Daily Mail story -- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4800830/One-dead-explosion-near-scene-Barcelona-attack.html

And now there's word of a possible second attack? Also from the Daily Mail -- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4800282/PICTURED-Moroccan-man-rented-Barcelona-van.html Update: Sounds like this may have been a gunfight between the police and terrorists. Hoping the 4 dead are all bad guys.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's the master plan to get Europeans to pray five times a day, I guess. #PrayForBarcelona

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fucking cowardly way to kill people.

Divided we fall.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

os2firefox wrote:
It's the master plan to get Europeans to pray five times a day, I guess. #PrayForBarcelona

I know it is dark humor... and it made me laugh. I felt dirty and evil after I laughed.
Pretty grim times.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:

Is there a brave way? Duel perhaps?? Odd comment...

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

Why do I feel like that reply was directed more at the poster than the post? Don't do that.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
os2firefox wrote:

I know it is dark humor... and it made me laugh. I felt dirty and evil after I laughed.
Pretty grim times.

Bad to say, but Im almost getting numb to it. Its obvious there is a MAJOR problem, yet nothing is being done about it over there. Immigrants coming in by the boat loads on the daily, no vetting system, no real plan on where to put them, no plan how to roll them into the population, and ignorant politicians with blinders on. Europe is slowly slicing its own throat.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

Why do I feel like that reply was directed more at the poster than the post? Don't do that.

Sorry and it wasn't meant to be. I guess I was looking for dialogue and clarity.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
PMB wrote:
os2firefox wrote:

Pretty grim times.

Bad to say, but Im almost getting numb to it. Its obvious there is a MAJOR problem, yet nothing is being done about it over there. Immigrants coming in by the boat loads on the daily, no vetting system, no real plan on where to put them, no plan how to roll them into the population, and ignorant politicians with blinders on. Europe is slowly slicing its own throat.

I think a major problem is that talking about it is considered hate speech in a lot of Western European countries. Hate speech will land you in prison there. However if no one can ever talk about it, then the problem will never be fixed.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next